Rough week for eating

Options
Xmas lunch at work, out to eat for lunch 2x (mentally necessary), xmas lunch Sat, b'day dinner Sun at Skyline Chili, xmas lunch next week!

I had put back a couple of pounds after the first xmas lunch as I am sure it was laden with salt - all Mexican - and I wasn't very careful about what I was eating. I peed all day yesterday, so hopefully got rid of some of that. I know it was water weight because the scale went up the next morning.

This week will be a challenge. I am trying to stick as much to C1 as possible, as was my plan, but I can tell I am getting a little lax.
Last night I wanted something so bad, and I have nothing in the house, that I put on my jammies and went to bed at 8:30! Otherwise, I may have just gone out and gotten something.

I had packed my lunch of tuna salad yesterday, but needed out of the office and went out for lunch instead. I stayed at work longer than I expected to and ate my tuna salad, out of a bowl, in the car on the way home. I did have a fork with me, but I wouldn't suggest it. My sugar was dropping, though, and I knew I needed to eat as I had had nothing since lunch.

How to stay on track? It is just so difficult after you attend an event or veer off for whatever reason.

Replies

• Gamergl
    Gamergl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Totally was there yesterday :(

For me, when I have bad days, in order to get myself back on track it's all about the planning. Since I had such a bad day yesterday, today I really need to have all my meals planned out - drinking extra water too (in order to flush all that salt and crappy food out). Also I plan to work out twice, which could be tough since it is going to be another busy day, but I'll just have to make time. Most of the time, my appetite decreases after a workout anyway - but that's probably all mental because after a workout is when I really want to stay on track so I don't negate all of the hard work I just put in.

It is difficult to get back on track, but another tip is to also look back at your diary and concentrate on the days that went well, and try to focus on those positive's and refresh your mind on what was working back then.

Don't over-stress about it too, afterall it is xmas and shxt happens right? So have fun at your events, and on the days where you have no parties/xmas gatherings - really try and plan those days to stick to it and try and get an extra workout in here and there.

YOUCANDOTHIS! :)
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I agree with Gamergl... Refine your plan.

If working late is a problem, keep something in your desk to eat. I suggest protein bars, because they keep for a long time.

If eating out is a problem, research your favorite restaurants ahead of time (using MFP) and plan what you will order.
    I have several places that I eat, and I know what to order without thinking about:
    Olive Garden - Venetian Chicken and salad (low fat dressing -- yes, they have it).
    Applebees - Herbed Sirloin and Shrimp with vegetables
    Backyard Cafe (local) - Black and bleu salad
    Cracker Barrel - chef salad, low-fat honey mustard dressing, no biscuits

Just keep at it - it does get easier. And then somedays, it's just hard.

Every day is a new opportunity. Seize it!