Favorite Artists!

Options
What's everyone's favorite artists??

Personally I really love Cezanne, Klimt, Kandinsky, and Jenny Saville.

Replies

• quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people's work that I like, but I'm not aware of their names.. (real fan, right?)

I love the classics like Monet, Van Gogh, Dali, etc.

I like to think of who I like in terms of "would I hang that in my house?". I'm into a lot of weird stuff, so things like a painting of a bowl of fruit is not my fancy.

I'm starting to get more into my different sides of creativity (mostly makeup) so I'm very into makeup artists right now :) Billy B is AWESOME (Lady Gaga's makeup artist) and I would kill to have his job. Like seriously, I would kill someone.
  • Pramps
    Pramps Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi!

I absolutely love Leonid Afremov. His use of color is amazing. I also love Alfonse Mucha and adore Frida Kahlo. :drinker:
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Van Gogh, Van Gogh, and Van Gogh!

Okay, he is my favorite, but I also like other artists. Dali, Klee, Kandinsky, Monet, Manet, Da Vinci, Rembrandt.

For contemporaries there are many I like, Leonid Afremov, Sharon Cummings, many others...
  • sarablueskies
    sarablueskies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    rothko! and working on canyon road in santa fe, i'm partial to all the live artists working their *kitten* off right now...including myself.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Titian is my ultimate favorite, followed closely by Rivera and Ernst.
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    God Is my Top favorite Artist, nobody can paint a sky like God :) The fragrance of the earth when the first rains hit it :) Playing in the rain :), The fragrance of beautiful fragrant plants, the beauty & deliciousness of fruits yummy yum yum :) Walking on the beach the smell of the ocean :) The mist rolling in :) The beauty & freshness of ever green forests.

Having said that I love certain songs I have favorite songs, & favorite paintings, no favorite artists. Thank God for this incredible beauty, sometimes the beauty is so beautiful in can bring tears to my eyes, smiling tears :)

My least favorite part is being limited by myself!! :( the days I do not paint!! :((((