General Chat

Options
I assume you all know how a general chat works. Use common sense and we'll all get along just fine.

I'm going to need to up my protein, trying to add a can of tuna fish today, and have to try have chicken in the bento from tomorrow on, those are the only two protein sources that fit my student budget.

Now, need healthy, tasty ways to vary my chicken bits.

Replies

• VinVenture
    Options
    There, I have now managed to relieve myself of all my excess bento boxes (all four of them). I now have left my gorgeous zojirushi foux luis vuitton purse bento with thermal compartment (350 ml thermal, 2x 240 ml tiers), my first, bright red two-tier 650 ml bento and a hello kitty salad box.

Got rid of three baby pink boxes to my elder sister (who has a little girl she'd like to start bentoing for) and a black punk-noir one to my younger sister. I am going to take pictures of all of them before I let them go. I really need to up my lunch calorie intake, so the tiny boxes aren't doing me any favours anymore. (They're all ~450 ml - and I can always only use one tier on the red one)
  • VinVenture
    VinVenture Posts: 290
    Options
    Getting a new bento. Having talked it over with the Sir, he agrees it would be reasonable. It's an Edge XXL tri-tier bento, each tier 400 ml, totaling 1.2 L capacity. It is mainly for travels/picnics/whatevers, as it can fit up to three separate lunches (or more probably, two lunches and a dessert tier).

It's all black, quite tall, and will be the bento I bring abroad with me this summer. (And there it will be stuffed with delicious, home-made Turkish foods. Nom.)

http://casabento.com/shop/en/765-bento-box-oval-xxl-black.html

If you want to see it.
  • meikinfaces
    meikinfaces Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself - Leona. I've been very shy about connecting to a group out of fear for not agreeing or having anything in common. The array of groups available is daunting!
    I have persitent fatty liver disease and try to eat clean 90% of the time but there are things I make exceptions for. I try to make everything from scratch as there is only a small selection of processed foods I can tolerate. Anyway, I recently reignited my love for all things bento!! So here I am - Awesome!

I just downloaded a bento weekly planner from www.justbento.com (or it might have been www.justhungry.com either way same author) which I thought was genius given I have two small children and a husband to make bento for! I intend to laminate it so I can keep it on my fridge and write on it with a white erase marker.
    I particularly like that the planner has a specific bento section for each day that lists each of the nutritional components that are required to make a well balanced bento.
  • VinVenture
    Options
    Welcome, then. Luckily on Bento - there's very little one can seriously disagree about, and everyone involved are food interested enough to make an effort.

I love the weekly bento planner, try using it often but as a student plans fall through quite often and lunch ends up being junk or non-existant.

Hope you like the group so far, and new blood is always good in stagnated cases.
  • meikinfaces
    meikinfaces Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was beginning to think I'd joined a ghost group! LOL!! Yes of all the groups on offer Bento is certainly fun and there is very little we could disagree about!
    I have been making little lunch for the kids and HRH but not much in the way of being very artistic - just simple sandwich wheels, cut out cheeses, cute fruit etc.
    Will try and post a picture of one soon!
    :happy:
  • VinVenture
    Options
    Not entirely a ghost group, but there's little enough activitiy (Or at least, for my tastes :P)

I usually make lunch for myself and the boyfriend, sometimes my sister if she comes visiting. This summer I'm excited 'cause I get to make some for my niece (2) and I heard she *loves* pink - so here the pink hello kitty eggs come!

Do post pictures :D