New years eve

Options

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Ok so I know all of us are starting to think about it. What are all the single peeps doing about new years eve. It's my first single one since high school. I know there will be plenty of drinking and hanging out but what about when Midnight hits. *Sigh* Just wondered what everyone else was doing about this :drinker:

I've been single every NYE of my life! Find something to do with friends, like go out to eat or go to a bar like Dave and Buster's.
  • Sarw27
    Sarw27 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am going to stay home, crack open a bottle of wine, and have a bubble bath. The last thing I want to do is spend another NYE pretending it's not awkward being the only single girl in the room!
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm going to hang out at home with my kids for New Year's Eve. Same as I've done for the past 7 years. I'm not too concerned to stay up til midnight. I'll probably hear the fireworks outside. I don't drink alcohol...I'll just make lemonade or something!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I have no idea.... but I also won't have a date. I personally don't like the bar or club scene and all my friends are married or in relationships, so they will be out and enjoying each other. Probably, go see a movie alone.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    haha, anybody in Austin??

I HAD a date and the idiot poofed on me. I could go home but I don't feel like driving plus my parents don't really party. Eh. I want to go wild!!! This is my 1st NYE single and I'd like to go all out but not sure what to do. :sad:
  • Katefab26
    Options
    Go dancing!!!!!!!!!!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    with WHO!??! :sad:
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Going out to dinner and then out to a local bar/club with friends.
    My one single girlfriend and I are each other's date :laugh: We're dressing up even....I hate wearing dresses but said I would with her...now to figure out whether to wear the fishnets underneath (they'd work with the dress I'm wearing or sheer pantyhoes...not tan enough to go without)

There will be dancing and drinks...kiss at midnight? We'll see!
    Chance of running into the ex...unfortunately good :grumble:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    My sister and I are going to go to a bar not far from our house. We both bought very (trying to find a polite way to put this) hootchie dresses and were gonna flirt it up lol.:devil:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Either going out with my friend/trainer who is recently single, or going to my friends house and spending it with her and her family (her husband and their 4 boys).

I tend to spend NYE in instead of out so I kind of want to go out this year but my trainer is moving into her new apartment that day so don't know if that will happen. If I go to my friends place her brother might show up. Met him on Christmas eve as his drunk @ss showed up at her house at 10:30pm when we were trying to get the 5year old to bed. I guess he likes me but from what I can tell her is kinda an a-hole so don't know if I want to go through that.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I am going to stay home, crack open a bottle of wine, and have a bubble bath. The last thing I want to do is spend another NYE pretending it's not awkward being the only single girl in the room!

That was my plan as well, but then I was out shopping and found a sweet sweet dress...so I'm going to a fancy party at a private club..with a gay couple. It's not a gay club though so maybe I will meet a rich guy there :laugh:

PS just for bragging purposes, the dress is by Gordana - former (and current) Project Runway contestant!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    My sister and I are going to go to a bar not far from our house. We both bought very (trying to find a polite way to put this) hootchie dresses and were gonna flirt it up lol.:devil:

Sounds fun!!! I will be home with the kiddos. This will be the 5th NYE with nobody to kiss. My last single friend has a boyfriend now...........happy for her but at the same time a tad bit jealous. Can't help it.......
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'm going stag to a couples Black Tie dinner at my friend's place. I am guessing that I will need to get drunk for the countdown and hope to find someone after midnight when bar hopping. LOL
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    BTW this is the dress I'm wearing out <<<<<<<<:smokin:
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing :(

Yep, those're pretty much my plans too... :(

and mine.....again!!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I've decided to drive to my parents afterall. I'll sip on some vodka over there and nobody will notice. haha

My ex will be cooking me some dinner so eh.. I'll get some food out of it!

I belong to some meet up groups that were going to be doing stuff but nothing stood out to me. :frown:
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Staying home alone =( Maybe next year...
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Drinking with friends this year. The 2nd time being single on NYE.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I'm staying in, just reflecting on the past year and thinking of what I'm going to acheive in 2012. I also really need to pack for my trip next week.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I went to a party at some friends house! I had a blast!! :) The hard part though was when it was midnight and all the couples (and it was mostly couples!) kissed. :ohwell:

The guy I am dating (we are not a couple yet) stayed in for the night. He did tell me that if he didn't get a text from me at midnight his heart would be hurt, lol. So I texted him, but not nearly as good as a New Years Eve kiss would have been.