Week 1 - Killer Buns and Thighs - How is it going?

Options
2»

Replies

• lindzmt22
    Options
    Man, this is definitely one of the hardest workouts I've ever done. So glad that I completed 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 before doing this and 6 week 6 pack!!
  • lindzmt22
    Options
    Completed day 2 of it this morning. I am having trouble with the side plank, leg lift. I like the workout and will do it every other day. I just have to decide what I am going to do on alternate days.

You should alternate with 6 week 6 pack. :) That's what I'm doing. Great challenge!!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    wow, more side plank leg lifts. well, i just finished doing those with 6 week 6 pack level 2 so i should have known i was in for it again! Sunday can't come fast enough.
  • keggen
    keggen Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - a little bit easier now. Although, I need to find an alternative to the plank-to-squat. For some reason this aggravates my already aggravated back.
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this workout for the past couple of weeks. I have seen a huge difference already. I did the 30DS in October and started this one in November. I am still on level 1. I burn at least 300 calories each time and sweat like crazy! I just love the feeling of sore glutes and ham strings...makes me know that I have done it right :) I will give everyone one tiny piece of advice...there is one particular move in the first circuit where she does a lunge movement going from one side and then to the other with a twist. I dislocated my knee a couple of years ago doing lunges. Please be careful doing this particular movement. It puts a strange twist on the knee and can lead to injury if not done 100% correctly.
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, so I got mowed down with a killer bug for the last 2 days. Did my first day of 6 Week 6 Pack on Tuesday, but haven't been able to move since, but I'm feeling much better now, so will do my first day of Killer Buns tomorrow. I'm really excited! Am going to alternate these workouts every other day with 1 days rest.

Woohoo! Can't wait!

:bigsmile:

2955970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    First day was a killer for me, but today was 3rd day and it's getting better :) how are you guys doing?
  • Sambo004
    Options
    Going to keep up with 6 week 6 pack until Monday and that will be my first day.
  • natalietowens
    Options
    I am on my fourt day of it, I started with workout one and moved to the second one on Fri. I wasn't able to do it again until yesterday because my thighs were killing me. I am going to do it again tonight and take a break tomorrow. On off days I am back to doing Ripped in 30.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I have been enjoying it a lot! Day 2 was yesterday, day 3 tonight. i am going to try to do it every day and skip saturdays. that is how i got good results on her other ones. sure i am sore, but i know i can get through it. the side plank thing is hard. i actually dislike the chair pose/leg lift thing the most! very hard on the legs!
  • Sambo004
    Options
    FINALLY have this workout loaded up and ready for me to do tomorrow (we don't have a dvd player, but a media centre and my husband has to load the dvd's onto the system). Have been doing 6W6P in the interim and really enjoying it. From tomorrow, I will be doing alternate days of each. Friday will be rest day because it is hubby's birthday. Loving hearing what everyone has to think and am ready to get a 6 pack and killer buns & thighs :bigsmile: Is it ok on the arms? They don't get left out too much do they? I would assume with all the plank work from 6W6P, I should be ok.

2955970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    not sure what day i'm on, maybe 3 or 4 but it's going great :) since starting this I'm down a lbs so far since i started :) and i can see my leg muscles getting stronger :)

from my 6 week 6 pack i see my stomach getting a little more toned, though i know that i will not have a 6 pack in 6 weeks, just looking to reduce my belly fat :( lol. which it's doing :)
  • Sambo004
    Options
    not sure what day i'm on, maybe 3 or 4 but it's going great :) since starting this I'm down a lbs so far since i started :) and i can see my leg muscles getting stronger :)

from my 6 week 6 pack i see my stomach getting a little more toned, though i know that i will not have a 6 pack in 6 weeks, just looking to reduce my belly fat :( lol. which it's doing :)

Are you alternating 1 each day, or doing both every day?
  • Sambo004
    Options
    I did Day 1 today and thought it was a really nice workout. I know I always get lulled by her Level 1, thinking "Oh, this isn't so bad", and then Level 2 comes along and I want to die. lol. Anyway, I've done 7 days of 6W6P, and today was Day 1 of Killer Buns. I like them both thankfully :bigsmile: Looking forward to doing it again!

2955970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • iceandfire212
    iceandfire212 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Day 5 today! Have good pain in the thighs--loving this!