Buddies please!

Options
Hi, I am a stay at home mom of two and really could use some support. I had two children about 14 months apart and my body has REALLY taken a beating. My youngest has just turned 11 months and I have decided to really get back in the swing of things. When becoming pregnant I really didn't realize how much my body would endure and was really shocked. It didn't help that I gained 70 lbs during my first pregnancy and wasn't able to get it all off before falling pregnant again. I would really like some support and to support anyone else out there that needs it.

WIsh you all the best of luck!

Replies

• carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place!!

MFP has made a lot of difference for me. Some tips that have helped me stick with it:

- add some friends and keep your diary open to them - makes you think twice about eating too much of that "whatever you crave"
    - take it slow...get used to logging your food, then tackle one bad habit at a time
    - if you are having a tough day and want to eat - come here first! You'd be surprised what a little support can do to your resolve
    - when you are ready to kick it up a notch - try joining a group challenge! It is keeping me focused on working out (a near miracle, considering my previous activity level and sleep-deprived state).
    - take before pictures in a bikini or underwear...months from now, you will be so glad you did!!! The differences in a picture beat any number on the scale...
    - don't forget to take measurements - they often say more than your weight
    - if you are hungry...eat!!! Stock up on veggies - you can eat lots without much calorie intake

Good luck on your journey! The ladies of the "pack" are here to support you!
  • Veronicamiller86
    Veronicamiller86 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    what's your plan of attack?? :)

me - i had DD#1 in 2008, just had DD#2 in sept 2011. i'm working on getting back in shape! i am EBF so that burns 500 calories/day. i am doing a "couch to 5k" program to help train me back into running since apparently i can barely run 2 blocks! and i would like to add some other workouts in there too. if only my kids would let me do a workout video.... as soon as i turn it on they both go crazy. but as soon as DD#2 is 3 months old, i can take her to the gym because they have free childcare... holla!
  • BecLBe
    BecLBe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there..I need some motivation buddies too. I just joined this site a few days ago to get motivated to knock off my baby weight. I have an 18 month old and a 6 week old. I didn't lose my weight from my toddler either before getting pregnant again. Plus I'm in the Army and have only 6 months to lose the weight. It's so hard but this time around I'm motivated to do this. I'm EBFing also, so I'm hoping that helps again. I'm trying the couch to 5k program and also I just purchased the Tracey Anderson Post Natal DVD to do during the day while the baby is napping. If you ever need a boost, hit me up. Good luck and know you're totally not alone!