Pink

Options
Pink Team
This is your thread!
Please do not forget to post an introduction to your team here and add your team members.
We officially start 3 weeks from today
Who is excited?!?!?
<3 CJ

Username Real Name Age Starting Weight
Captain Ranewell Rita 38 262
jdawg1105 Jason 39 280
Lisalamb62 Lisa 49 253.2
TiaraR247 Tiara 30 231.6
Darlalu00 Darlene 45 226
Kferguson32886 Keisha 25 257
Thomsoj05 Jamie 46 207
Vwhite33 Victoria 20 199.6
Lsmithjones LaChonda 39 185
Raquelinatovar Raquel 41 176.4
badgirlstil Nikky 39 172
healthyeater9 22 166
myboysmomx2 Jennifer 42 159
RobynG1986 Robyn 25 153
wendyma1 Wendy 43 146
Hyperspace 52 122
Bbgirl 50 286.6
Rikorb Kristy 28 191

Replies

• ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! A short intro...My name is Rita, I started this lifestyle change almost a year ago (January 1!). In that time I've lost 63 lbs, lowered my cholesterol and BP AND stopped snoring!! I still have a really long way to go, but I kept my resolution this year, and in the New Year I will be dedicated to focus even more on healthy eating ("Clean eating" may be too ambitious at this point, however I will strive for Cleaner eating and work on getting in more veggies and seriously minimizing even moreso processed white flour and sugar). I am also looking forward to joining Planet Fitness, as my Christmas present to myself and step up my workouts. I have been up and down with the same 4 lbs for the last 3 months (between 260-264) and I'm ready to bust that!

Also, we do need to vote on a team name, so I think the most fair way to do this would be to take suggestions and then vote on those...Thoughts on this??

Please don't forget to add your fellow team mates! Can't wait to get started!!!
  • thompsoj05
    thompsoj05 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Could you please change my Username to Thompsoj05. It was missing the "p" before. Thanks.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am Melanie. I have lost weight then put some back on so I am using this challenge for some motivation to lose the weight again to get ready for next summer!! I have joined a new gym a few months ago and really liking it too!! I have also hit a plateau as well so hoping this challenge will help out with this.

For a name, what do you think about Pink Panthers?? Just a suggestion.

Go Pink!!

Melanie
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello....my name is Raquel. i have been here close to 3 months. i gained some weight over thanksgiving but i've lost that amount plus a little more. i have been doing 30DS and riding my exercise bike regularly. recetly, i got the buns and thighs to start doing.

i'm looking forward to working with you to lose more weight !!! :flowerforyou:
  • Lsmithjones
    Lsmithjones Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello pink team,, my name is LaChonda and i'm very excited about this challenge. my goal is too lose at least 40 pounds before the spring rolls back around.
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    hey pink team!! this is so fun and I am so pumped for this challenge... can you guys all add me please. i am in school right now studying and feeling guilty to even be typing this post as I'm 'wasting time' lol!!!

newho, HIIII my name is Robyn. I hope to lose about 23 lbs, not necessarily in this challenge but I want to work hard to help the team out. I'm 25, from Trinidad but currently studying in Barbados.
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey Pink Peeps!! All I can say is WOW!!! I had no idea what I was getting myself into. This is a quite a challenge!! I will not let you down!! This is great!
    My name is SK & I am ready to rock this challenge!!! I have been on MFP for awhile but not 100% committed. This challenge is just the kick in the pants I need.
    Good Luck to ALL color teams!
    Let's go Pink!!
    "Pink Power!" "Think Pink!" & all that good stuff!!
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey Pink Team...Nice to meet you all :smile: My name is Darla, I have been on MFP for about 4 months. I've lost 54lbs, but I still have have about 95 more to lose. I have a treadmill and a stationary bike that I use daily! I thought this challenge would be a great way to stay motivated. I'm excited about this challenge, I can't wait to start...Go Pink Team!!!
  • TIARAR247
    TIARAR247 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Tiara. I am ready for this challenge with each and every one of you. We all have the same goal in mind and thats to lose the weight. Can't wait!!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    hey everyone...glad to be on pink team as its my favorite color :D

Im 22 (will be 23 in a month) and this summer was a big eye opener for me on how I REALLY need to lose the weight. Ive completed my first 5k in Oct and my first 8k in Nov...now I need to start losing the weight so I can get faster. Not gonna lie my body is nauturally slow at losing weight (sorry :/) but I did lose 7 pounds these past couple of months with another biggest loser competition

everyone add me :)
    cant wait for this to begin
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi teammates! My name is Jennifer, I'm 42 years old, and I've been on MFP for nearly 10 months now. Thanks to MFP and consistent exercise, I've lost 45 pounds, 10% Body Fat, and I went from a very tight size 16 (about to have to move up to an 18) to a Size 10 and 12. I went from being considered “Overweight” to “Healthy.” I still have work to do to get toned arms, legs, and a flat tummy back. For the last three months, I've been frustrated with a plateau but it seems to be breaking now (hopefully!). So...this is a very welcome challenge to help me to get bathing suit ready for the summer of 2012. I look forward to getting to know each of you as we work hard to reach our goals together! GO TEAM PINK!

♥♥♥ Jennifer

You can read my blog here which includes before and current pic's: http://www.transformingabetterme.blogspot.com/
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am Melanie. I have lost weight then put some back on so I am using this challenge for some motivation to lose the weight again to get ready for next summer!! I have joined a new gym a few months ago and really liking it too!! I have also hit a plateau as well so hoping this challenge will help out with this.

Go Pink!!

Melanie

I like your suggestion of "Pink Panthers" as a team name. LOL!
  • thompsoj05
    thompsoj05 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Jamie. Been on MFP since August. Just started doing challenges in October and love it because they increase my motivation. Here's to the PINK team!
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Go Pink!!

Melanie

I like the Pink Panthers too!!!
  • ranewell
    Options
    We have a GREAT group of people! Can't wait to get to know you all better and do this!

Pink Panthers is a great name!!! I'll take other suggestions as well throughout the week, and then vote, unless everyone votes we go with Pink Panthers!!! Weigh in, Pink!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Even though I am not on your team anymore, you can still have the name Pink Panthers if that is the name you guys choose.

Good luck to you all!!
  • kferguson32886
    Options
    hi im new to the team kferguson keshia 257lbs
  • ranewell
    Options
    OK Team Mates, I need a Team Co-Captain!! Anyone interested please inbox me!!!

Co-Captain agrees to be available to take over if I am gone for a while or (heaven forbid!!!) I need to step out of the challenge. Please refer to the Captains thread on the group page for details on Captain responsibilities. Thanks in advance!!!
  • ranewell
    Options
    Team Mates: I would like input from members in regards to the type of challenges you would like to see for group challenges. Obviously, I can't please everyone every week...but this is a lifestyle change, and as we move toward being healthier, some of it will certainly take us out of our comfort zone! That being said, I would like to give everyone an opportunity to have a voice! Challenges will be both physical and nutritional in nature. Thanks in advance!!!

GO PINK!
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I for 1 would like to see more nutritional challenges like adding a min of fruit per day (i don't eat fruit at all) or a min of water, min of sugar.

hmmm what else... maybe exercise wise we cud do like a number of miles a week or min of minutes in the gym.

lifestyle wise we could do like a min of hours sleep, less buying fast food.

just a few suggestions. I just want to be challenged! hehehehe