P90X2 Discussion

Options
jobrandes
jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
The latest and greatest, P90X2...let's talk here.

Replies

• lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    How much cardio is in it? Is it like the old P90 where there isn't a lot of cardio? I am a huge Insanity fan and just finished 30 days of Asylum. But still love Insanity the best!!
  • jobrandes
    Options
    P90X2 is a graduate program for P90X, have you done P90X. I have not received P90X2 in the mail yet, it should be delivered on Friday so I can let you know soon.

Go to my website and you can check out the details: http://overactivelife.com/fitness-programs/p90x2/

Jo
  • Thasenohrl
    Options
    I purchased P90X2 without every doing P90X and I LOVE it!

It was free shipping to get P90X2 so that is why i got the 2 before buying the first one....LOL I am cheap what can I say LOL:smile:
  • toddtatum
    toddtatum Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing P90X-2 now? If so, would you like to be friends on this site to keep up with each others' progress? if so, send me friend request with a note letting me know that you want to be a P90-X2 friend.

Todd
  • rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    Anyone doing P90X-2 now? If so, would you like to be friends on this site to keep up with each others' progress? if so, send me friend request with a note letting me know that you want to be a P90-X2 friend.

Todd

Im in it with X2 - Happy to buddy up with any and all doing X2 or P90X (or anything called exercise!)
  • StoryGirl9
    Options
    How much cardio is in it? Is it like the old P90 where there isn't a lot of cardio? I am a huge Insanity fan and just finished 30 days of Asylum. But still love Insanity the best!!

I have done both P90X and Insanity. There isn't cardio, per se, but more using balance and core strength. That being said, I still burn a ton of calories and get my HR up, but not as much jumping as in Insanity. There is a Plyocide video, but that too is a lot of balance. So far I really love the program. I also really like the focus on form, which I did find lacking with Insanity. It is actually very challenging, though, to do many of these moves (1 legged medicine ball burpees??) and I have seen a decent improvement in the past week.
  • jobrandes
    Options
    Are you folks in Phase 2 yet, it is pretty crazy how much balance there is in that like when you try do the medicine ball pushups on four med balls, holy cow? How are you all doing with it so far?
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    In the middle of week 3 of a P90X2 and Insanity mix. Love it. P90X2 is good so far...will probably stay in phase 1 for another two weeks or so. Insanity is a good mix in on rest days or days I can get in a double (3 or 4 days a week). It helps make up for for lack of hard cardio. How is it going for everyone else? My husband has already bailed on me!!
  • Thasenohrl
    Options
    I am also in the middle of week 3 of phase one...I can't wait to move to the next phase but going to try to resist till after I do 4 weeks.

What is everyone thought on Insanity vs. P90X2.....figuring I will need a good cardio burn after I finish P90X2 and thinking about getting that set next....however I am open for other suggestions.

I was told Insanity is hard...but I can't imagine it any harder then P90X2 but then I don't know.
  • nlehmann
    Options
    For the last four weeks I have been on P90X2 schedule in the mornings and mixing in Insanity as back to back doubles on the weekends and a few nights a few. I probably get 3-4 Insanity in per week. I am hooked! I am a die hard towards P90X, I love the mix, the weights and Tony but Insantity is hard! It is a very different type of workout, Insane is the only word for it. I have never sweat so much during a workout at home...if you couldn't tell I highly recommend it. Let me know if you decide to give it a shoot.
  • jobrandes
    Options
    INSANITY is amazing! I love that workout. I think like it more than P90X actually. It is so quick and so hardcore that it is just fun. The P90X workouts are great but for me the fact that INSANITY is such a fast paced workout I love it more. I enjoy all of that cardio. It is hard though, that is for sure. Be ready for some serious craziness. Definitely a love hate relationship with that one. You can't compare it to P90X2, they are very different workouts.
  • nlehmann
    Options
    Just heading into Phase 2 of P90X2...opinions, suggestions, or thoughts on what to look forward to? I haven't previewed yet but Chest, Back and Balance is on the schdule for Sunday.
  • rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    Chest back and balance is hard......I did it two days ago, I have muscles in my shoulders that hurt...that I don't think I ever used before. So".its hard...but it's awesome. I can't wait to get better at some of the moves.
  • nlehmann
    Options
    I suppose I didn't expect anything different! I am already sore from an afternoon of snowman and snow fort building on Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes...it I can move my arm to type. :happy:
  • Rosy06
    Rosy06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am currently doing P90X Lean. I am on my 8th week. This week is my recovery week.
  • jobrandes
    Options
    Welcome Rosy06, enjoy Recovery week! It's always a nice break!

nlehmann, Phase 2 is tough! OMG, it is so crazy. How long did you stay in Phase 1? I have thought about possibly extending it because Phase 2 is really a hard one. It is nice to be able to get that core strength really down in Phase 1 before moving onto Phase 2 because it really comes in handy when doing some of the Ph 2 moves. How are you doing so far?

JB
  • nlehmann
    Options
    I got half-way through week 5 last week and tweeked my middle back and shoulders and had to stop everything but pilates. I have been to the chiropractor a few times, going again tomorrow. Hopefully everything will settle in and I can get back at it. I will start over with week 5. I got chest and back and shoulders and arms done before I broke my back! :ohwell:
    I stayed in Phase 1 for 4 weeks and I was ready to move along. I have also been doing Insanity in the evenings so my Core has really been getting a workout! How long do you think you will stay in Phase 2?
  • spencer97tj
    Options
    Starting p90x2 in September, anyone else?
  • keithabramo
    Options
    I'm my third week into phase 2. I love it so far!!! I've been doing 5 week phases with 1 week recovery to get the most out of each phase. Even though there are not any dedicated cardio workouts man do I still sweat with every workout!

Plus i love Tony's "I'm corny and I know it but don't care what anyone thinks of me because I'm enjoying the ride" attitude. You can really tell he simply loves what he does.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm. Starting p90x/p90x2 hybrid today!! Can't wait!