Christmas Day Long Run

Options
therealangd
therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
Just curious what everyone is doing if their long run falls on Christmas Day. I'm supposed to do 13KM on Christmas day.

I'll probably run it anyway. I will have a couple of hours to kill while turkey is cooking and nothing will be going on. My other option will be to run it on Saturday instead. That might be a better plan in case I imbibe on Christmas Eve.

What will you be running and when will you be running it?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I usually do my long run on either Saturday or Sunday, depending on what is happening that weekend. But, for Christmas we'll be travelling to my sister's house in the country on Christmas Eve and it doesn't feel right to abandon everyone for two hours while I run on Christmas day. Luckily I have the Friday before Christmas off work so I'm going to do a long run then and take a long weekend running holiday until I'm back at home on Tuesday.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Running!! I did 15 miles on thanksgiving. It's my way to de-stress before the stress of the day :)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I've got a 10mile race on Boxing Day ! So I'll be running that instead :bigsmile:

We don't celebrate Christmas, so I will likely squeeze in a few miles on the 25th, as well...

Good luck to you all! I don't envy those who have to fit it all in over the holidays!
  • NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Yip, I'll probably be doing a fairly decent sized run on Christmas day. First of all, I love it, why wouldn't I want to? And more importantly, if you're gonna be eating lots of good food you might as well build up a deficit before you start!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I do my long run on either Saturday or Sunday, so my long run that week will be on Christmas Eve morning. I know people say they "love Christmas," but I REALLY LOVE Christmas, so I don't want to take so much time to run then shower & get ready again on Christmas day.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I think that I'll be doing my long run first thing on Christmas Eve morning. Too much travelling after that, so I need to make sure that I actual do one
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your runs everyone. :)
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    We're traveling three days in a row to three different houses. So that will be fun but exhausting. I hope to run 12 miles on Christmas Eve morning before we head out on our road trip. And HOPEFULLY also run a few miles (4 or 5) on Christmas Day. :)
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled for an 8 mile run on Christmas day. I plan to do it....will be out of state and staying at my mom's house but she loves to run, too, so I'm hoping we'll get up early that day and run together.
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Christmas is a big deal for us with there being 18 of us but I'm hoping to run around 7 miles on Christmas day. Figured I wouldn't be missed too much!
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i too do my long run either saturday or sunday depending on my hubby's work schedule or what is going on. i plan for saturday since my hubby has been oh so nicely scheduled for work on christmas day :(
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve long run with some friends and on Christmas Day I will be at my mom's house so I will probably do a run/walk with her dog...she always appreciates it since she can't run him enough anymore. I cut back on my miles for December as I trained pretty hard this year so I am doing my best to not feel runner's guilt :-)
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Xmas eve is a long fell run. Xmas day is a long sleep :)