General Discussion

Options
jobrandes
jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
Let's just chat about our workouts, what we did today, what we didn't (uh oh), and anything else you have on your mind. Post it here!

Replies

• FattyfatsoK8
    Options
    Hi there! I started doing insanity, I'd love to know exactly how many calories I'm burning during each workout!
  • jobrandes
    Options
    Do you use a heart rate monitor, that would be the best way to know? It really depends on the person and the workout you are doing.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I've been considering trying one of these and I'm not sure which would be the best to start with? I really am not interested in buying any more equipment so that is also a deciding factor.
    Can you tell me your thoughts?
    Thanks
    PS Your pics are inspiration alone!
  • jobrandes
    Options
    Hi!
    I've been considering trying one of these and I'm not sure which would be the best to start with? I really am not interested in buying any more equipment so that is also a deciding factor.
    Can you tell me your thoughts?
    Thanks
    PS Your pics are inspiration alone!

Thank you so much, I appreciate it. I can absolutely help you though I have so many questions to ask you regarding your goals, fitness level etc. I sent you a message with my email address, jobrandes@overactivelife.com, as I'd rather chat via email so we can go over your personal goals so we can get you in the right direction. Pop me an email and we'll go over it and get you heading in the right direction.

Thanks again,
    Jo
  • FattyfatsoK8
    Options
    Yea, I've seen the formula that incorporates heart rate, height, weight, etc...it's interesting because some blogs say you can burn up to 800 calories per workout, but if i add cardiovascular exercise into myfitnesspal, it accounts for only 250-300, such a discrepancy! I suppose error on the low side, and stick to eating within your limit, although if my body needs more protein or additional calories for maximum benefit, I would want to know that too. Such a tricky science!
  • jobrandes
    Options
    Yea, I've seen the formula that incorporates heart rate, height, weight, etc...it's interesting because some blogs say you can burn up to 800 calories per workout, but if i add cardiovascular exercise into myfitnesspal, it accounts for only 250-300, such a discrepancy! I suppose error on the low side, and stick to eating within your limit, although if my body needs more protein or additional calories for maximum benefit, I would want to know that too. Such a tricky science!

I have a spreadsheet I can email you where you plug in your weight, height, age, sex etc specifically for Insanity and it will tell you exactly how much you should be eating per meal per day with the nutrition plan for the program. Let me know, you got my email. :)