Dinner Recipes

Options
Post your dinner recipes here:

Replies

• MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I made this a couple night ago....it was pretty tasty (chicken eaters)

Bruschetta Baked Chicken
    If you can find a bottled tomato-based bruschetta in your grocery store, you can use 1 3/4-cups of this instead of the diced tomatoes, tomato pesto, fresh basil, garlic and oregano below.

Ingredients:

Olive oil cooking spray
    4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut in half to make 8 thin chicken breasts
    Bruschetta:
    1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (whatever flavor you desire like -- roasted garlic with herbs or Italian-style)
    2 tablespoons sundried tomato pesto (available in jars at most grocery stores)
    1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
    1 teaspoon minced or chopped garlic (in jars at your grocery store)
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (add more if desired)

6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella (1 1/2 cups)
    3/4 cup panko crumbs (soft bread crumbs can be substituted)
    3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
    Preparation:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
    Lay chicken pieces on the bottom of prepared pan. In medium bowl, combine diced tomatoes (not drained), tomato pesto, fresh basil, garlic, and oregano. Spread bruschetta mixture over the top of the chicken.
    Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the bruschetta mixture. In small bowl, combine panko crumbs with Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle crumb mixture over the top of the mozzarella. Coat the top with olive oil cooking spray.
    Bake dish, uncovered, in center of oven for 30 minutes (or until chicken is cooked throughout and the cheese is nicely bubbling).
    Yield:
    4-6 servings

Nutritional Information:
    Per serving: (if 6 servings): 251 calories, 28 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 10 g fat, 5.5 g saturated fat, 72 mg cholesterol, 0.7 g fiber, 570 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 36%
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I made this a couple night ago....it was pretty tasty (chicken eaters)

Bruschetta Baked Chicken
    If you can find a bottled tomato-based bruschetta in your grocery store, you can use 1 3/4-cups of this instead of the diced tomatoes, tomato pesto, fresh basil, garlic and oregano below.

Ingredients:

Olive oil cooking spray
    4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut in half to make 8 thin chicken breasts
    Bruschetta:
    1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (whatever flavor you desire like -- roasted garlic with herbs or Italian-style)
    2 tablespoons sundried tomato pesto (available in jars at most grocery stores)
    1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
    1 teaspoon minced or chopped garlic (in jars at your grocery store)
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (add more if desired)

6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella (1 1/2 cups)
    3/4 cup panko crumbs (soft bread crumbs can be substituted)
    3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
    Preparation:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
    Lay chicken pieces on the bottom of prepared pan. In medium bowl, combine diced tomatoes (not drained), tomato pesto, fresh basil, garlic, and oregano. Spread bruschetta mixture over the top of the chicken.
    Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the bruschetta mixture. In small bowl, combine panko crumbs with Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle crumb mixture over the top of the mozzarella. Coat the top with olive oil cooking spray.
    Bake dish, uncovered, in center of oven for 30 minutes (or until chicken is cooked throughout and the cheese is nicely bubbling).
    Yield:
    4-6 servings

Nutritional Information:
    Per serving: (if 6 servings): 251 calories, 28 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 10 g fat, 5.5 g saturated fat, 72 mg cholesterol, 0.7 g fiber, 570 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 36%

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I made the same type of recipe many times except with stuffing mix....not sure what the cal count on that was...I'll see if I can find it....
  • GouchisGirl
    Options
    Not as gourmet as Molly's :wink: and a few more calories, but still sooooooooooooo nummy and not bad for a serving.....I use the ball mozzerella because it melts better:tongue:

Easy bruschetta chicken

What You Need1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
    1/2 cup water
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
    1 tsp. dried basil leaves
    1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
    Make ItHEAT oven to 400ºF.

1MIX tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic just until stuffing mix is moistened.

2LAYER chicken, basil and cheese in 3-qt. casserole or 13x9-inch baking dish.

3TOP with stuffing. Bake 30 min. or until chicken is done.

Kraft Kitchens TipsSubstitutePrepare using STOVE TOP Lower Sodium Stuffing Mix for Chicken.Make AheadPrepare and bake as directed; cool. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. To reheat, spoon each serving onto microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 min. or until heated through. Serving SuggestionServe with steamed Italian-style vegetables.

nutritional information per serving

Calories 300 Total fat 7 g Saturated fat 2.5 g Cholesterol 75 mg Sodium 710 mg Carbohydrate 26 g Dietary fiber 2 g Sugars 4 g Protein 33 g Vitamin A 10 %DV Vitamin C 15 %DV Calcium 30 %DV Iron 15 %DV Healthy Living InformationGood source of calcium
  • GouchisGirl
    Options
    Not as gourmet as Molly's :wink: and a few more calories, but still sooooooooooooo nummy and not bad for a serving.....I use the ball mozzerella because it melts better:tongue:

Easy bruschetta chicken

1/2 cup water
    2 cloves garlic, minced

1MIX tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic just until stuffing mix is moistened.

Kraft Kitchens TipsSubstitutePrepare using STOVE TOP Lower Sodium Stuffing Mix for Chicken.Make AheadPrepare and bake as directed; cool. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. To reheat, spoon each serving onto microwaveable plate. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 min. or until heated through. Serving SuggestionServe with steamed Italian-style vegetables.

Calories 300 Total fat 7 g Saturated fat 2.5 g Cholesterol 75 mg Sodium 710 mg Carbohydrate 26 g Dietary fiber 2 g Sugars 4 g Protein 33 g Vitamin A 10 %DV Vitamin C 15 %DV Calcium 30 %DV Iron 15 %DV Healthy Living InformationGood source of calcium

here is the link... wish we could post pics on here

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bruschetta-chicken-bake-65546.aspx
  • GouchisGirl
    Options
    Ok, I don't have the stuff to make this, but it looks so good I wish somebody would! lol Not bad on calories either considering it has CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Ya can't go wrong if it has cheese....)

Cheesy Potato Casserole Carolyn Malcoun

The original version of this cheesy potato casserole stars canned soup, full-fat sour cream, a stick of butter and a crust of crushed potato chips. We lightened it considerably by using a homemade white sauce instead of canned soup and swapping nonfat Greek yogurt for the sour cream. Crushed corn flakes replace the potato chips. All in all, we slashed 200 calories, 25 grams of fat (12 grams saturated) and 170 milligrams of sodium per serving. Dig in!

Servings: 10 servings, about 3/4 cup each
    Total Time: 1 3/4 hours
    Ease of Preparation: Easy
    Health: Low Calorie, Low Cholesterol, High Calcium

Ingredients:

Cheesy Potato Casserole
    Canola oil cooking spray
    2 pounds red potatoes , diced
    1 cup low-fat milk
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese , shredded (about 2 cups)
    1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
    1 medium onion , chopped
    1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt , divided
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    2 cups crushed unsweetened corn flakes

Steps:

1: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch (or similar-size) baking dish with cooking spray.

2: Place potatoes in a large pot, add water to cover and bring to a boil. Immediately drain and rinse with cold water; drain well. Return to the pot.

3: Meanwhile, whisk milk and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking often until bubbling and thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, 2 to 4 minutes total. Remove from the heat and stir in Cheddar, yogurt, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper until combined. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and mix well. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.

4: Sprinkle the casserole with corn flakes. Using short bursts, coat the corn flakes with cooking spray; sprinkle with the remaining pinch of salt. Bake until browned and bubbling at the edges, about 1 hour. Let cool for 20 minutes before serving.

Nutrition: (Per serving)

Calories - 233
    Carbohydrates - 30
    Fat - 8
    Saturated Fat - 5
    Monounsaturated Fat - 2
    Protein - 11
    Cholesterol - 25
    Dietary Fiber - 2
    Potassium - 499
    Sodium - 396
    Nutrition Bonus - Folate (30% daily value), Iron (25% dv), Calcium (22% dv), Vitamin C (19% dv).

Prepare through Step 3; cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Let the casserole stand at room temperature while preheating the oven. Proceed with Step 4.
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, Just saw this recipe posted by mhanson18, and it sounds absolutely delicious... had to share with you!

SPINACH, TOMATO, CHICKEN LASAGNA

"It made 9 pretty good sized pieces and was 299 calories per slice according to mfp recipe calculator and these mentioned ingredients...
    Just thought I'd share!"

"I just want to mention that I used Creamette Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles for the first time, and absolutely hated them. I suggest you use regular lasagna noodles prepared first...."

12 oz chicken breast cooked, chopped

1 Jar Garlic and Basil Ragu

1 Bag Baby Spinach

12 baby grape tomatoes- halved

15 oz Skim Ricotta Cheese

2 Cups Part Skim Mozarella Shredded Cheese

1 egg

12 lasagna noodles prepared

Dried Basil and Oregano, salt and pepper to taste

Heat oven to 375*

Mix egg, ricotta cheese, most of the shredded cheese, tomatoes and spinach. Set aside

Spread light layer of tomato sauce on bottom of 9x13 pan.

Mix the rest of the sauce in with the chicken

Put first layer of lasagna noodles down..

Cover with part of cheese mixture, top with chicken/sauce mixture, top with noodles, and repeat once more.

Sprinkle top of lasagna with last of shredded mozarella, cover with foil and bake 20 mins.

Take foil off and bake until browned and bubbly, about 10-15 mins.

Enjoy!
  • theresabugx
    theresabugx Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Easy bruschetta chicken

1/2 cup water
    2 cloves garlic, minced

here is the link... wish we could post pics on here

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bruschetta-chicken-bake-65546.aspx

yum im gonna make this soon!
  • theresabugx
    Options
    Hey ladies, Just saw this recipe posted by mhanson18, and it sounds absolutely delicious... had to share with you!

SPINACH, TOMATO, CHICKEN LASAGNA

"It made 9 pretty good sized pieces and was 299 calories per slice according to mfp recipe calculator and these mentioned ingredients...
    Just thought I'd share!"

"I just want to mention that I used Creamette Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles for the first time, and absolutely hated them. I suggest you use regular lasagna noodles prepared first...."

12 oz chicken breast cooked, chopped

1 Jar Garlic and Basil Ragu

1 Bag Baby Spinach

12 baby grape tomatoes- halved

15 oz Skim Ricotta Cheese

2 Cups Part Skim Mozarella Shredded Cheese

1 egg

12 lasagna noodles prepared

Dried Basil and Oregano, salt and pepper to taste

Heat oven to 375*

Mix egg, ricotta cheese, most of the shredded cheese, tomatoes and spinach. Set aside

Spread light layer of tomato sauce on bottom of 9x13 pan.

Mix the rest of the sauce in with the chicken

Put first layer of lasagna noodles down..

Cover with part of cheese mixture, top with chicken/sauce mixture, top with noodles, and repeat once more.

Sprinkle top of lasagna with last of shredded mozarella, cover with foil and bake 20 mins.

Take foil off and bake until browned and bubbly, about 10-15 mins.

Enjoy!

YUMMY!!
  • branflake5
    Options
    Black Bean Burgers

1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
    1 large egg, beaten
    2 Tbsp dried onion flakes
    1 tsp worcestershire sauce
    1/2 tsp ground black pepper
    1 Tbsp canola oil
    4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
    Toppings (optional)
    Lettuce leaves
    Sliced tomato
    Sliced onion
    Sliced pickle
    Catsup
    Mustard

1. Place the black beans in a medium-sized bowl. With the back of a fork, partially mash the beans until they are able to be shaped into a patty. Add the breadcrumbs, egg, worcestershire sauce, and black pepper, and mix together well.

2. Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat.

3. Use 1/4 of the bean mixtue for each patty. Shape each portion into patties that are about 3/4-inch thick.

4. Place the patties into the skillet, and cook on each side about 4 mintues, or until the patties becomes lightly browned and are firm.

5. Serve each patty on a whole wheat bun, and finish off with the burger toppings you desire.

Serves 4

Per Serving Calories 271
  • rachelmarie1
    Options
    Ok.. surely everyone has realized how un-imaginative I am by now. lol I have stolen another recipe from on here, and I intend on trying it tonight. I have no idea of the nutritional info, but I will update after I make it tonight.

Cut up two boneless/skinless chicken breasts into bite size pieces and saute them with minced garlic (1-2 cloves) in a tblsp of olive oil
    Add two pkgs of sundried tomatoes. I usually do one in oil, drained and one dry. You could do two dry to reduce the calories and spray the mixture with Pam.
    Add 1 can of artichoke hearts in water. Drain the water and pull the hearts apart as you add them.
    Add 2-3 tablespoons of capers
    Add 1 tblsp of pesto
    Stir it all together, cover, and let it cook for about 30 minutes on med or med low.
    Serve over pasta. I usually do 1/3 cup of the mixture over 1/2 cup of whole wheat past for a serving.
  • theresabugx
    Options
    Ok.. surely everyone has realized how un-imaginative I am by now. lol I have stolen another recipe from on here, and I intend on trying it tonight. I have no idea of the nutritional info, but I will update after I make it tonight.

Cut up two boneless/skinless chicken breasts into bite size pieces and saute them with minced garlic (1-2 cloves) in a tblsp of olive oil
    Add two pkgs of sundried tomatoes. I usually do one in oil, drained and one dry. You could do two dry to reduce the calories and spray the mixture with Pam.
    Add 1 can of artichoke hearts in water. Drain the water and pull the hearts apart as you add them.
    Add 1 tblsp of pesto
    Stir it all together, cover, and let it cook for about 30 minutes on med or med low.
    Serve over pasta. I usually do 1/3 cup of the mixture over 1/2 cup of whole wheat past for a serving.

mmm this sounds good too, I need to get more motivated to cook "meals" i use too, but lastely im just doing simple. i gotta go big food shopping this weekend so i'll stock up!
  • rachelmarie1
    Options
    hey! i have a picture of the the chicken tomato pasta thing I made... It looks great, but the chicken mixture is NOT a sauce, so the meal is really dry. :-( im extremely disappointed, need to figure out a way to moisten it. I dont know how to get pics to show up here, so i just put it under my personal pics :-)

Add 1 tblsp of pesto
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Chicken Rice Alfredo....

This is a twist on Chicken Alfredo, but with rice =)

Calories 370, Sugar 1, Sodium 530, Carbs 39, Protien 28, Sat Fat 4

1/4 cup dry rice
    1/4 cup (ragu brand) Alfrado Sauce
    1- 4oz chicken breast
  • branflake5
    Options
    Ok ladies you CAN post picture in here, you have to go to upload the pic on photobucket.com then copy the IMG code but after you paste it change the capital IMG to lower case img and when you post it your pic will be there.
  • rachelmarie1
    Options
    thanks brandy!
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    These all sound so good
  • GouchisGirl
    Options
    chicken-burrito-A1.jpg

I have not tried this, but I am begging someone to make it!!! lol

http://zoomyummy.com/2011/07/30/chicken-burritos/
    121 cal
    288 sodium

http://zoomyummy.com/2011/07/27/homemade-tortillas/
    158 cal
    295 sodium

TOTAL
    279 cal
    583 Sodium

YOU COULD ALSO MAKE IT MEATLESS. EITHER ADD TOFU OR MORE BEANS :)
  • rachelmarie1
    Options
    CUPCAKE LASAGNA

24 Wonton Wrappers
    1 3/4 c. Jimmy Dean Precooked Turkey Sausage
    1 cup Pasta Sauce
    1/2 c Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
    1 1/2 C Mozzarella Cheese
    1/2 c Parmesan Cheese
    Non Stick Spray
    Muffin Tin

Spray Muffin tin with non-stick spray. Layer one won ton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin hole. Then add some sauce to each wonton wrapper, then add some Ricotta cheese, Turkey Sausage and sprinkle with the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Start second layer wonton wrapper, sauce, ricotta cheese, turkey sausage, top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375` for 25 mins. They will pop right out of the tin. I calculated them to be per cupcake: 135 cals 5.76 fat 12.6 carbs 1 fiber 10.4 protein.

pair with a salad and a crusty bread banquette for a nice quick meal.. The prep time is like 10-15 mins.
    *can sub. meats/ do a veggie alt w/mush and onions.

Enjoy!
  • GouchisGirl
    Options
    CUPCAKE LASAGNA

24 Wonton Wrappers
    1 3/4 c. Jimmy Dean Precooked Turkey Sausage
    1 cup Pasta Sauce
    1/2 c Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
    1 1/2 C Mozzarella Cheese
    1/2 c Parmesan Cheese
    Non Stick Spray
    Muffin Tin

Spray Muffin tin with non-stick spray. Layer one won ton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin hole. Then add some sauce to each wonton wrapper, then add some Ricotta cheese, Turkey Sausage and sprinkle with the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Start second layer wonton wrapper, sauce, ricotta cheese, turkey sausage, top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375` for 25 mins. They will pop right out of the tin. I calculated them to be per cupcake: 135 cals 5.76 fat 12.6 carbs 1 fiber 10.4 protein.

pair with a salad and a crusty bread banquette for a nice quick meal.. The prep time is like 10-15 mins.
    *can sub. meats/ do a veggie alt w/mush and onions.

Enjoy!

That sounds really good.... being lazy not gonna put it in the data base unless I'm going to make it lol Do you have the nutrition info on it?
  • branflake5
    Options
    Chipotle Spiced Shrimp:
    Serves 4

Ingredients

1/2 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 32 shrimp)
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    1 1/2 teaspoons water
    1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
    1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped

Directions

Rinse shrimp in cold water. Pat dry with a paper towel and set aside on a plate.

To make the marinade, whisk together the tomato paste, water and oil in a small bowl. Add garlic, chili powder and oregano. Mix well.

Using a brush, spread the marinade (it will be thick) on both sides of the shrimp. Place in the refrigerator.

Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler (grill). Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.

Put the shrimp in a grill basket or on skewers and place on the grill. Turn the shrimp after 3 to 4 minutes. The cooking time varies depending on the heat of the fire, so watch carefully.

Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.

Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
    Serving size: 8 shrimp
    Calories 73 Cholesterol 85 mg
    Protein 12 g Sodium 151 mg
    Carbohydrate 3 g Fiber 1 g
    Total fat 2 g Potassium 199 mg
    Saturated fat trace Calcium 37 mg
    Monounsaturated fat 1 g