5K Color Run 2012

Options
kmlt08
kmlt08 Posts: 1,054 Member
Hi, I was curious if anyone was doing the 5k Color Run this coming year! Its May 6th 2012 in Minneapolis
http://thecolorrun.com/minnesota/
I have never run a 5k before, and even though its a fun run/walk I feel it would be an great introduction to my first 5k.
I am curious if anyone else has done it, or is thinking about putting together a team to do a group run.

I plan on doing the couch to 5k starting either later this month or January.

Replies

• Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have never done the 5K Color Run but I just took a look and that looks like fun. I am a big girly girl though so I have an issue with all of that paint in the hair, LOL! It seems like a fun idea.

The 5K races that have fun themes like this are always awesome runs for beginners. They are always way more relaxed and geared towards more fitness fun, rather than having the pressure on you for the time you finish in.
  • kmlt08
    Options
    I have never done the 5K Color Run but I just took a look and that looks like fun. I am a big girly girl though so I have an issue with all of that paint in the hair, LOL! It seems like a fun idea.

The 5K races that have fun themes like this are always awesome runs for beginners. They are always way more relaxed and geared towards more fitness fun, rather than having the pressure on you for the time you finish in.

Its colored corn starch...washes out really easily! Yup I agree this one looks like a great one for me to test my 5k waters in! I am doing a timed 5k in August in my hometown!
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Start the Couch25K now. No reason to wait.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried C2K but I've heard it's awesome. I might be interested in joining the color run : ) hmmmmm *chin rubs*
  • kmlt08
    Options

Starting next week. I had to wait until my husband was finished with his finals to get done :) I am excited!
  • kmlt08
    Options
    I haven't tried C2K but I've heard it's awesome. I might be interested in joining the color run : ) hmmmmm *chin rubs*

I am excited to do both! I figure since this will be my first time running/jogging it would be a fun introduction!! :)
    You should!! :D:D
  • thcri
    Options

Starting next week. I had to wait until my husband was finished with his finals to get done :) I am excited!

That is awesome. Good for you. When starting it is pretty easy and tends to make you think you can do better. Start out easy and don't worry about how far you get in the 30 minutes. Good luck to you
  • kmlt08
    Options

Thanks! I started last night actually and it was great! I do agree though, I got done with the 30 minutes and went, I could do this again....but I didn't! It really was a great introduction!

That is awesome. Good for you. When starting it is pretty easy and tends to make you think you can do better. Start out easy and don't worry about how far you get in the 30 minutes. Good luck to you
  • kmlt08
    Options

Thanks! I started last night actually and it was great! I do agree though, I got done with the 30 minutes and went, I could do this again....but I didn't! It really was a great introduction!

• thcri
    Options
    Awesome. I am glad you started right away.
  • woodsk67
    Options
    Hve not heard of the color run.. Sound slike fun (and need the goal!)
  • kmlt08
    Options
    Awesome. I am glad you started right away.

I did my first week in 4 days! :) 5.79 miles over 3 work outs 90 mins total, burning almost 800 calories! I am looking forward to friday when I can start week 2! :D
    I am glad i did too!
  • kmlt08
    Options
    Hve not heard of the color run.. Sound slike fun (and need the goal!)

I agree it looks like a blast! Plus its not timed, so a fun introduction into doing 5k's! :D
  • alimarieban
    Options
    Hi, I was curious if anyone was doing the 5k Color Run this coming year! Its May 6th 2012 in Minneapolis
    http://thecolorrun.com/minnesota/
    I have never run a 5k before, and even though its a fun run/walk I feel it would be an great introduction to my first 5k.
    I am curious if anyone else has done it, or is thinking about putting together a team to do a group run.

I was just reading over this and it sounds like a BLAST! I found the site but it says the race is July 15th?? What date is it or is it both ?? If I can get myself back up to running again (IT Band problems) then I am IN!
  • Runthismom
    Options
    They changed the date...but I am IN! Me and a few of my Team in Training peeps are planning on forming a team. I CAN"T WAIT! Couch to 5k is good. Listen to your body. I went from couch to half marathon in 5 months...and it was good, but I ended the race with serious IT band issues...so just listen to your body.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this!! I've just started running, and I'm new to MN (moved here the 1st of Jan). So, obviously I haven't met many people yet. I like that its a 'go at your own pace' thing.
  • widrakie
    widrakie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it!! I'm working on setting up my team right now (also doing C25k for the 2nd time) Possibly doing the st pattys day 7k too, not sure, but the Sweatshirts are super cute!! If you want to join a team I can let you know what ours is called once we have a name! :happy:
  • Runthismom
    Options
    I have a team set up: Team Dynamite, it's me and a few of my Team In Training cohorts. Feel free to join if you like, it;s a great way to meet new people. I really, really want to to the Get Lucky 7k...:drinker: And yes the hoodies are super cute...:bigsmile:

ok, yeah Imma go sign up now!!!!!!!!
  • widrakie
    widrakie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a team set up: Team Dynamite, it's me and a few of my Team In Training cohorts. Feel free to join if you like, it;s a great way to meet new people. I really, really want to to the Get Lucky 7k...:drinker: And yes the hoodies are super cute...:bigsmile:

ok, yeah Imma go sign up now!!!!!!!!

I'm going to try and see if I can do 7k this weekend as a test, haven't been running as much since my month trial at lifetime ran out. But i'm going to try and use another trial or maybe brave the outsides!
  • muggs1090
    muggs1090 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I signed up for this 5k. I am finishing w5 of c25k. I am so excited to run this! I have never ran prior to the c25k, so far its going well. I had to slow my roll in the beginning because I was getting shin splints other than that its a great program. I hopping to do another 5k in May.