When is the best time to excerise?

There are no two people who are in possession of the same exact schedule of activities and responsibilities. Therefore there are no two people who are in possession of the same workout/excerise time. My question to you is as follows:

Considering your busy schedule, and all of your responsiblities, when do you find it most convient to be physical active for no less than sixty mnutes? When is the best time for you to excerise? And, why?

I split my hour of excerise/ physical workout between the morning and afternoon.

However, I prefer to excerise first thing in the morning for two reasons. The first is that I want to "wake" my body up, stretch out all of my muscles from an 8 to 12 hour period of no activity, and to get the blood circulating. The second is that I want to get my excerise routine done and over with as soon (and as quickly) as possible. Because, who among us does not look at excerise as chore?

I excerise in the afternoon to allow myself to relax and/or work off the tension and stress of my day. This prevents my mind from being too active during bed time. I am able to crawl into my nice, warm bed and instantly fall asleep. My mind is not preoccupied with the the stresses of work, or the problems in my personal life. I can simply sleep without worry.

Replies

• kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 158 Member
    For me, the best time to exercise is definitely first thing in the morning. I'm a shift worker and often don't come home from work until after 9 PM. After such a long day, I rarely have the motivation to do anything, let alone exercise. :-)