What Beachbody workout are you doing?

Options
jobrandes
jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
I have done P90X, Insanity, TurboFire and 10 Minute Trainer, what are you doing? What are your goals? Tell us a little about yourself.

I used to weigh about 220lbs and now weigh about 130lbs. At my lowest I got to 118lbs but now I'm happy at this weight. I found that I needed no fancy diets or shots to lose the weight, it was all about exercising and eating well. Now I found myself enjoying life motivating and supporting others doing the same.

Replies

• Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    did power 90 and P90X, currently doing Asylum while waiting for P90X2
  • jobrandes
    Options
    Right on! I think my P90X2 order is in the mail as we speak. Did you get any notification of yours being shipped or you being charged for it, I was. I'm super excited about it.
  • Alderaic
    Options
    no I only got the notification that I would get it a week or two before X-mas, no tracking yet
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hola BB family! I'm Nicole. I did 3 rounds of P90X Lean/Lean+, .83 rounds of Insanity, and I'm waiting for TurboJam to come this week. On 11/22/11 I was introduced to a nifty HRM, the Polar FT60. Um, loving it!

Here's a before/during pic of me. Aiming to reach my goal (140's) by my birthday in T minus 14 weeks.

halfway.jpg

TTYL
  • jobrandes
    Options
    Nicole! Wow, you look absolutely amazing. GREAT JOB! You should be so proud of yourself. You will love TurboJam, I have TurboFire and it is so much fun. Chalene is really awesome, she is such a good motivator and such a fun person.

Your results are so awesome. Congrats again.

Jo
  • nikkishai
    Options
    Thanks Jo! You look amazing yourself!!! Yowza! I mean... I'm speechless!!!! About to read your story now... LOL.

I was inspired to get TurboJam after taking the TurboKick class at the gym. My HR shot up to the 170's and my HRM yelled at me (supposed to keep HR btwn 115-154 right now for max fat burn). Did some googling and blog reading and found that TurboJam was a little less intense than TurboKick. TurboFire is actually harder than TurboKick, so I'll get that in due time. Glad you started this group!!!
  • marshy221
    Options
    I am currently doing P90X, it's a challenge especially with a busy work schedule and becoming motivated. I have to say I love the ab workouts and the plyometrics. They really work you. How does everyone feel about Insanity, I'm very tempted to try it considering its all you, no weights, no restraints!
  • Mickeylover2000
    Options
    I am doing the Turbo Fire workout, it is not as easy as it looks, I am not giving up, I did turbo jam, loved it, and this is the next step up. Turbo Fire here I come, sticking with it till the end.
  • jobrandes
    Options
    Thanks Nicole! I appreciate it. It's a long road but well worth it as you know.

Marshy, Insanity is awesome. It is really tough, not gonna lie, but the workout will yield results if you do them and eat well, follow the plan. They are hard. You will swear at Shaun T and yell and scream at the TV but you will love it. It is well worth it. It is all cardio, lots of it, and lots of push ups. I can send you some videos if you want. Let me know.

Keep it up all.

Jo
  • nikkishai
    Options
    I am currently doing P90X, it's a challenge especially with a busy work schedule and becoming motivated. I have to say I love the ab workouts and the plyometrics. They really work you. How does everyone feel about Insanity, I'm very tempted to try it considering its all you, no weights, no restraints!

Hi there. Once I went Insanity, I can't go back to P90X (cardio). I love Insanity! The Insanity warmup compared to P90X is just laughable IMO. Insanity really gets you moving, but, sometimes it's a little repetitive. I don't do all the workouts anymore, I only like 3 or 4 of them, and I work them into my routine about twice a week.
  • Alderaic
    Options
    Doing asylum right now, and even though I love it, I dont laugh at P90X for the simple reason than P90X is much more sound when it comes to the training science.

For example, insanity has way too much plyo movements, warmups are way too long and are actually part of the workout, not warm ups etc...

Love the feeling and the results, but I love the fact that asylum is a 30 day program, you should not do insanity all year long, as that would tax your body a lot.

Insanity is more about taking a quick shortcut to the results, and it is extremely efficient.
    What many people end up doing on the long run, is an hybrid of P90X and insanity to bring some intensity on cardio days to replace lets says kenpo X
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have been doing insanity with a mix of spinning and weight workout dvd's (bob harper's workouts for example) fora year now. I did asylum from oct 24 thru nov 24 and I loved it! I now put an asylum workout in my roatation of dvd's thru out the week. I love insanity and am completely addicted!! I love asylum too. The cardio has really helped me get to my ultimate goals!
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Currentley on my fourth round of P90X...hybrid, P90X durning the week and I ride / run on the weekend :happy:
  • JRoselee
    JRoselee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started Power 90. Completed the prep week and now I have 88 days to go. Just keep pushing play. It is not as easy as I thought it would be, I watched the workout when it first arrived.
    3168893.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jobrandes
    Options
    How are you all doing? I'm hitting another round of P90X, started last week. Done Insanity, TurboFire, Hip Hop Abs, 10 Min Trainer, have P90X2, Rockin' Body and I'm sure some others, who knows? The collection keeps growing.

Keep up the good work everyone. It's time for a nice new lifestyle change.

Any of you on Facebook?

Jo
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I just started Slim in 6 last Wednesday. Starting week 2 today. I'm anxious to see some results, but so far not much. (Yeah, I know, give it more than 4 days, right?) I'm going to try the 6 Day Express starting today and see if that helps.
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am currently in Recovery Week of Insanity. Month 1 was very tough
    and never was easy. I am hoping to get throught Month 2...very scared though!
    Month 1..I only lost 2 lbs..hoping to improve that this coming month. As hard
    and insane as it is...I really love it! May not be saying that next week..lol!
  • abosq
    abosq Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just completed recovery week of Insanity for the third time- and this month 2 I'm planning on doing it without interruption; yes its tough but it feels so good. after its completed- the weight lost is very slow to show up but you can feel it in your clothes. Don't give up and keep digging deeper.
  • Eetrinidad
    Eetrinidad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to MFP and would love some friends to keep me moitvated and help keep me accountable. I am doing Focus T25 Alpha (Modified aka Tania's moves) week 4 day 3. I am also adding Slim in 6's Slim in 6 Pack and Ten Minute Trainer's Cario/Total Body on a daily basis as well as doing 30 minutes on the elliptical. I am excited to finally be working out again and bust my but to get SoCal sexy. Feel free to friend me. :smile: