change mentality to gain weight

Options
All my life I have been overweight. Some years by alot and some years by only a few pounds. Being pregnant has been to incentive I was always lacking for healthy eating. I am probably eating more nutritiously than I ever have in my life and have virtually eliminated all processed food and other junk.

But I am now struggling to gain weight. Healthy food just doesn't have that many calories, especially compared to my previous diet. II never thought that would be a problem. It's strange.

Replies

• gisele246
    gisele246 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should be concerned. As long as you are eating healthy and a good amount of calories, you're fine. Make sure you're taking your multivitamin too.
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i thought the same thing. I was (slightly) concerned that I wasn't eating enough in the beginning and that the easiest way to add calories was to add "unhealthy" higher calorie treats. but now I have NOOOO problem eating plenty of calories!! lol. My portion sizes have increase (a whole banana in my cereal instead of 1/2 for example) and I tend to eat more for my "snacks" than before as well. It was quite a transition to start gaining after 2 years of losing though!! Good luck

Shelley ~ 23 weeks
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I like to add in a Sargento sharp cheddar cheese stick, hummus w/ veggies, yogurt, fruit, nuts... etc... as healthy snacks for in between meals. I also have been eating more whole wheat pasta's for dinners with turkey sausage because it packs on the extra calories without eating complete junk. Also, I will make a protein shake every once in awhile. Two scoops of whey protein, banana, frozen fruit and a little bit of skim milk. Super yummy.

I haven't really changed my healthy choices... I have just uped the intake of the healthy things that I was already eating. As long as you are gaining a normal amount of weight and your doc is good with everything... then don't worry about it!