When should you change your goals

Options
Hi everyone,

I was wondering when should you re-evaluate your calorie goals for the day, every 1, 5, or 10 lbs....Also since starting last week I dropped 1.4 lbs! Whooohoooo

I am also looking for friends, especially those using this method.

Thanks a bunch! And thanks for starting this group!

Replies

• shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Once every 5 or 10 pounds should be good. If you go more than 10 pounds, MFP will remind you I believe.
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you've set it up using MFP's suggestions for maintenance, they should adjust for you as your weight gets lower. I guess if you want to be really accurate you would adjust the number after each weigh in.
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I plan to recalculate after each weekly weigh in. I already did it once and found I was supposed to be eating about 40 calories a day less.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering when should you re-evaluate your calorie goals for the day, every 1, 5, or 10 lbs....Also since starting last week I dropped 1.4 lbs! Whooohoooo

I am also looking for friends, especially those using this method.

Thanks a bunch! And thanks for starting this group!

That is Awesome! I am hoping for the same kind of results.
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    What bugs me about MFP is that when you change your calorie goals, it changes all the previous days to that number rather than leaving it where it was. So that can affect the green number just a bit if you change your goals during the middle of the week. And if you want to look back at your diary, at your goals over time, you can't really tell what you were aiming for. It's no big deal. Just a small annoyance! I just changed my goals after enering a loss of 1.4 pounds and it subtracted 10 calories. Not enough to make a significant difference.
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What bugs me about MFP is that when you change your calorie goals, it changes all the previous days to that number rather than leaving it where it was. So that can affect the green number just a bit if you change your goals during the middle of the week. And if you want to look back at your diary, at your goals over time, you can't really tell what you were aiming for. It's no big deal. Just a small annoyance! I just changed my goals after enering a loss of 1.4 pounds and it subtracted 10 calories. Not enough to make a significant difference.

Agreed....so I leave myself a note for the day on what my BMR and Maintenance calories were along with my deficit for the day. But don't look in my diary...I've slacked a couple of days. LOL

Edited to say Okay...my diary is safe. I went back in and made my notes and was brutally honest. Now I'm not so thrilled with this week at all though.