Running Chat Week Of Dec. 5th

Options
2»

Replies

• mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    That didnt work very well - the first number is placing, second from last time is the chip time.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Ran Bedford Half today: PB, 1h40m06s (official time, 2 seconds slower on my Garmin).

That's 5 minutes faster than Peterborough a couple of months ago - and that course was flat!!! Bedford has long undulating hills which suit my 'power up and recover downhill' style well. Very happy. And tired.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/133937389

Congrats on the PB!

I did another 5 mile run this morning and it felt good but now I can't walk. I did P90X legs yesterday and there were 4 huge hills on the run today, so my legs are SHOT! I am happy that with my calorie burn from the run this morning, I had enough calories for pasta for lunch AND dinner today....HEAVEN!
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Awesome runs this week guys!

Today I set out to run 4 miles, temp was in the 40s, so I usually start out on the slower side trying to get warmed up, so boy was I surprised when I had a 9:51 time for my first mile! I felt pretty good and was warmed up by this point so I kept it up... mile 2 was 9:45!! It was about the 2.5 mile mark where I started to feel it, got a bit nauseated, thought about slowing down, or stopping short of my intended 4 miles. Then I remembered a quote I posted on my very own wall just a few days ago:

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." -George Sheehan

So I fought against the little voice and pushed harder... finished 4 miles with an average pace of 9:57! Never have I held that pace for that long, on a road run!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Awesome runs this week guys!

Today I set out to run 4 miles, temp was in the 40s, so I usually start out on the slower side trying to get warmed up, so boy was I surprised when I had a 9:51 time for my first mile! I felt pretty good and was warmed up by this point so I kept it up... mile 2 was 9:45!! It was about the 2.5 mile mark where I started to feel it, got a bit nauseated, thought about slowing down, or stopping short of my intended 4 miles. Then I remembered a quote I posted on my very own wall just a few days ago:

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." -George Sheehan

So I fought against the little voice and pushed harder... finished 4 miles with an average pace of 9:57! Never have I held that pace for that long, on a road run!

Fantastic job. Every time we push ourselves we get that little bit more confident and that little bit stronger... The distance and the pace both build up quickly over time with that kind of effort!