Waiting on my first GF pizza to cook..

Options
ShrinkinMel
ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
I used the Bob's Mill GF pizza crust packet. Hopefully it works out and I like the crust. I wasn't sure I'd want to mess with mixing all the flowers and all that right now. This was much easier though we are eating late as I just got home from store 40 minutes ago. Its nice you can mix the dough up a few days ahead and store in fridge. I may just do that next time.

Replies

• karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I have some of that in my pantry. Tell me how it is. I use Udi's but it is rather crackery. I want a more pizzaria style. Please tell me how it is.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It was good. I could kinda taste the yeasty flavor. I don't think I flattened it enough its quite sticky compared to glutened dough. It wasn't cracker"y" at all. Kind of chewy. I think next time I'll let it rise longer. And maybe give the yeast more time to sit. It said warm water for a few minutes on the package that is vague to me. lol

Overall it was good and I'd use it again.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have made it twice. Same batch, split in half. Put 1/2 away. The second day's batch came out better. "Less yesty".
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    a pizza stone does wonders, split in in half so it's a thinner crust and put it on a pizza stone with a little cornmeal under it so it doesnt stick and i swear youll never miss the crusty yummy gluten-filled pizza you used to have. my bf is a pizza chef and it wasnt until meeting him and him insisting on making it for me on a pizza stone that i got away from that fluffy yeast-y bread-like crust and finally got a real pizza crust on it! :D
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips - I just picked up a pack of this today to make pizza for my daughtet with Daiya cheese. Hopefully the " cheese "is okay too,.
  • RmIIImc70
    RmIIImc70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your pizza! I love the UDI's or French Meadow frozen crusts cooked on a pizza stone or a cookie cooling rack. Either way, pizza is very important to figure out.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    We have used Bob's pizza mix and it's pretty good. If you like a thicker crust that's a little more bread-like, the Gluten-free pantry's French Bread and Pizza mix is another of our favorites.
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Another great thing to try is a cauliflower crust.

1 cup raw grated cauliflower
    1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg sub.)
    1/2 cup Parmesan
    1/4 cup shredded mozzerella
    Garlic salt and Italian seasonings, to taste

Preheat to 350. Grate the Cauliflower-- it should look like grains of rice. Mix together with the other ingredients listed. Bake at 350 for approx. 30 minutes. Pull out and top with toppings, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
    YUM!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I Friday and it was good! I have the other half left still - I guess I will make that tomorrow. My daughter is GF/Dairy free and she liked it with the Daiya cheese and just sauce. DH and I had real cheese and some veggies on ours. Good stuff!
  • Cheryl_Catrair
    Cheryl_Catrair Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rudi's gf frozen pizza crusts!!!
  • frostysmama
    frostysmama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Chebe brand mix, as my store was out of Udi's. It was DELICIOUS!!!!!
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    Another great thing to try is a cauliflower crust.

1 cup raw grated cauliflower
    1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg sub.)
    1/2 cup Parmesan
    1/4 cup shredded mozzerella
    Garlic salt and Italian seasonings, to taste

Preheat to 350. Grate the Cauliflower-- it should look like grains of rice. Mix together with the other ingredients listed. Bake at 350 for approx. 30 minutes. Pull out and top with toppings, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
    YUM!

I've used zucchini in a really similar crust recipe in the past but it always came out mushy because the water content in the zucchini is so high. I tried your cauliflower crust for dinner tonight and it was awesome. Not quite as solid as normal dough, but every bit as delicious, if not more so. I will definitely make this again.

My roommates each tried a slice and when I told them what the crust was they were floored.
  • marigold8g
    marigold8g Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ooh thanks for the tips-bought the gf pizza dough mix but hadnt tried it yet-good to know I should break out my pizza stone (that I have yet to use!)

I had just heard about the cauliflower crust too -think ill try that tonight!
  • RmIIImc70
    RmIIImc70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love Udi's or French Meadow frozen pizza crust. I can't wait to try cauliflower pizza though. Sounds soooo good.
  • jofeenstra
    jofeenstra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this! Sounds great!