Day One of my Journey

Options
Hi

Well, I'm 5'1" and weight 245 pounds. There I've admitted it in "public". I'm going to lose 100 or so pounds over the next year or so.
I need some help...friends and encouragement would be most welcome.

I'm a 48 year old mom of two wonderful teenage boys ( 15 1/2 (its important cause now he can learn to drive) and a 17 yr old who is driving ) and a dog and couple of cats. I work as computer analysis and no surprise I spend most of my time sitting at my desk and then after work I'm driving the kids ( well one now ) around to sports or ROTC drills, so again a lot of sitting around not doing anything. I recognize the cause of my weight issues, just can't solve this on my own.

Lucky for me I'm still able to move around ok, although I tire easily -- docs' all say "lose weight" and you'll feel better, I say " No kidding ! ". I'm pre hypertensive ( high blood pressure) and that was the moment when I said this has got to stop ! I have big plans for the future < LOL >.

So I'm looking forward to meeting you folks and hope that I can do half as well as the success stories I'm reading about.

Bonnie

Replies

• SandraD89
    Options
    You can do anything you put your mind to mama. Have faith in yourself the first step is always the hardest.
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. Just know you can do it! And as hard as it may seem at first...it does get easier. Someday's you'll want to quit, but push on, and it'll get easier.

Good luck and hopefully you've made a good start on your journey. Feel free to add me if you like.