Recipe Sharing

Options
Kougra
Kougra Posts: 358 Member
For anyone who has recipes that are gut friendly, please feel free to post them. I will round up some of mine and be posting them in the next few days. As everyone who is dealing with gut issues, diet is important. I have found doing a macrobiotic diet works for me and it is friendly to the gi tract. I have done this diet on and off for a few years and during a flare up it really helps. Again, all recipes are welcome!! Here is to a happy Gut!

Replies

• ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    This is an Indian dish called "Raita." We eat it all the time and trust me, if I can eat it, it's gut friendly - so long as you can tolerate greek yogurt...

2 cups Plain Greek yogurt
    1 Cucumber, chopped
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped tomato
    1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
    Hot peppers to taste (optional)

Prepare all ingredients by chopping them and setting them aside. Water can be added to the yoghurt as an option, depending on the desired consistency. Add all the ingredients to the yoghurt, saving a small amount of the coriander for garnishing. Once mixed, add the remainder of the coriander to the raita as a garnish. Keep raita in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to allow it to set and for the flavor to infuse the yoghurt.

Raita can be used when food is too spicy, as a savoury side-dish, or can be enjoyed on its own! I use it on chili, to top baked potatoes ... basically in the place of sour cream. It's WONDERFUL!
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Useful MFP tip - you can easily track fibre intake in MFP. This is really helpful for me to keep an eye on what things have in them and keep my numbers low. :)
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe from the SCD diet. (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) This is a very yummy soup. Also it is gut friendly!!

MUSHROOM BISQUE
    Ingredients
    2 8-ounce packages mushrooms, sliced
    olive oil
    1/4 cup dry red wine
    2/3 cloves garlic
    1 small onion, chopped
    1/2 head cauliflower
    2 cups water
    salt to taste
    pepper to taste

Instructions
    1. Saute sliced mushrooms in olive oil for about six minutes, until most of the liquid is evaporated.

2. Stir frequently while sauteing , and add dry red wine, allowing it to boil off.

3. Move the mixture to a bowl.

4. Saute a few cloves of garlic and a small chopped onion in a bit of olive oil for a few minutes.

5. In a soup pot, place cauliflower and two cups of pure water. Cook cauliflower in the water until tender.

6. Place the sauted onion and garlic, half the mushrooms, and the cauliflower-water mixture into the blender. Blend until smooth.

7. Return blended mixture to the pot and add the rest of the sauted mushrooms.

8. Stir, adding salt and lots of freshly ground pepper to taste.