Options
post any Breakfast type recipes here:

Replies

• rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Homemade Sugar Free Simple Syrup- For Coffee or Tea

1 cup Water
    2 cups Apriva (kroger's version of splenda-- actually tastes better)
    6 teaspoons of Vanilla

Allow 1 cup of water to boil. Add 3 tablespoons of the Kroger Value Imitation Vanilla flavor.
    Once the water is boiling then turn heat down to medium and add 2 cups of Kroger Apriva.
    Stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved. (do not walk away from pot)
    Remove from heat and allow to cool completely and to thicken.
    Store in bottle in the refrigerator.
    *Will make 1.25 cups, each serving is 1 teaspoon.
    **1 calorie per severing; obviously no sugar and no other nutritional value, which is why i :heart: this recipe... plus it is WAY cheaper to make and only takes about five minutes of your time.
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This one is a HIT with my BF. He complains I'm starving him lately so making this makes up for it. I will also take one square with me to work and pop it in the microwave for breakfast. Perfect!

Hash Brown Cassarole

120z frozen hash browns
    1/2 cup unsalted butter
    1 can fat free Cream of Chicken Soup
    1 cup light sour cream
    1 medium onion ( I use vidalia but any kind you have will work)
    2 cups of shredded 2% mild cheddar
    Salt and pepper to taste (I usually do about 1.5tsp salt and 1tbsp black pepper, give or take)

Mix all of the ingredients together reserving a 1/4 cup of cheese.
    Put in a 9X13 glass container or casserole dish.
    Bake at 350 for about 30 mins.
    Sprinkle reserved cheese on top and bake for an additional 5 mins or until cheese is browned.

I usually cut it into 12 squares so here are the per-square stats:

Calories 231
    Fat 14
    Protein 8
    Fiber 2
    Carbs 19
    Sodium 522
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Waffles

Makes 6
    227 calories each (only 1 gram of sugar!)

3 eggs
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 cup blue bonnet light
    1 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
    1 3/4 cup flour
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Waffles

Makes 6

3 eggs
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 3/4 cup flour

This isn't breakfast, but your waffles reminded me of a recipe I saw that I wanted to try lol They used waffles (Store bought I'm assuming, but I'm sure homemade would be better for you) and made them into single PIZZAS! Pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. I thought it sounded so good lol You could put any toppings on it you want and then crisp it in the oven! :)
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Waffles

Makes 6

3 eggs
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 3/4 cup flour

This isn't breakfast, but your waffles reminded me of a recipe I saw that I wanted to try lol They used waffles (Store bought I'm assuming, but I'm sure homemade would be better for you) and made them into single PIZZAS! Pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. I thought it sounded so good lol You could put any toppings on it you want and then crisp it in the oven! :)

Lol what? Waffles is a breakfast food
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Waffles

Makes 6

3 eggs
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 3/4 cup flour

You think?! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sherie.... if you are reading this you know what I mean..... Sabrina, have you had CHICKEN and WAFFLES?! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like sweet and savory, but I just about died when I had chicken and waffles lol IT WAS SO GOOD! :)
  • Sherie13
    Options
    Waffles

Makes 6

3 eggs
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 3/4 cup flour

You think?! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sherie.... if you are reading this you know what I mean..... Sabrina, have you had CHICKEN and WAFFLES?! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like sweet and savory, but I just about died when I had chicken and waffles lol IT WAS SO GOOD! :)

Yum!!! Yes, chicken and waffles! You can do a baked chicken breast to cut back on the calories. Still amazing! And chicken and waffles is definitely a breakfast food! We went to this Jamaican place for brunch and had Jerk Chicken and waffles with a butter rum syrup!
  • Sherie13
    Options
    I was online instead of working and I found this... Looks YUMMY!! I might have to try it over the weekend!

Banana Pancakes with Walnut Honey

This easy pancake mix recipe contains more fiber than most store-bought varieties and can serve double-duty for waffles and fruit crepes recipes.

TIME: 30 minutes
    SERVINGS: 4

Pancakes
    1 and 1/3 c Easy Pancake Mix or store-bought, trans-fat free pancake mix
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 c low-fat buttermilk
    1/4 c water
    1 egg
    1 Tbsp canola oil
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 large banana, halved lengthwise and cut thin slices
    1/2 c fresh raspberries

Walnut Honey
    1/2 c walnuts, chopped
    1/3 c honey
    1 Tbsp water

1. To prepare the pancakes: Combine the pancake mix and cinnamon in a large bowl. Combine the buttermilk, water, egg, oil, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Whisk into the pancake mix and stir until smooth. Fold in the banana. Set aside.

2. To prepare the walnut honey: Combine the walnuts, honey, and water in a small bowl.

3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add the pancake batter in scant 1/4 cupfuls and cook, in batches, for about 2 minutes or until the pancakes have puffed and the undersides are lightly browned. Turn the pancakes and cook for about 2 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Serve with the walnut honey and raspberries.

Nutrition Info Per Serving: 425 cal, 10 g pro, 67 g carb, 15 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 55 mg chol, 387 mg sodium, 5 g fiber

Easy Pancake Mix

TIME: 5 minutes
    SERVINGS: 12

1 and 1/2 c all-purpose flour
    1 and 1/2 c whole wheat pastry flour
    6 Tbsp yellow cornmeal
    6 Tbsp sugar
    1 Tbsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt

1. Combine the all-purpose flour, pastry flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and mix well.

2. Store in a cool, dry place.

Nutrition Info Per Serving (1/12 of recipe, 1/3 cup per serving): 130 cal, 3 g pro, 29 g carb, 0.5 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 0 mg chol, 303 mg sodium, 2 g fiber
  • Sherie13
    Options
    Just found these... need to try them!

Banana Oatmeal "muffins"

3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
    1c almond milk
    2 eggs
    3 cups uncooked Oatmeal
    1 tbsp baking powder
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    mini chocolate chips

mix all the ingredients together and bake in muffin tins (I like making the mini size) for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden brown. The chocolate chips are optional but I like to add a few just for some sweetness. You can drizzle a little honey them too. Without the choc chips or honey, each mini muffin is 45 calories and a great thing to grab and eat on the go!