Holidays and your pets♥

♥Faerie♥
♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
So do you guys include your pets in the holidays? I only have two dogs, no kids, so I am always buying them things to put under the tree.....We have had Capone for 12 years now, and always give him a huge bag of tennis balls.....we wrap them up, and then give him the package to rip into......he just loves it....
This will be Freya's first Xmas, and she is my baby so I am sure I will go crazy with her, I just got her a sweater today with santa on it!
And she is trying out to be Santa's newest reindeer:

010.JPG?width=516&height=600

Replies

• I don't wrap presents for them, but I pretty much spoil the CRAP out of Sigmund (aka Froonie) and Lilu. PetSmart near my area was having a great sale on fleeces and sweaters, and Lilu is only about 4lbs so she appreciates the warmth!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Aww so cute. I go a little nuts with Biskit too. I have no kids so he is my baby. I wrap his presents and put them under the tree. It's so funny watching him rip them open. Not too sure what all he is gonna get this year. He has SOOO many toys. He hates clothes. And has tons of treats. Probably lots of bones. He loves bones. And a new little "girlfriend". Since he tore Meg up to pieces. I had to throw her out..it broke my heart. I will probably get him a new stuffed dog and name her Lois. I also thought about getting him this..

black-dog-bow-tie_m.jpg
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    We get my dog one of those huge bones from Petsmart every year. It takes him all year to chew it down before he gets a new on Christmas morning.

Even with that... this is his feelings on the holiday...
    hu4kgi.jpg
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    ^ OMPP...that is hilarious! Love it!♥
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    This is my first Christmas with Jada, so I have started picking things up for her here and there. I probably will wrap them just because she loves to rip things apart.

My neice and nephew just moved away and I am childless....What can I say?? She reaps the benefits :bigsmile:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    We get my dog one of those huge bones from Petsmart every year. It takes him all year to chew it down before he gets a new on Christmas morning.

Even with that... this is his feelings on the holiday...
    hu4kgi.jpg

Holy **** lol. I nearly spit out my water. I love how dignified he looks!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Yes, we get toys/bones for our dogs and wrap them up and put them under the tree! :) We don't have any kids, so they are our fur kids. It's fun to watch them paw at it and try to rip it open...lol!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    I'm pretty sure my George Clooney has more sweaters than I do now...

xmas time is always super fun, we refer to him as our hairy son/fur baby all the time, so of course he gets spoiled. He even has his own little stocking hanging by the tree...always full of his favourite treats and goodies.
    And yes we wrap up toys for him too!

I love having a dog who thinks he's human, and who gets upset and mopey if you don't ask him how his day was as soon as you get home :laugh:
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    his name is george clooney? thats awesome.

hobbes keeps attacking the christmas tree, which is kinda funny. I made him a stocking and got him some toys and a hidey tube for his cage as well.
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    all my pets right down to the guinea pigs and gerbils have stockings (well the gps have one they share , as do the 2 (or more by then)gerbils) and they all get their stocking stuffed by "santa"

this year we are going away for christmas so the furbabies will all be at my work. ( AH) but i plan to fill their stocking and send them with them to be given on Christmas
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    My cat in the picture had quite the display under the tree last year and i plan to do the same thing this year :) I wrap everything and Santa never lets my little Duggie down :) lol Last year i made the mistake of putting a few bags of treats under the tree (wrapped) after midnight and when we woke up the floor was littered with wrapping paper and a bag of treats that he worked his tail off opening...lol My furbaby is very much a part of christmas in my house :)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    I have to post photos when i geet home =)
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Maxine's favorite present was a bag of Pupperoni. Every time we turned out back, she'd grab the bag from under the tree, run to the other side of the room and try desperately to open it!
    DeerMaxwithSanta2009.jpg
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Untitled1-1.jpg
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    408250_2900665476294_1250146468_33240785_1358852590_n.jpg
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    My parents and in-laws send the dogs wrapped gifts for the tree and we just fill stockings - yes, our dogs have stockings. They get lots of rawhides, some toys, some treats. They were really good about leaving the presents under the tree alone. I was impressed!