Dark Green

Options
Dark Green
This is your thread!
Please do not forget to post an introduction to your team here and add your team members.
We officially start 3 weeks from today
Who is excited?!?!?
<3 CJ!

Username Real Name Age Starting Weight
Lelliebugh Lesley 28 292
Lasteadman Lea 22 274
Jaysen05 Jeff 44 247
MsBrwnSugga Kedia 33 230
Terriberry Terri 42 223.4
clairelane1982 Claire 29 214
Thefifthvalue Stephanie 24 206
BoneyEm 25 198.4
Skirby001 Stephanie 30 189
Dalgirly Carine 26 183
sweettandb Tonya 40 176
bump040510 Rebecca 40 171.5
Angelaerogers1 Angela 24 165
Kphenderson Keyona 20 159
GirlAnachronismE Emma 20 152.2
weighloss32 Shirley 32 143.5

Starting Weight as of 11/11/11 3224

Replies

• GirlAnachronismE
    GirlAnachronismE Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just bobbing in to say hello =) I'm Emma, 20, studying Medicine at Nottingham in the UK. I want to have a toned stomach and hit my goal of 9 stone by next summer, when I'm planning to go to the states on a road trip. I'm currently on week 4 of C25K and I do a lot of trampolining, which means I need to work on strengthening my core muscles. I live with my boyfriend and our adopted cat. Don't think there's anything else =D

Hoping we can all support each other to do this. Oh but i do have one question about weight ins. What time zone are we following, or do we just weight in at 10 in our own time zone?
  • boneyEm
    Options
    Hi Im Emma- or BoneyEm just saying hello
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hello Dark Green Team,

My name is Lesley and I am going to be your Team Captain. I am 28 and 292. I have been obese all of my adult life and I have made a promise to my little brother who is a terminal heart patient to get healthy. I have 3 big reasons for me to get this done, First is My promise to my brother, Second is myself. I deserve better than to continue to kill myself with food and essentially that is what I am doing, Third is I will be turning 30 in 2 years and I want to own those years. I have gotten on and off the wagon time and time again. But this is my time. I can and I will be healthy, I will do it the right way.

Now that you know a little about me, I would love to hear your goals, your story. Also, I am asking for suggestions our team name, challenge ideas, and I also need a co-captain.

If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to email me lelliebugh@gmail.com or send me a message on here.

Emma, I am in TN and so as long as I have them between friday and saturday afternoon it is acceptable. That gives at least a 12 hour door for all time differences.

Thanks, Welcome, Cheers, and Happy Losing,
    Lesley :)
  • GirlAnachronismE
    Options
    Oh I forgot to say, I'd be happy to be the co-captain =) i really want to get into this an motivate and support people
  • lelliebugh
    Options
    Emma, you spoke first you are now my partner in crime lol. :smile:
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    My name is Angela I am 5'7 and 24 years old. My whole life I had been in the "healthy range" of about 140 to 150lbs, I was always able to wear a bikini, be comfortable..I used to think that size 11 was HUGE. Then at 19 I was pregnant with my first son, and I gained, oh a good 50lbs or more..I know that at my last weigh in while pregnant..I probably weighed well over 200lbs, but they quit recording it b/c my belly was throwing off the scale, lol. According to my mom, all the woman in our family get HUGE with pregnancy. Anyways, after I had my son, I became very depressed.I was never angry with my son or anything and I was a great mom to him but I absolutely HATED myself. The weight completely changed me. I was about 185lbs for a while. I wish I could go back now and slap my old self, and say "exercise and diet..duh!" but I had always been naturally "healthy", and I never exercised or dieted a day in my (very young) life. Eventually I got around 175 and became comfortable there. I still never really dieted or exercised, I didn't gain and I didn't lose. I didn't really like myself at that weight but I just kind of adjusted at a size 13, and life went on. Then I had our second boy, at age 22, and pregnancy went a lot smoother with him. I still became HUGE (to me) me once again, but after I had him, I felt great. I think it was because I started off a little heavier, so I was used to it, i'm not exactly sure, but I had a ton of energy. I joined a gym, and went on the South Beach Diet. I lost about 30 lbs, and was down to 170, once again, I got comfortable and stopped. I bounced around from a size11 to size 13 since then..and then a few months ago, I stepped on the scale & I was up to my heaviest weight of 185lbs and I knew that ENOUGH was ENOUGH.. That I was ready to be me again. Immediately I did the South Beach Diet because it worked so well for me before, and I lost 10lbs, I also started walking and doing exercise videos. Then I found MFP! I think it has been like 37 days now..I've lost 9lbs since starting..making my total weight loss, since October 7th, 22lbs. I am at 163lbs right now which puts me at an awkward weight. I have never weighed this much, pre pregnancy or post pregnancy...so I'm right in the middle. My goal weight right now is 150, by the time this challenge is over...(pretty much in time for summer).I might want to lose more weight later, or just be toned, I'm not sure all I know is that I want to be comfortable, get rid of my belly fat, I would like to be a comfortable size 9 and I just want to look hot this summer! I know that I prob. will never be in a bikini again (stretch marks and what not) BUT..I would like to wear a sexy swimsuit and fell great this summer!! That is why I want to be a part of this challenge!! I am READY!!! Seriously can't wait!!! Best of luck to EVERYONE! We got this!!!
    xoxo
    Angela =)
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    Hello Dark Green Team,

My name is Lesley and I am going to be your Team Captain. I am 28 and 292. I have been obese all of my adult life and I have made a promise to my little brother who is a terminal heart patient to get healthy. I have 3 big reasons for me to get this done, First is My promise to my brother, Second is myself. I deserve better than to continue to kill myself with food and essentially that is what I am doing, Third is I will be turning 30 in 2 years and I want to own those years. I have gotten on and off the wagon time and time again. But this is my time. I can and I will be healthy, I will do it the right way.

Now that you know a little about me, I would love to hear your goals, your story. Also, I am asking for suggestions our team name, challenge ideas, and I also need a co-captain.

If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to email me lelliebugh@gmail.com or send me a message on here.

Emma, I am in TN and so as long as I have them between friday and saturday afternoon it is acceptable. That gives at least a 12 hour door for all time differences.

Thanks, Welcome, Cheers, and Happy Losing,
    Lesley :)
    Lesley, so as my weigh day is a saturday here in the uk am I ok to give you my weight saturday morning uk time or are you going to want it earlier....
  • lelliebugh
    Options
    I will need them by 6am on the saturday morning. So friday will be fine. My weigh-ins are due by Noon on saturdays. Its a 6hour time difference I believe between here and there.
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    Hello Dark Greens. My name is Claire. I am 29 and live in Essex, England. I have 2 children who are 7 and 3 and live with my lovely Stuart...
    For as long as I can remember I have been over weight. I guess it got critical after having my first child. I gained about 2 stone, which i did manage to lose but never really managed to keep it off. Its been a continual cycle ever since.. Putting on weight, loosing weight, etc....
    I am now in the position where i need to loose at least 80lbs ( i have lost 24 so far). What with being 30 next year its about time I did it for good.....
    I do struggle with the diet especially as my partner doesnt have any weight worries and can eat ehat he likes without gaining a pound, my kids are the same too..... I have to have the strongest will power...

I am looking forward to do this challenge as i think it will be good to work as and with a team where we can all give each other encouragement and keep check on each other. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Claire
    clairelane1982
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    I will need them by 6am on the saturday morning. So friday will be fine. My weigh-ins are due by Noon on saturdays. Its a 6hour time difference I believe between here and there.
    OK, so I will give you my weight on the friday and i guess I will be a week behind as I will weigh the day after i give you my weights.... Not a problem though. As long as i am loosing.
    Claire
  • lelliebugh
    Options
    Works for me. You will loose I have faith in everyone here. :)
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    One last question and I will leave you in peace lesley.. Do we put our weights on this thread??? Or email? Claire
  • lelliebugh
    Options
    Lol its fine. Email or a direct message on mfp would work better so I am not searching thru all the posts and miss someones post.
  • thefifthvalue
    thefifthvalue Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Stephanie, I'm 24, and I'm from a suburb of Chicago. I'm hoping this challenge will help me get out of the "obese" range that I'm in right now (which I've been in since college), and hopefully by summer get me close to my "healthy" range. Excited for this challenge and to get to know all of you!
  • bump040510
    Options
    Hi Team!!!

I'm Rebecca and I'm 40 (I'll be 41 in January), I live in Canada. I'm about 170 right now. I have never struggled with my weight before, but after a difficult pregnancy and delivery 20 months ago, I haven't gotten back to myself. I gained over 50 lbs with my pregnancy and was sick for much of the pregnancy so I am feeling very un-fit.

In addition to the 20 month old, I also have a 16 and a 15 year old. I have spent most of my adult like at about 145lbs. I want to get back there! I was 182lbs about a month ago, when I decided enough is enough. It's time I actually DO something about this weight. I have given myself until June to reach my target. I found MFP and knew that this is the place for me!

Name suggestions: Persistence, endurance, fat shredders, tenacity,?????????
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Well,

Let me introduce myself!!!

I'm Carine, I'm 26 and I've been technically "overweight" for a while now. I do say that with quotations because I do weigh A LOT more than I look.

I am a nurse, I do love what I do, but it does wear on your body after a while. I've been doing this for nearly 5 years now, and I can definitely feel my body is more tired than it used to be. And that's a main reason I want to lose those pounds.

I am a fairly active person, I play hockey twice a week, I did a half marathon this spring, and a few triathlons last year, but this summer I let the exercise slide as life went a bit nutty and ended up back at my parents home. Luckily I didn't gain ALL the 40 lbs I lost after I graduated University.

My goal is to be a size 8-10 US, and to be around 150-160 lbs. At my thinnest I was about 145 lbs but looked very sick (because I had lots of illness at the time too), so I don't want to be unhealthy.

Looking forward to losing lbs with you! I'm dragging my bf along with me too!!! (We are doing our own little challenge). So that will also keep me motivated!! I'd LOVE to just feel amazing and be more healthy, and if a HOT body comes with it --- I won't complain!

Oh yes, and feel free to add me as a friend!!!

GO TEAM DARK ORANGE!!!
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    Well,

I'm Carine, I'm 26 and I've been technically "overweight" for a while now. I do say that with quotations because I do weigh A LOT more than I look.

I am a nurse, I do love what I do, but it does wear on your body after a while. I've been doing this for nearly 5 years now, and I can definitely feel my body is more tired than it used to be. And that's a main reason I want to lose those pounds.

I am a fairly active person, I play hockey twice a week, I did a half marathon this spring, and a few triathlons last year, but this summer I let the exercise slide as life went a bit nutty and ended up back at my parents home. Luckily I didn't gain ALL the 40 lbs I lost after I graduated University.

My goal is to be a size 8-10 US, and to be around 150-160 lbs. At my thinnest I was about 145 lbs but looked very sick (because I had lots of illness at the time too), so I don't want to be unhealthy.

Looking forward to losing lbs with you! I'm dragging my bf along with me too!!! (We are doing our own little challenge). So that will also keep me motivated!! I'd LOVE to just feel amazing and be more healthy, and if a HOT body comes with it --- I won't complain!

GO TEAM DARK ORANGE!!!

Hunny, we are team dark green....lol..
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Hello Team,

My name is Shirley and I live in Phoenix Arizona. I have been using MFP for a little over a year now, I have lost 22lbs but still have about 13lbs to go. I hit a Plateau for most of 2011 and really had a hard time loosing weight even though I kept working out and counting calories. I did not give up when the scale did not move I kept going, I am hoping that by being part of this challenge I can reach my goal weight and finally have a success story.

I have been pretty fit most of life, I was a runner and once trained to run a marathon but due to a knee injury I was not able to run. I gained all of the weight after I got pregnant with my first child and had only started to loose the weight when I got pregnant with my second. I started MFP at 164lbs and it is the heaviest I have ever been without being pregnant.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Well,

GO TEAM DARK GREEN!!!

Hunny, we are team dark green....lol..

Woops!! I was eating an orange at the time of post writing!!! lol.
  • GirlAnachronismE
    Options
    Emma, you spoke first you are now my partner in crime lol. :smile:

Do you need any details etc from me by the way?

And are challenges going to be things like do x amount of sit ups, or thing like burn x amount of calories? I don't mind either way, just need to know what to come up with =)

Team name suggestions (they're not very good...)
    Slimline
    Reduce and Burn
    Less is More
    Willpower

Umm yeh I'm not very creative =P