Welcome: Please Read

Options
RonneyKay
RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
Hello and welcome to the group!

My name is Ronney and I noticed that there wasn't a group for us, so I decided to start one where we can discuss what we are doing, new techniques, nifty products, trading supplies, etc...

Also, please no blatant advertising (including but not limited to Creative Memories, Stampin Up!, CTMH and others)

Random acts of kindness would be nice, and so would swaps.

I hope we can make this a great place to lose weight and scrapbook along the way!

Thanks for stopping by,
Ronney

Replies

• BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    yay this is awesome.. I love scrapbooking and anything to do with it..... YOU ROCK
  • katcoleesp
    katcoleesp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hot Darn Ronney, this is so awesome. I love scrapbooking and want to lose more weight, thank you so very much for making a place for us scrapbookers....Totally Awesome!!!!!
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys:) Glad you could join me. Feel free to pass it along.

What do you all think of swaps? and Raks? Good Idea? bad idea?
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a group the other day and didn't see one either, thanks for starting it! As you can tell by my name.......its an addiction! lol

I"m up for anything, swaps (real or digital) rak etc
  • IvaRai
    IvaRai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow! I looked for a group yesterday but couldn't find any! What great thinking you have! I'm a huge scrapbook addict that needs to lose 70lbs.
  • REBEE17
    REBEE17 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    I just recently got back into crafting in general. I was a scrap booker for a while, but I'm trying my hand at some other projects as well.
  • katcoleesp
    katcoleesp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ok girls, I am so far behind on the What's new.. in scrapbooking...what is swaps and rak??
  • IvaRai
    IvaRai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    swap... basically explains itself. your exchanging something
    rak ... random act of kindness ... some one gives you something with not wanting anything in return :)
  • kimiebee
    kimiebee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAY I just found this group. I am absolutely addicted to anything to do with scrapbooking and have been a member of MFP since the beginning of the year. I have been debating about scrapping my own weight loss journal. I love to make mini albums and alter stuff..... Would love to hear from any of you who would love chat scrap stuff. I rarely do 12 x12 albums now but have done one whole album of various different layouts. Spend more time scrapping mini's. I guess I am sounding like I am raving now.....just so excited to find this group here!!!
  • yogamama30
    yogamama30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sooo glad to have found this group too! I'm obsessed with scrapbooking (to put it mildly!!) I just quit my job working at my Local Scapbooking store because I had no self control!! lol I need to lose about 90lbs! yikes! But I am using scrapbooking as a way to help me because I am a hardcore night eater...so instead, I scrap! I have 3 boys. My oldest is 6, middle is 3 and youngest will be 2 in May. They give me soooo much inspiration both in my weight loss and scrapbooking! Add me as a friend if you like, I can use all the accountability and inspiration I can get!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Hello! Was just curious if there was a scrapping group on here and was pleased to see there is! I'm Stacy and I have been scrapping since 2001 and recently starting digital scrapbooking (though I am still a paper gal at heart). I love scrapping but just can't seem to find the time lately unless I'm at at crop or retreat.

One of the previous posters mentioned doing an album of their weight loss journey... I did this and I'm so glad I did! I had over a 100 pounds to lose so I did a mini album and included a pic for each month (or tried do, missed some months when I regained weight!) with my stats at the end of the month. It was a great motivator for those times when I was discouraged and needed a visiual of how far I had come. I now use the album when I speak at Weight Watchers Open Houses. :happy:
  • BeccaJB
    BeccaJB Posts: 7
    Options
    I just started scrapping bout 2 months ago. My sister got me starting. I love to scrapbook. Hope to get to know everyone.
  • BeccaJB
    Options
    Hello,

I love to scrapbook. Hoope to get to know each of you.
  • BeccaJB
    Options
    I want to start making card also. I'm having a little problem with it. Any suggestions on how to get started.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I want to start making card also. I'm having a little problem with it. Any suggestions on how to get started.

I had no idea how to start on making cards, so I took a couple of classes offered at my local scrapbook store. I also got the book "Originals: Handcrafted Cards Made Easy" by Jeanette Lynton.

I also save the handcrafted cards that are given to me and will "copy" them. It's really not too hard to get started. Just a bit overwhelming in the beginning.

Good luck!
  • yogamama30
    yogamama30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I have found sketches to be extremely helpful in card making and scrapbooking. I never used to use sketches, but I loooove them now!

I have a scrapbooking blog if anyone would like to check it out...there's cards and altered goodies on there too at times :)

http://scrapsbysarah.blogspot.com
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    Awesome thanks for making this group. I love to do digital scrapbooking.

I'm always looking for new creative ideas to scrap and new buddies.
  • lcdreams
    lcdreams Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Love scrapbooking and have grandson to scrap