N00by Question about the Xbox 4GB and Arcade Hard Drive

Options
catshark209
catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
I just bought my son a new Xbox 4Gb cuz our Arcade is seriously overworked, anyway, we have a 60GB hard drive in it and I was wondering if it could be adapted for the 4 GB or should I just buy a proper hard drive for it?
We are both heavy gamers.

Replies

• secretsof2113
    Options
    The 4gb slims take a different hard drive than the older systems do. If you guys are heavy gamers, you're going to want to buy the 250 or 320 gb hard drive for the system.
  • catshark209
    Options
    Yeah I figured I'd have to...
    I just stumbled upon a video on YouTube regarding how to adapt the old drive.
  • david581c
    Options
    Not sure what model you got but my a while ago before i upgraded to the 250gb i was just using a usb wire and my external HD, seem to work the , though not sure if its viable these days.
  • catshark209
    Options
    Not sure what model you got but my a while ago before i upgraded to the 250gb i was just using a usb wire and my external HD, seem to work the , though not sure if its viable these days.

I just bought the Xbox 360 4GB Console. He's doing ok with a 60gb hard drive but I hear they're gonna do a major update and I always figure to be safe with more memory. I'd of bought the 250 but my damn budget...
  • Liquid741
    Options
    buy the HD on Ebay....and just put it in the xbox. it will save you a lot of money and it works like a charm...i know when playing you will have the option of which HD to choose from.

this is the cheaper way and frankly the cash-savvy way imo.
  • david581c
    Options
    def was a substantial update...changed the game.

hope it works out.

wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle.
  • catshark209
    Options
    buy the HD on Ebay....and just put it in the xbox. it will save you a lot of money and it works like a charm...i know when playing you will have the option of which HD to choose from.

Thanks, I'll take a look:smile:
  • catshark209
    Options

Thanks, I'll take a look:smile: