Shakeology!

Options
MereMe
MereMe Posts: 312 Member
Love Shakeology? What's your favorite recipe? I am a plain ole' kinda gal and I drink it with 1 cup lactose free, fat free milk. I blend it together and then blend in 9 cubes of ice for an icy cool treat. i love my quiet time post workout in the morning to enjoy my shake and start my day off right!

Post any questions you may have here as well!

Replies

• Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just started today, skim milk in a shaker cup. I was so impressed by how thick and filling it was. I found this recipe:

1 packet/scoop chocolate shakeology
    2T sugar/fat free butterscotch pudding
    2T PB2 (or peanut butter)
    4-6oz water
    2oz milk
    Ice to taste

on the team beachbody site, supposed to taste like butterfinger.
  • fmeisele
    Options
    Here's my recipe. I love Shakeology. I make mine using a Magic Bullet and crushed ice. The Magic Bullet makes it quick and easy to clean up.

Dole - Banana (7-8"), 0.5 Medium
    Blue Diamond - Unsweetened Almond Milk , 1 cup
    Splenda W/ Fiber - Splenda - No Calorie Sweetener W/1g of Fiber, 1tsp, 3 teaspoon
    Smucker's - Natural Peanut Butter Chunky, 1.25 tbsp
    Beachbody Chocolate Shakeology - Meal Replacement Shake, 1 scoop 48 grams
    Beachbody Shakeology Boost - Fiber Booster, 1 scoop (10g)

Calories - 391
    Carbs - 48
    Fat - 15
    Protein - 24
    Fiber - 10
    Sodium - 336
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    ok those sound good!
    I love both flavors and I have so many different recipes that I just whip up I cant pick out one. Normally I use unsweet almond milk with the chocolate and fresh juices with greenberry.

I know the difference when Im not drinking the shakes and when I am. I tend to crave bad things when Im not drinking my shakes and eat badly as well. When I do have my shakes I dont feel the need. Has anybody else noticed that? Guess its because our bodies get everything they need from the shake so they dont tell our brains to crave something
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Brittbergh: I am the same way! I think I honestly ALLOW myself to cheat :sad: on days I don't start off with my shake - almost like I figure the day is already shot - why fix it! I hate that I do this and really am trying to stick with my shakes - they make my day better and I hold myself more accountable :)

My workout partner adds a tablespoon of PB and swears it tastes JUST LIKE a Reese Cup - YUMMMM
  • melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    waiting for shakeology in the mail... so these recipes were helpful! Thanks!
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you like the Reeses flavor, the PB 2 is a great add - and like 25 calories for a T and no fat. It is a powdered peanut butter - weird I know but everyone swears by it!

I'm pretty simple. I like my chocolate with 1/2 c skim milk, 1/2 c water, and frozen berries and a couple of ice cubes maded in the Magic bullet. I have found that the MB makes the shakes so much creamier than a normal blender. And I have found that using frozen berries I don't have to use my ice.

For Greenberry, I use 1/2 c Trop 50 OJ, frozen berries, etc. Can you tell I like berries? :wink:
  • lacejo
    lacejo Posts: 1
    Options
    My hubby and I simply add a banana, fresh almond butter and 1% milk to two scoops of the chocolate Shaekology. Tastes great! On days when I am rushing to my office I put a scoop into my shaker, add water and it fills me up just the same.

I'm looking forward to trying the new tropical strawberry flavor...anyone tried it? I wasn't crazy about the greenberry so I am hesitant...

Love shakeology, it is the best meal replacement out there!
    Good luck to all!
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I simply add a banana, fresh almond butter and 1% milk to two scoops of the chocolate Shaekology. Tastes great! On days when I am rushing to my office I put a scoop into my shaker, add water and it fills me up just the same.

I'm looking forward to trying the new tropical strawberry flavor...anyone tried it? I wasn't crazy about the greenberry so I am hesitant...

Love shakeology, it is the best meal replacement out there!
    Good luck to all!

I just finished up a bag of the strawberry flavor. I really liked it, although it had a bit of a powder taste that I had to get used to. I just tried Chocolate for the first time today, and found it to be nowhere near as sweet as the strawberry.
  • amzg44
    amzg44 Posts: 4
    Options
    A few of my absolute favs:

"Mint Twilight"

8 oz of water
    1 scoop of Chocolate Shake-O
    A few handfuls of ice
    A splash of Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    1/2 tsp of Pure Mint Extract
    2 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract
    2 tbsp of PB2

"Cream Dream"

8 oz of water
    1 scoop of Chocolate Shake-O
    A few handfuls of ice
    A splash of Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    1 spoon of Jet Puff marshmallow Cream (its only 40 calories per serving which is 2 tbsp so dont be scared of just 1 spoon)
    2 tbsp of PB2

"Tropical Breeze"

8 oz of water
    1 scoop Tropical Strawberry Shakeology
    A few handfuls of ice
    A splash of Coconut Milk
    1/2 cup strawberries
    1 orange, peeled and divided into segments
    1/2 banana
  • 13nicholas
    13nicholas Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Honestly my mix is not much of a recipe but I look forward to having it most mornings.

Shakeology 1 Scoop ,1 1/2 Fat Free Milk, Cup Frozen Blueberries. I either user a mixer or shake violently with a closed container.

Love it!!
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    Chocolate and PB is the best I could eat this all day everyday. It is my guilty pleasure and it's so good for me :)
  • robbierob23
    robbierob23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1 scoop Tropical Shakeology
    1 scoop of Optimum Gold Standard Banana Cream Whey
    1 cup Ice
    1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1/2 cup of fresh black or blueberries
    1 cup/8oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    16oz water

Makes an awesome morning shake - fills two large 24oz shaker bottles and really fills me up. Under 500 Cals and lasts through AM workout - keeps me going to morning snack!

This recipe works with Chocolate Shakeology Too
    You can Sub the Whey for Keifer too which is a great thickener but adds 140 calories to the shake vs 120 from the whey...
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am glad that I found this. I am thinking of ordering shakeology. What are some benefits that you have noticed since you started drinking it?????
  • lashwish
    lashwish Posts: 93
    Options
    I honestly love my Chocolate Shakeology.
    I wanted a meal replacement to help lose weight but also wanted something that was good for me.
    I'm super sensitive to herbs so Ive bought a few 'green drinks' in the past & had to stop taking them as I would get sick, as in sore throat/cold.
    I keep losing weight, I love the taste, it fills me up like a regular meal, I have more energy & its def helped my horrid immune system!
  • twilightobession
    Options
    I ordered a challenge pack. I order the combo pack of chocolate and greenberry shakeology. The chocolate is very strong but I can drink it. The greenberry is hard to drink for me. It has a strong banana or chalky taste to me. I am trying everything to help get the greenberry drank. So far I am drinking it with oj and water. I have 8 packets left of the greenberry. I will get through this. I will be ordering just the chocolate from now own.
  • jaimelb94
    jaimelb94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just got my first order of the Shakeology, I did half chocolate and half greenberry. I tried the greenberry last night, I added a cup of frozen stawberries and it was difficult to drink. Not sure if it was the added strawberries or just the mix. Any suggestions on how to get through the remaining packets??
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    With the greenberry you may want to try a juice OJ, Pom, Cranberry - mangoes are good, berries. It is a tough one, but you just need to work with it - try some of the recipes the box gets sent with. Good luck!!!
  • twilightobession
    Options
    I just got my first order of the Shakeology, I did half chocolate and half greenberry. I tried the greenberry last night, I added a cup of frozen stawberries and it was difficult to drink. Not sure if it was the added strawberries or just the mix. Any suggestions on how to get through the remaining packets??

Jaimelb94, I was just like you. See my post above. I finally found a way to drink the greenberry. In my above post I stated that I would be ordering only chocolate from now own. NO!!!!!! I will continue to order the chocolate/greenberry combo. It took me around 4 tries before I found one that I liked. Now I like the greenberry better than the chocolate. I put orange juice, FUZE strawberry melon slenderize drink (1/2), and a cup of mixed frozen fruit (strawberries, peaches, mango and pineapple). Just keep on trying until you find a combo that you like. Oh, I also added a little pineapple juice too. Good luck!!!!!!!!!
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    I like just a scoop and a half of Chocolate Shakeology with a cup of skim milk and a few ice cubes blended together. Sometimes I will add fruit such as strawberries :)
  • twilightobession
    Options
    What can I do to make it not so chocolately???? It is really strong chocolate to me.