The main MFP ED support group...

Options
littlemili
littlemili Posts: 625 Member
Can be found here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/110-eating-disorder-support

It is pro-recovery and any pro-ED topics or discussion are immediately removed. This group is just a duplicate, it would be more useful to keep all the discussion in one place.

Replies

• Poppy2791
    Poppy2791 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link. I think I will keep this group around, though. If there is continued interest, I will keep it around. I don't see how more than one ED support group could possibly be a bad thing.

Thank you again for your input.

-Poppy
  • freckledbean
    Options
    I know the original ED support group is meant to be recovery-based, but since joining it I have gotten a lot of requests from young women who are NOT in the recovery mindset, i.e. have daily intakes under 400, are over-exercising, striving to get to unhealthy weights, and saying self-defeating things on their status updates after eating. I understand we are to support each other but this type of stuff is triggering. Everyone wants to recover in theory, but I want a group and MFP friends who are ACTUALLY in recovery. It's hard enough upping calories and gaining weight without watching others lose.
  • Poppy2791
    Poppy2791 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I wanted to start this group. I want nothing negative!! This is supposed to be totally positive and supportive. There is no problem with more than one ED support group :)

-Poppy