INSANITY Discussion

Options
jobrandes
jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
Insanity or Insanity: The Asylum chat here!

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of Insanity...I'm already a little concerned about Recovery Week in the sense of getting in my calorie burn..can anyone give me a heads up on what those workouts (I think it's core/balance?) are like?
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh you will burn calories for sure. Recovery sounds easy but with Insanity it is not so easy. It is still hard and still a workout. You don't have to worry about it. Worst case you can go for a jog or something to add on some extra cardio. I don't think you will have to worry about it. Remember that they made the workout this way for a reason. Month 2 is a killer, the workout times double and they are very hard so you need this "recovery". If you have any questions just let me know.

Jo
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Oh you will burn calories for sure. Recovery sounds easy but with Insanity it is not so easy. It is still hard and still a workout. You don't have to worry about it. Worst case you can go for a jog or something to add on some extra cardio. I don't think you will have to worry about it. Remember that they made the workout this way for a reason. Month 2 is a killer, the workout times double and they are very hard so you need this "recovery". If you have any questions just let me know.

Jo

Thanks Jo! I accidentally did (aka TRIED) Max Cardio instead of Pure Cardio yesterday morning so I know whereof you speak..eeeep!
  • MrMVP2011
    Options
    I've done Insanity and P90x... now combined the both for a hybrid. I love that I'm actually lifting weights this time. I'm on day 11 of the hybrid. The downfall was that not lifting for those 63 days made me real sore the first week of lifting again. Insanity is truly a calorie burner.
  • atxgr8life
    atxgr8life Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Insanity. This is my second go-round as the first time I didn't make it all the way through. I hope this group can help me to complete the 60 days and that I can help others!
    Cheers,
    Dana
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and Enjoy