What is your eating plan?

Queen_JessieA
Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
Just curious on what y'all are doing for your eating? Do you follow a plan? Just count cals?

Replies

• jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 391 Member
    I'm interested to...I've just been doing counting calories but have been wondering about other things!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    I count calories, then work out to burn off the excess. Problem is, I'm finding that all calories are not equal when it comes to giving me enough good energy to use for burning off the excess. So I'm experimenting to find out what works. So far, I know hamburger and milk are great exercise food. Not really sure yet about everything else. Eggs and milk with no meat that day doesn't seem to set me up well the next day, though. And pasta makes me gain phantom weight. I found that one out last week. But it seems to fuel a workout okay, so that's still on my 'do eat' list, at least once in awhile.
  • This is interesting. I would like to hear other ideas too!
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Alright this is what I do!

I eat a clean diet however I am eating chocolate alot lately....pms cravings

Breakfast - Quaker old fashioned oatmeal w/ either raisen or dried cranberries
    AM Snack - Banana
    Lunch - either Salmon, Tilapia or Rainbow Trout w/ baked sweet potatoes
    PM Snack (Post Workout) - Isoflex Protein shake
    PM Snack - Yogurt
    Dinner - salad and some sort of lean meat. I do not eat pork.
    Evening snack..... depends on my mood. LOL!

My personal trainer said that in order to loose weight that you have to increase your fibre and protein and decrease your sodium. I rarely if ever eat my exercise calories.
  • I was on here earlier this year but quit because I was eating all my calories and gaining. I am trying not to eat any of my extra calories I get from exercising. If I eat a few that is ok but I never eat all of them.
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 177 Member
    I don't eat exercise calories either. I'm trying to stay away from processed foods as much as possible...trying to limit bread/pasta/sugar but without depriving myself...everything in moderation. Seems to be working for me so far...but the first time I really see a true plateau, my plan is to lower my carb intake first!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    I eat six small meals a day. Nothing white: no white bread, sugar, potatoes, rice, etc. I eat 75-100 grams of protein and carbs a day. I keep my sugar to 30 grams or less and my fat at 40 grams or less. I watch my sodium intake. I drink 12-14 cups of water a day. I do not eat my exercise calories.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Thanks for the input, guys!!