fit after 50

Options
jaabee11
jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
Hi, there is already a group "fit after 50". Why don't you come join us instead of making a new group. The more the merrier.

Replies

• samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    There is always room for more groups. Anyone here on "55 And Over" is welcome to come on by to "Fit After 50!" also. I now belong to both groups. Hope to get a lot of support and share knowledge!
  • tkdevine
    Options
    Thanks for inviting me to the group. I am over 50. I was diagnosed with Lupus 15 years ago. I have been on daily steroids for 12 of the 15 years. Needless to say, they made me gain weight. I am ready to takle this problem and to chose Life.
  • dogwalk
    dogwalk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for inviting me I'm 56,and yes it is a struggel to keep weight down,some days you do feel defeated, and like giving up ,But then we see ourselfs and see what we what to look like and become motivated again! We eant good health some of us have grandchildren we want to run and plat with so that motivation to,
  • housegirl2
    housegirl2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Samantha I noticed you reported having atrial fibrillation. I was just diagnosed with this and am going through some more testing and medication. Heard about a study done at University of Kansas Medical Center using Yoga 3 times a week (in addition to medication, not in place of) to help minimize episodes. Might be something youll want to check out. I'm getting ready to sign up for classes at my local YMCA:flowerforyou:
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks "housegirl2". My episodes used to be very infrequent. Two or three times a year. It's only been this last 6 months that they have become frequent. I'm talking to my doc this week. So far I don't use any meds. A beta blocker during attacks, that's all.