intro and questions

Options
Marisgoals
Marisgoals Posts: 28 Member
hey everyone my name is May, little about me I am 25 years old I just had my 3rd baby, I am in love with a wonderful man he has been my rock for the past 8 years and has been the best father ever, sometimes we fight but what would life be like if we didnt lol

now for my questions
1) I am breastfeeding so I need to know what calorie intake is ok to loose weight and still make babys yummy milk lol,
2) how do I program my food diary to show that calorie intake instead of 1200

and I think thats it I hope to get to know you guys better as time goes by thanks in advance.

Replies

• carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your new baby!

First of all, take it easy....If you just had a baby, you want to make sure that you recover properly, and you don't want to restrict your calories too much so that your milk supply gets up and running.

Perhaps tracking your food is good to get you into the habit, but don't worry too much about being restrictive. If you are hungry...EAT!!!

Now, to the nitty gritty of working the site:

- if you click on "My home" and choose "goals", you will be able to change your calorie settings manually. Just pick "customizable" (something like that??) rather than guided.
    - you can also change your weight loss goal to increase calories
    - breastfeeding can be entered into your food diary - choose the option that subtracts 500 cals from what you've eaten that day - that is the recommendation for exclusive breastfeeding

When it is all said and done, you should be eating at least 1800 calories a day. Protein should be at least 50 grams per day. Now - this is just what I have found in books and on the internet, but I am NOT a nutritionist...It is always best to talk to a doctor / nutritionist to be sure!!!!

Welcome and good luck!!!!