HOLIDAYS... YIKES!

Options
MommyMiles
MommyMiles Posts: 34 Member
This past week, over Thanksgiving, I was off from work all week (my district, where I teacher kindergarten, takes the whole week off), and I was sick. A terrible chest cold, but being the supermommy I strive to be, I fought through it and spent the whole week running my boys from one fun outing to another (trying in vain to make up for my guilty conscience for NOT being able to do these things during working weeks). I hardly worked out, ate fairly well UNTIL Thanksgiving, and just gave in for a few days. Let me say, I did do better than I would have, but by no means did I stick to any strict eating plan. What did me in, I think, was the alcohol. I rarely drink (maybe twice a month), but I did endulge in quite a bit of wine with dinner (WTH, it was more of an appetizer, dinner drink, and dessert). I gained 1.5 LBS since my last weigh-in and am feeling totally pissed! Blah!

I am backing to work, eating well, and hopefully will feel up to working out tomorrow. I still can hardly breathe today, and after spending the day with 65 five year olds, half of who were sick as well, Jillian might just kill me. This week's weight gain has me in a panic. I have weeks of holiday fun, parties, and food ahead of me. At this rate I am going to be fatter than I was before I started losing weight a couple weeks ago. SO...

How are you fighting the holiday hustle, bustle, and BULGE? What advice can you give me to keep everything in moderation (PLEASE, don't suggest forgoe the wine on Christmas eve... I will NEED it by then)? How did you do over Thanksgiving? Am I the only one who gained this week?

Replies

• melkithall
    melkithall Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey, I totally understand how you're feeling. I did okay over the holiday, didn't gain. But, I let myself completely off the hook on Thanksgiving, ate whatever I felt like eating. Problem was, I got full so quickly. I tried to keep eating, when else do I get my favorite Mashed Potatoes and Pie!!!! I just go full quicker than I used to, which is good I guess. Thursday was supposed to be my only free day, but I slacked the rest of the weekend for sure. Friday went on a date with the hubby and indulged, Saturday went out with a girlfriend I rarely see (sans kids) and indulged, then celebrated a birthday for my sister-in-law Sunday and had a little too much Cheesecake! So, am I terrified of the holidays and all their parties? For sure. I think its okay to indulge every once in a while, like Thanksgiving and Christmas. But, when we start making an excuse for too many days, that will be the downfall. My goal is to let myself indulge only one day of the week when the holidays come. I have a church Christmas party second week of December, family Christmas party third week, my birthday on the 22nd, and then I have to choose either Christmas or the last family party on New Year's Eve--don't know what I'll do yet. That's how I'm going to get through, only one day a week and be strict on no more allowances. Hopefully, like on Thanksgiving, I"ll be so used to eating less the rest of the week that I'll get full sooner on my splurge day. The key will be to listen to my body and stop eating when I am full. Good luck to you!! And don't stress over the gain, you can't change that it happened, so just move forward and what you were doing before. Oh, and get better soon.