Integration or FitBit and MFP

Options
Looks loke FitBit are working through their APPs, last time I checked there were a few "Coming Soon", now there are only two and MFP is one of them.

Fingers crossed soon will actually get here one day.

Replies

• wifewith2boys
    Options
    I am looking forward to it!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    it does work! i added mine today! ( or actualy my daughter did it for me)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    it does work! i added mine today! ( or actualy my daughter did it for me)

here is the link its easy myfitnesspal.com/fitbit
  • linnettbenson
    linnettbenson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have been waiting for the integration for weeks. Now it is here and I can't wait to get home and sink my fitbit. I am so excited.
  • CrystalBailey04
    Options
    Synced this morning...food diary has transferred over to fitbit but activity hasn't transferred from fitbit to MFP...any suggestions from anyone?
    Thanks!
  • everydaypam
    everydaypam Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have been watching for that app for quite a while and still missed the release of it. I have given the permission to share data so we'll see how this works out.
  • wifewith2boys
    Options
    I missed the release of it too! Will have to check it out and see what happens.
  • wifewith2boys
    Options
    My activity level transferred to mfp but my food did not go to fitbit? Does anyone know if it is supposed to?
  • CrystalBailey04
    Options
    My activity & food are now transferring over to fitbit...but I don't understand how the calories burned are being calculated by MFP. On fitbit it may show I burned over 2000 calories but MFP has an adjustment coming from fitbit for 300 something... Anyone know how this works? Also hope in a later update each "logged" activity on the actual fitbit comes through to MFP as a cardio workout... I have set goals for each week to do so many minutes of cardio and it dosn't go to that with the transfer of data as of right now.
  • wifewith2boys
    Options
    I have been wondering that too. I thought maybe once you go over what you burn normally just being alive anything extra is counted as exercise. Not sure if that is accurate or not though. Just a thought.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My activity & food are now transferring over to fitbit...but I don't understand how the calories burned are being calculated by MFP. On fitbit it may show I burned over 2000 calories but MFP has an adjustment coming from fitbit for 300 something... Anyone know how this works? Also hope in a later update each "logged" activity on the actual fitbit comes through to MFP as a cardio workout... I have set goals for each week to do so many minutes of cardio and it dosn't go to that with the transfer of data as of right now.
    I think I figured this out but tell me if you think differently. Since the fitbit monitors your calorie burn for 24 hours and MFP only knows what you tell it you want to eat/burn, Fitbit then tells MFP calories you have burned over and above your BMR throughout the day, that's why it keeps changing your calories on MFP. I decided I want to eat 1650-1800 calories a day depending on if I weightlift. I set my menu in the morning and then I know what my calories consumed are and everything over that is a bonus burn. I don't know if this makes sense or not but that's kind of what I figured out.

Example. You said that Fitbit says you burn 2000 calories and MFP says you have an adjustment coming from fit for 300+. I think it means that you have burned 300+ calories to that point of the day over and above your BMR rate. I am not sure how accurate it is though.