Having problems tonight

Options
All I want are some bad carbs. Of course, I have none in the house and am not going out...it is cold and snowy. But I was on the 17 day diet forum and became even more discouraged because of some of the posts. One person said I probably was not ready to start this and I am wondering if she is right. I have 3 work luncheons that I am required to attend and at least one birthday dinner coming up, then the holidays.

I am an emotional eater and right now, I want chocolate chip cookies...homemade, of course. After my surgery in Sept, it seemed as though all I ate were carbs.

I am at the end of C1 and I think I have done pretty well. I have eaten so much healthier than I have in a long time. I have cooked or prepared every meal. I have thrown out food after my grandchildren were here (like bagels), which I don't do. I hate throwing food away!!

I felt good a couple of hours ago and now I am ready to give up. 4#! REALLY?! Is that REALLY worth feeling as deprived as I do right now. I was eating frozen meals such as Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones which is so much easier for me. I live alone, can't eat much at one time, and don't enjoy cooking much for myself, especially after a long day at work.

Help????

Replies

• Gamergl
    Gamergl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If I have a sweet craving I'll drink a glass of crystal light, iced tea flavored, or have a yogurt. Try the desert flavored yogurts too. And a few glasses of water, when I have cravings it usually means I'm dehydrated. But that's just me.

It's cold and snowy here too, and on these days I workout to one of Jillian Michaels' videos. If you're not a fan of hers, then find one you can do and will enjoy doing.

DONT GIVE UP!!!! Please! Remember log all your food - even if it's not great. Keep your diary private if you dont want antone to see it. Tomorrow's a new day and you'll do better tomorrow. It's very gratifying to see progression day after day. And if you slip-up, oh well, get mad at yourself and just think how much better you can do tomorrow!
  • Gamergl
    Gamergl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    After all - you're doing better than me!!! It seems like my scale hasn't moved, but I know my body is changing everyday - for the best!
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My first cycle on 17DD was fraught with error. One day my sodium would be WAY up. Another day, my sugars were too high. It takes a bit of time to adjust to the new pattern of eating. One cycle of 17 days is not enough to change all of your habits.

I would suggest having the chocolate chip cookie -- and freezing the rest of the batch. Continue to log everything and try to follow the Accelerate food list. Plan one chocolate chip cookie each day at that point where you know you will crave it. Just plan it in.

My personal treat preference is ice cream. I plan one in every day, even on Cycle 1. It helps to keep my calories up since everything else that's allowed seems to bump up my sodium number.

This is a tough time of year to "diet", but it is a good time of year to learn the balance. Plan your regular meals with 17DD in mind. Allow yourself to indulge a bit during the various events you must attend.

Balance.
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Dont get discouraged. I have had MANY bad days and caved in. Its really about controlling your portions. Log every single bite. I ate oreos and still lost weight, but I had one serving (i can easily scarf 2-3 servings).
    Im still a beginner. Ending C1 and going to repeat it because it does take time to adjust to it.
    BTW, frozen foods are very high in sodium. Take a day to cook several foods and have ready for your week.
    You can totally do it...one meal at a time.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Dont get discouraged. I have had MANY bad days and caved in. Its really about controlling your portions. Log every single bite. I ate oreos and still lost weight, but I had one serving (i can easily scarf 2-3 servings).
    Im still a beginner. Ending C1 and going to repeat it because it does take time to adjust to it.
    BTW, frozen foods are very high in sodium. Take a day to cook several foods and have ready for your week.
    You can totally do it...one meal at a time.

Hear, hear! About the preparation of foods in advance. I do that, too. I make my own "lean cuisine" because it is SO hard not to go over in sodium using any convenience foods.

Even those frozen Tyson chicken tenderloins (not breaded) are packed with salty chicken broth. They look raw, but they aren't.