Fitness apps

Options
Frannybobs
Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
I just wondered who uses which apps or tech for what?

I have been using Endomondo on my HTC Desire S (Android 2.3) to track me when I go cycling, but last couple of times it's just been stuck on "Locating satellites" and so only really recorded about 2/3 of the ride.

I use Nike+ on the cardio machines at the gym - you can dock your iPod Touch in them and it records your workout and uploads it to Nike+ website, however it's not been developed very much for anything other than running.

I have just downloaded to my phone Runkeeper and iMapMyRide and thought I'd try them and see if their GPS is better.

I also use a Polar F4TF HRM to track the calories burnt of any cardio exercise. I'm a bit of a gadget geek if truth be told!!

Any other recommendations?

Cheers,
Fran

Replies

• lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    literally downloaded imapmyrun (and hubby did imapmyride) this weekend.. he's gone out for a ride tonight so see how it goes. I was impressed with the run version yesterday though!

Polar FT4 HRM for me at the gym and obviously MFP but that's about it!
  • MEMoggridge
    MEMoggridge Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I use C25K app, targetWeight which I love(!) pushups lite, Nike training and Runkeeper I find this works quite well GPS wise if your phone is in a pocket on your arm!!!!
    I also have water lite which makes me keep track of water better!!! ( I'm quite competitive so it gives me targets!!! I know it's sad!!!)
    That's my collection anyway!!!!
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper but for hill walking I use Everytrail.
  • Frannybobs
    Options
    literally downloaded imapmyrun (and hubby did imapmyride) this weekend.. he's gone out for a ride tonight so see how it goes. I was impressed with the run version yesterday though!

Polar FT4 HRM for me at the gym and obviously MFP but that's about it!

Cool - I'd be interested to know how your husband got on - as I might try that imapmyride myself if he was impressed with it :)
  • Frannybobs
    Options
    I use C25K app, targetWeight which I love(!) pushups lite, Nike training and Runkeeper I find this works quite well GPS wise if your phone is in a pocket on your arm!!!!
    I also have water lite which makes me keep track of water better!!! ( I'm quite competitive so it gives me targets!!! I know it's sad!!!)
    That's my collection anyway!!!!

I don't think I'll be using the pushups one (never could do those even when I played football as a teenager!!). I might try Runkeeper and iMapMyRide on my next 2 rides and then decide which of the 3 apps I prefer. I had loved Endomondo up to now so I was disappointed when it wouldn't locate GPS Satellites and dropped at least a mile both ways yesterday :-(

Hmmm, might try that Water Lite too - I need to focus on that a bit more myself :)