Texas Weather

Options
macpatti
macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
Okay.......it's too cold for my liking in Houston right now! It's 36 degrees, and I'm freezing. What's it like where you live? Do you like it, hate it, indifferent to it?

Replies

• boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    if its going to be cold it needs to be snowing and icing over so that i am stuck in the house. Otherwise make it warm. Im a born and raised Texan and i cant handle cold at all.

But i wouldnt live anywhere else UNLESS there was a beach.
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I love this weather! Its far easier to get warm than it is to get cool IMO. This is my favorite time of the year in Texas, but I come from the north as a transplant so I might be a little jaded. lol
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I agree! Of course, anything below 65 or so is "freezing" to me! :blushing:
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yep! I agree, it's too cold for my liking. I see all of the threads regarding cold weather running and I go on to see how people are doing it, only to realize that when they say cold, they mean "Freezing your A.. off cold!" I made it through the summer running in 100 plus degree heat, I don't know if I can make the winter running in 60 degree Freezing Cold Weather!!!
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I agree! Of course, anything below 65 or so is "freezing" to me! :blushing:

Don't feel bad......me too!
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I think it was in the 40s this morning... which is FREEZING to me. But I still refuse to turn the heater on... Cheap@$$ college kid right here...
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I am so damn cold in the morning and at night ! I can't stand cold weather. Right now it isn't too bad (60 degrees) but its cold to me lol. Tonight it will be 36 apparently. I am broke and cheap so I no longer use the heater! Time to get some blankets and warm pjs!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    38 in buna, burn ban finally got lifted. TOO COLD
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!!! I love having real seasons.I grew up in southern CA and the weather was ALWAYS the same
  • macpatti
    Options
    I love it!!!!! I love having real seasons.I grew up in southern CA and the weather was ALWAYS the same

How cold is it there, Jeanette?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

How cold is it there, Jeanette?

The high today was 57 the lows have been near freezing
  • macpatti
    Options
    The high today was 57 the lows have been near freezing

Similar here. I can handle the sunny 57 but not the morning near freezing temps! (and I'm a New Yorker)
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Houston weather is so stupid. It's damn near 80 today.
  • macpatti
    Options
    Houston weather is so stupid. It's damn near 80 today.

It's so hard planning for events regarding wardrobe!
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    IM IN THE RIO GRAND VALLEY AND IT IS SUPER HOT HERE....UGG I HATE IT..... HOUSTON SEND US SOME COLD WEATHER DOWN HERE..LOL...
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Today should be gorgeous in Houston, but then the cold comes back. I'm planning on spending some time in my loungechair getting some vitamin D!!
  • macpatti
    Options
    Today should be gorgeous in Houston, but then the cold comes back. I'm planning on spending some time in my loungechair getting some vitamin D!!

It is so pretty outside!
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    it's disgusting in Corpus today!! was about 66º this morning during my run but was SO humid that I was drenched in sweat 10 minutes in! now it's foggy & raining... make up your mind!!
  • macpatti
    Options
    it's disgusting in Corpus today!! was about 66º this morning during my run but was SO humid that I was drenched in sweat 10 minutes in! now it's foggy & raining... make up your mind!!

I graduated from Carroll High School in '85. Are you familiar with the campus? Outside breezeways!!!! Ugh. I carried a curling iron in my purse and would straighten my bangs at the beginning of each class. Darn humidity!
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I just checked our weather and it's only 41! I'm not so sure an outside run is going to be for me today. I brought sweatpants and a long sleeve tshirt to work to change into, but I'm thinking this is going to require a sweatshirt. I may have to spend my lunch at Academy buying "winter" gear!