Fitness Goals for 2012

Options
As the new year approaches gentlemen, you should start to think of your goals for 2012. Post them here, update your progress and see where we can all get together. I have several goals in mind which I will put here shortly.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. May 2012 bring you increased strength, more endurance, less weight and more happiness.

Replies

• tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Something I haven't really tried to put into words yet! There are several things going on this year that are important to me to lose a bit more. I'll have to think on this for just a bit before I figure out what exactly my goals are.
  • djsysstem
    djsysstem Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Joe, Let's complete the challenge I put forth for 2011 first and then move on to New Year Resolutions for 2012.
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Sure DJ we can complete the challenge. Just was trying to get everyone thinking.

I will still start it off. I will complete 90 days of P90X in 2012.

See how that goes, I sweat just watching that thing.
  • djsysstem
    djsysstem Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, it looks really awesome and results seem great too from what I've seen!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I'M BACK !!!!

Maintaining at 99kg (as low as 96, Christmas and a lack of care took me up to 100.1kg).

As far as I am concerned, it's holding.

I want to
    - get my wife and kids on board (on board for anything, not just getting healthier)
    - keep working on me ...
    ....... shred the spare tire
    ....... eat well
    ....... do weights
    ....... become fitter financially
    ....... train towards being a fitness coach / mentor, etc.
    ....... head towards finding or developing special men's programs, for guys who just want to be good fathers (picking me first)
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Oh yeah, it looks really awesome and results seem great too from what I've seen!

I did 1 hour of it the other day. God I felt it. I will tackle it when I come back from Vegas on Jan. 9. I did a lot of do what I can and forget the rest.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    Posted this elsewhere on the thread. Re post: I think we all need to step up. Trying and failing is better than no trying at all.

I started this thread so let's go all out.

I am going to start P90X. Do I have any volunteers? I have done a bit and it has killed me. Cleared floor space in my living room and it will happen. Gentlemen step up. I am currently 251 (Probably more due to travelling)). Will start completely within 1 week. Looking for volunteers to go through this hell. Sunday is my start day and I will post my progress. All I really want is my belly to go. Gone from a 48 waist to 40, if I hit 36 I will be good. Last year did 40% body fat to 34% and lost almost 40 lbs. I know I can do this. Let's step up.

Thank you all, you are inspiration, and why I need to push myself. What I did from last January to March, took me from March to December to redo. It is all because I lost focus. The focus is back, the need to work out is here, if the weather co operates then three miles walking a day is given.

I am ranting, but I really want to get fit, feel a lot better than what I currently do, and keep dropping the weight. Even if I don't. Gone from 48 waist to 40, have belts that no longer fit me (too big) and looking at a 2 week vacation biking through costa rica. I could never have ever looked at that.

June is when I am looking at doing that, 3 days of biking through mountains, camping on the side of the road and a total of 150 miles. First day is 40 miles and 90% downhill. 2nd day is 60 miles and 50% uphill Last day is 50 miles and 60%uphill. Having driven through the mountains completing this will be incredible. I love the country and hopefully will retire there.

I know I disappeared but am back. (Again). It is time to move the scale and move ourselves. And for us big guys, even if you do not move the scale, if the pants get loser, the shirts get loser you go from a 3 X to a 2X these are all victories. I know prior to Christmas the scale didn't move but stuff I haven't worn in 2 years now fit. I have clothes that were hanging that I can now make work.

We all need to work together like we have been doing. There will be ups and downs, we are not perfect. But let's motivate each other and get to where we can be. I should be happy where I am because people have said you look good, you look heathier, but I know I CAN do better. I will do better.

I went from barely being able to walk up a flight of stair to 3 miles. Let's bike 30 minutes and do 10 minutes on an eliptical. After the 3 mile walk.

Another challenge I was on was doing berpies. I still can't do more than 3 minutes but I started and couldn't do 30 seconds. Now it's 2 minutes, tomorrow will be??? Small increments mean something. I still don't think I can do one pull up. Hopefully once I finish P90X I can do a few. If I can do 2 or 3 that's huge. And if I weigh less that's a reason why I can do more.

I am 49 years old, so I don't need to be buff but I need (for me) to be in better shape. I travel a lot and I find it amazing that a lot of women are good with average guys who are willing do go out and do things. Canoeing for a few hours is good, walking through a park, forest, jungle is good. For the single guys (like me) this honestly works out.

Ok I have ranted, and will hit the gym first thing tomorrow (because I still don't work for a few more days), but let's push each other do to more than we think. I have posted my goals (and maybe I won't get there), but let's all try. If most of us get half way, we will be far better off.

We are men on a mission, let's get this mission going.

Happy new year men

Joe