Purple

Options
13»

Replies

• kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Please cast your votes for the team name.

I also need to have everyone's *new* starting weight by next wednesday so I can update the spreadsheet. If I do not receive your starting weight I will leave it as it is on the spreadsheet. Also, if you do not check in with me, I will assume you do not want to be in the challenge, and you will be replaced. Everyone please continue to check in.
    Thanks for all the hard work of my co-captain :) She is the best!

Any input on challenges will be great too! I will start on the blog asap and let you guys know where you can find it.
    So will weigh ins be on Wednesday then?

Our first weigh in isn't until January 13th (Friday) but in order for me to get everything on time, I'm asking for the start weights to be given to me by Wednesday or Thursday (Dec 28 or Dec 29) so when the challenge starts in January we will have the updated weights on the spreadsheet.
    Since the spreadsheet needs to be updated on Fridays when the challenge starts, I will need each week to be this way. So, if you want to weigh in on Wednesdays and report the weight to me, that will be fine. My personal weigh in day is Monday, so I will just use my "Monday weight" for that week on the spreadsheet. Make sense? I'm not too good with explanations lol

hahahaha, yes makes sense. My WI day is usually on Fridays so I'll have to figure out what I want to do:)
  • myshell26
    Options
    Hey guys!
    We have a tie between 2 names: Grape Expectations and Purple People (Healthy) Eaters! Each received 5 votes!

I have made a Round 2 Survey to vote between these two.. I will check it first thing tomorrow morning and we will submit whichever has a higher vote to CJ (the organizer) tomorrow.

http://www.surveybuilder.com/s/JyaIakmhYAA?source_id=3&source_type=web

thanks!! =)

Anyone have ideas for challenge #1?
    I have a some-what boring video that is about 10 minutes worth of exercise that is good for beginners and more advanced people as well. I'm definitely for helping out with fitness challenges but I will need all your guys' support when it comes to nutrition challenges as that is where I *struggle!* thanks,
    Co-capt, Kerri

My vote is in. How about a miles walked challenge to begin with? The 10 minute video would be fine as well. I'll think on it and see if I can help provide any ideas. : )
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Ya! We can definitely start with a basic challenge, like miles or even calories burned. Are we alll going to give ourselves a goal or is a group one for everyone to follow? For example, I currently aim for 3500 cals burned a week but I also have been doing this for a year so I'm realistic to think that not everyone will have this high of a goal. What do we think! I'm open and I want everyone to feel comfortable and most importantly have SUCCESS! if someone told me I had to burn 5000 calories a week I'd quit. So let's be real with ourselves and our abilities.

The more I think about it, I think a miles/cals challenge every week should be a staple for us. It will always keep us motivated.. THEN we can also add in quick, fun little physical challenges like the videos, etc. I have a lot of 5 exercise plans (like 5 upper body weight exercise programs, 5 lower body, 5 total body, etc.)

UPdate on the vote, there's been 8 votes casted and it's 5 to 3 healthy eaters to grape.
  • myshell26
    Options
    Oh! I thought of something. It's just a simple thing I think most of us take for granted. How about a mindful eating challenge? Meaning no watching tv, playing games, talking on the phone while eating. Most people tend to over eat because they aren't 100% focused on their meal. So... how about if we do a week of mindful eating?
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh! I thought of something. It's just a simple thing I think most of us take for granted. How about a mindful eating challenge? Meaning no watching tv, playing games, talking on the phone while eating. Most people tend to over eat because they aren't 100% focused on their meal. So... how about if we do a week of mindful eating?
    THis just might be perfect! I am the worst at this. Since it is just me and DH now we are so guilty of eating in front of the TV, we hardly sit at the dining room table anymore.
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    I love this challenge!!! My husband is over seas so I find myself every night eating dinner alone on the couch watching tv. Ugh! I think this would be a great challenge. I need to get back in the habit of eating at the table.
  • basenji
    basenji Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Love that idea!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    purpleteam-1.png
    (turning it was the only way to include all the info, lol)

I hope this works so everyone can see the results of the vote! I will message CJ! :)

I'm so looking forward to starting this challenge!!!!!!!!!!
  • ktjones3
    Options
    I created a private group and added everyone. If you did not receive an invite, please let me know.
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I created a private group and added everyone. If you did not receive an invite, please let me know.

Hello! I was just added to the Purple Team today (very excited!) so I did not receive the invite. Will you please send it my way?

A little about me...

My name is Kristin and I'm 30 years old. Over the last 2 1/2 years I went from weighing 120 lbs to 153 lbs (my highest). I had returned back home and found myself going out every night and going out to eat regularly. My goal is to get back to the 120s the healthy way. Exercising isn't so much a challenge for me, but monitoring what I put into my body is! I love junk food and am working on breaking that habit. I try to work out 5 days a week and relax on the weekends, but I'm always up for an adventure and love fun activities like climbing, horseback riding, kayaking.

Can't wait to get this started!! Bikini Body here I come!!!
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been M.I.A. my youngest was bit by a spider and I've spent the last 3 weeks in the Childrens Hospital with him. If I'm still a part of team Purple it would be great.
  • WarriorJayne
    Options
    Holy crap love! Hope hes okay.

Msg ktjones3 and let her know, we've all moved over to our private group.