Triggering?

Options
I'm just feeling very alone in my recovery at the moment.

My ex was the one who helped me begin to get better. And now that I don't have that support anymore or motivation or encouragement to get better it's very hard.

Replies

• veggie_1200
    Options
    I feel the same...I've relapsed a couple of times and I really didn't think that was going to happen when I started recovery...but then again I haven't really gotten much professional help. Maybe that's what's missing?
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    i think you get to a point where you really KNOW if you want recovery or not. i have been doing this for 15 years (first anorexia, then bulimia and now binge eating), been through inpatient and outpatient treatment... and up until 8 weeks ago I have never really FULLY implemented what needed to be done to overcome this horrible affliction. sure i did a few pieces here and there. but i still challenged some of the other bits and pieces. in particular for me "normalized eating", keeping food stocked in the fridge, and eating around people. it's REALLY hard. so hard. but if you are just in the beginning of this journey the best advice i can give you is to not let it go too far. the longer you are engaged in it the harder it is to stop. recovery rates from eating disorders are really low. if you haven't looked for professional treatment, you really should. the tools you will gain will help you overcome it. but the first step is YOU. you have to WANT it. for real.