Introduce yourselves!

Options
Dauntlessness
Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
I am Lect. I am 32, married to a wonderful man for almost 11 years now, I have no kids but I do have 2 dogs and a cat :) I have started my weight loss journey around 14 months ago but started exercising around 12. I have lost 66 pounds since going to the gym and 78 from my highest weight. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you! Take care!

Replies

• jnanof
    jnanof Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am JoAnn. I work int he Portland area. I have been doing P90X, Insanity and other Beachbody products since March. I have lost close to 30 pounds of FAT and feel great. I have 15 to 25 pounds to go (not sure what weight is going to be the magic number for me yet). My racing weight at 30 YO was 133. 145 might be just right at 47 YO, I'll know when I get there.
  • Dauntlessness
    Options
    Hey there, welcome :)
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am Amy and live near Newport, a little south of Bangor.
  • ang180
    ang180 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I am 31 and live in Central Maine area. I am hoping to get my brain in gear and my body in motion. I have 75 pounds I would like to lose. I have a treadmill and hoping to get snow shoes as an additional source of exercise in the winter. I am happily married for 8 years and we have a 6 yeard old son.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • mainebikermom
    Options
    Hello, I'm Robin. My short-term goal is to lose the 20 lbs I gained back over this past year that I worked so hard to take off. I can't believe I let myself get back to this weight. I have much more to lose, but would be happy to work on getting back to journaling my food and exercise. I'm married and have two young kids, two dogs and two cats. I love summer and I hibernate during winter; however, we all got snowshoes for Christmas, so when we do get enough snow, this will force me to get outside.
  • Dauntlessness
    Options
    Hey guys. welcome :)
  • SummerTulip78
    Options
    Howdy! My name is Summer and I live in Lisbon. :)
  • apachemom4
    Options
    Hi everyone I am Brandie I live in The lakes region I have 75 lbs to lose.looking forward to some support.
  • yello79vette
    Options
    Hello all,

Steve here, I am from Aroostook County. I am 40 and I started my journey for a new years resolution. I am 326.2 lbs at weigh in today I have lost a little and I have a long road to travel to get to my first goal weight of 200 lbs. The winter makes it tough to want to exercise when I just want to try and stay under a blanket and keep warm. :) Well Happy Hump day everyone.
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Steve. I am in Carmel, near Bangor. I just joined and hope to lose a lot of weight. My first goal is to get under 300.
  • 123utopia
    Options
    Hey Everyone, My name is Allison and I live in the Lisbon Falls Area, I am engaged and getting married in September of this year. I would like to lose 50 lbs. I gained a lot of weight sitting at a desk job and am ready to get back to where I felt good about myself.
  • amberina812
    amberina812 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My name is Amber. I live in southern Maine and am hoping to lose a total of 45 to 50 pounds. I'm trying not to focus on the number and instead just get to a healthy weight where I can feel comfortable in my own skin :)
  • WorkoutMaine
    Options
    My name is Brian and I am 32 years old. I have an undiagnosed Compulsive Overeating Disorder (COE) and am looking for some support to lose weight. I have not had much support in my home so I figured maybe I could find the support I need here. I have a wife and 2 boys and am a huge nerd. I like to joke around and have a good time. Please feel free to add me as a friend and chat it up :)
  • chriscm70
    chriscm70 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chris, from Kennebunk. I started on MFP a couple of months ago, and have been doing pretty well so far (if I do say so myself!)
    I'm 41, 5' 9", and I started on MFP at 261, although I've been higher fairly recently, like the 280's, ouch! 22 lbs down so far, with a long, long way to go. I'm aiming for 214 by June, as a first (and hopefully reachable) goal.

Anyway, I just found this Maine group, so I figured I'd join and say hi to the utha mainahs! :smile:
  • graycatbird
    graycatbird Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HI, everyone! I'm Sue, and I live in Portland. I'm 65 years old and I've been struggling with my weight my whole adult life. Every time I lose weight I gain it all back and more. I'd like to stop that pattern, so I'm trying to be gentle with myself and not be too drastic. I've finally gotten an exercise routine established, so that helps, but I'm still about 55 pounds overweight. Right now I'm working on getting more veggies and fruit in.

I'm an avid gardener and am really looking forward to spring!

Sue
  • Luka1636
    Luka1636 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello, I am Kristen and I am 28 yo and am looking to lose excess baby weight. I live in central Maine and have lived here most of my life. My husband and I are signed up for the Casco Days road race at the end of July and are working hard to be able to run the 4 mile race for fun. This is my first experience with weight loss and am a picky eater. So far I do ok. Support is much appreciated. :smile:
  • Zsquared
    Zsquared Posts: 54
    Options
    Hey all, I'm Lizz. I live in the Bangor area, I have a love affair with food, fun, and life in general. I'm trying to get healthy and STAY healthy once and for all! :)
  • graycatbird
    graycatbird Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, Lizz and Kristen! Sounds like you both have wonderful goals! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Sue
    Graycatbird
  • Ohsilentheart
    Ohsilentheart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! My name is Maggie, I'm 24 & live in downtown Portland. I've been up & down in my weight over the last couple of years & I'm determined to lose that weight finally! I run a lot - if you see someone with the galaxy on her back & two water nymphs on her arm, that's me! Say hello! It's nice to know there's other here in Maine that are struggling, too.
  • gklibby
    gklibby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My name is Ginger. I live in Westbrook (near Portland). I just joined mfp today. I've been working out at least 4 times a week and still managing to gain. I'm hoping that mfp will help me figure out how to control the "calories in" part of weight loss. I seem to have the "calories burned" part worked out. I'm interested in doing 5K walks or other things like that. I have a bicycle, but need to get it out of storage. Would love to start biking more often if anyone has ideas on good places to bike. I'm a little scared of riding in traffic, but I do like designated bike trails, etc.