Weightloss for cosplays 2012?

Options
aimeemusic
aimeemusic Posts: 73 Member
Hey all!

I am huge nerd cosplay nerd and I hoping my new inspired self can shape up and get health. Ofcourse it would be awesome to slip into a new slimmer cosplay and really rock it out!

Question for all?

If you could lose or gain the 5 pound to what-ever-your-goal-is-weight, who would you cosplay this year?

I REALLY want to do Elsie from The World of God Only Knows. I think it is do able especially if I am down 20 pounds by the con (about 5 months away). I may not be super thin...or thin...LOL (BUT REALLY..WHO LOOKS LIKE ANIME CHARACTER in RL) but I am can defiently rock it with a few less curves.

any takers on this 2012 challenge?

Replies

• Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    :O THIS IS A GOOD CHALLENGE!

Lirin from Saiyuki

lirin1.jpg

Moonbay from Zoids

ZOLW_Moonbay.jpg

Scanty or Kneesocks from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

520576-bigthumbnail.jpg
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    fatina from tower of druaga

Fatina19.jpg

or samus aran

309854.jpg
  • ewong02
    Options
    For my first weight loss goal, I cosplayed Black Gold Saw

I'm aiming for Yuzuriha Inori from Guilty Crown this year!!! Scantily clad heroines ftw lol
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    First choice: Arachne from Soul Eater

arachne.jpg

Second Choice: Yuuko from XXXHolic

Yuko-Ichihara-184x300.gif

And lastly: Tsubaki from Soul Eater

742112-tsubaki_large.jpg
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    long, black hair and big boobs are my theme.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

i love arachne! good choice, i would love to see it once you hit your goal :D

i want to cosplay as Taiga from Tora Dora

taiga.gif

i think this will be possible with another 15 pounds (my ultimate goal~) :D
  • aimeemusic
    Options
    That weapon is just so cool!

What would you use to make it?

*points at witchblade's cosplay pic*
  • aimeemusic
    Options

:)

Seems like there will be some very sexy ladies at cons all over the United States!.

Yeah! US!

One favorite cosplay that I did was Belldandy from "Oh My Goddess"....I would love to bring her back as a slimmer me too...

PS

This is a pic of ELSIE....my goal for this year....my bf will be going as Keima

the-world-god-only-knows.jpg

I love cute and girly! :)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I think I'm having doubts about who I want to cosplay. I originally had some characters listed in another thread, but I just might cosplay a few of my roleplay characters from Gaiaonline.com/AOL. No one will know who they are, so it'll be a mad fail, but I've always wanted to rock one of the characters. If I find a decent drawing of either, I'll post it.
  • ReinasWrath
    Options
    That weapon is just so cool!

What would you use to make it?

*points at witchblade's cosplay pic*

Its a flame thrower ^_^ I'd prob get a metal pole and use card board to fit the frame around it,,, I've never cosplayed before so I'm not sure how well it'd work T_T; Sounds good on paper though Lol

We should all post pics of our cosplays when we hit them!!! :D
  • ReinasWrath
    Options

Lol for some reason I'm surprised you didn't say Tobi :D
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I think I'm having doubts about who I want to cosplay. I originally had some characters listed in another thread, but I just might cosplay a few of my roleplay characters from Gaiaonline.com/AOL. No one will know who they are, so it'll be a mad fail, but I've always wanted to rock one of the characters. If I find a decent drawing of either, I'll post it.

I think this would be really cool, even if nobody knew who you were. Taking something you created and bringing it to life as a cosplay is pretty awesome. :)

I want to cosplay at least once, but I haven't decided who I would be yet... I think I need to watch more anime!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have yet to cosplay. But I have always ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted to go as yuroichi from bleach... she's so freaking hot, and i LOVE that she still has curves...cuz mine will not go away. that's okay, cause i love my hips! I'll have to fake the boobs though. :laugh:
  • ChosenEntity
    Options
    My main goal is to do 1 "real" cosplay, and 1 quadsuit this year. I plan on sharing the quadsuit with my boyfriend. :3

My troll hunter, Akume (like this, but with a white mohawk and less nekkid)
    http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/28914027/Summergale+default.jpg

The Ancient Core Hound (OMG SO MUCH PADDING!!! D:)
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/068/3/5/Core_Hound_by_Arsenal21.jpg

So excited! X3
  • ReinasWrath
    Options
    I have yet to cosplay. But I have always ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted to go as yuroichi from bleach... she's so freaking hot, and i LOVE that she still has curves...cuz mine will not go away. that's okay, cause i love my hips! I'll have to fake the boobs though. :laugh:

she ISSS hot but not too big of boobs :D lol not compared to Orihemey (spelling >_> )
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options

she ISSS hot but not too big of boobs :D lol not compared to Orihemey (spelling >_> )

OH GOD NO!!!! DDDD8
    Does that size even exist? XD
  • aimeemusic
    Options
    I actually created a bust modification so I can cosplay more robust characters...

I have allowed to do tsunade and Matsumoto quite accurately and people are really tthought it was the real thing...

It hard to explain it over the net since it is an original design. But in a sense it takes my full B and easily turns it in to DD/Eor bigger (depending on the cosplay) and it doesn't weight anything and doesn't cause me to sweat and looks ANiME accurate. Remember if Orihime had her bust with her frame she would likely fall over and never get back up...lol

But trust me Yuroichi would not be that hard because she does not show cleavage so you can create the illusion a lot easier....the cleavage is the hardest bit to fake. Without it, it tends to look like you have to bowling balls defying gravity when the costume requires it.

Go for it girl!! Cosplay is about illusion and fantasy....just make it work :) You can do it :)

PS....people treated me different when I was dressed as Matsumoto versus when I did Momo....goodness did people fall for that illusion...lol
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    I totally wanna know how you did it!!!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options

Your choices are relevant to my interests :3
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Haha, I don't do cosplay, and I don't plan to. But if I WERE to do cosplay, I'd want to do some Jojo characters!

But especially, my favorite Jojo! (Jolyne Kujo)

rah508_t.jpg

jojo-joleyne.jpg