Weekly Weigh-in for December 12/11 - 12/ 17

Options
olivia3263
olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
Hey all - hope you're having a good week! I have taken a few days off - including stepping on the scale - just needed to for the weekend - sometimes, ya just need a break, you know? I'm back to logging tomorrow and I'll be weighing in next week. Hope everyone's doing well.

Just a side note - I think the pressure of being the face of this new method - or whatever it is - kinda got to me. Suddenly the pressure of losing weight was not only just for myself wanting to lose those last pounds, but also because this method has taken off and I guess I felt pressure for it to work as proof of it's validity. I think this added pressure was too much for me and it backfired a little. I took a little breather and I feel better about things. I learned that I need to take all this a little less seriously, and I need to let myself indulge every once in a while because I don't respond well to indefinite restriction. It's about balance - I think I aimed for a deficit that was too high and I put too much pressure on myself. I want to be able to listen to my body more - my goal for this week is to eat during the day without planning and then add the calories at the end of the day. I've been accustomed to planning my days in advance and while that's helpful, I'm feeling pressure to stick to my plans and feel bad if I stray from them. I'm going to eat by how I feel and hopefully I'll be under my maintenance most days - but if I'm not, I'm not going to beat myself up for it. What will be will be.

Replies

• aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You've helped SO many people and just know this...I totally understand the pressure part of this. I'm a typical "first born high achiever" that feels pressure for lots of different reasons ...90% of it at least is pressure I put on myself. I also beat myself up when I stray and that's something I've really had to work on...being flexible. Just know that we are thankful for something new to TRY....no pressure on you if It doesn't work...all our bodies are different so we may respond differently but you gave us at least another idea and that's what people are hunting for on this site all day "new ideas". You gave us permission to "eat" more and motivation to move more and helped us work towards a better relationship with food. Seems like the people here have wanted to try this for a while and see what happens. If it's not the solution for some they'll move on to something for them that works better. Thanks so much for everything you've done on here...and good for you for takin a deserved break!!
    Aspen
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    Funny...that's kind of what I feel like doing now too. I was just thinking this morning, "I'm not really following Olivia's Method anymore..." Plus, I plan to start P90X back up tomorrow and while I don't have the book that goes with it to see exactly how many calories I'm supposed to be eating, I'm quite sure that with all the muscle building, I'm not really supposed to be trying to be UNDER maintenance, or at least not much under. So I guess I will just kind of listen to my body and watch how things go too. I know what I should and shouldn't eat! And yeah, I totally blew it this weekend but I still don't feel too badly about it!! When I started back on MFP in September, I spent the first three weekends just eating like CRAP ALL weekend and not even bothering to log it all! I still managed to lose weight; in fact, I might have lost more BECAUSE I ate a ton on the weekends after watching so closely all week! I just don't stress this much.

Have a GREAT week, Olivia, and I hope you see a good loss when you weigh in next week! :)
  • nursenelson
    Options
    You've helped SO many people and just know this...I totally understand the pressure part of this. I'm a typical "first born high achiever" that feels pressure for lots of different reasons ...90% of it at least is pressure I put on myself. I also beat myself up when I stray and that's something I've really had to work on...being flexible. Just know that we are thankful for something new to TRY....no pressure on you if It doesn't work...all our bodies are different so we may respond differently but you gave us at least another idea and that's what people are hunting for on this site all day "new ideas". You gave us permission to "eat" more and motivation to move more and helped us work towards a better relationship with food. Seems like the people here have wanted to try this for a while and see what happens. If it's not the solution for some they'll move on to something for them that works better. Thanks so much for everything you've done on here...and good for you for takin a deserved break!!
    Aspen

WOW ^^^^^^^^^^ EXACTLY WHAT SHE SAID!!! ( I swear Aspen, you took the words right outta my mouth) hehe
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Don't feel pressured. This is about normal people with normal lives and normal struggles and it's comforting to see that everyone else is going through the same stuff. If you stall or plateau I think it'll actually help us to stay sane.

BTW - just seeing your exercise diary is motivational :)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Aspen

AMEN SISTA!!! I feel the same way too!! Thanks Olivia~ you've changed a LOT of our perspectives and perhaps have contributed to our success more than any other thing we've tried!

And, you, of all people, should know it's OK to have to take a break from time to time~ GOOD for you for giving YOURSELF permission to do that!!
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ditto to all the above!!! So far this is helping me see exactly how much weight I should be losing each week with my calories remaining, instead of playing a guessing game.
  • regthelittleone
    Options
    I must agree with all the other beautiful ladies!!! I'm up this week, but I understand that this is not a miracle and it's going to take time.( although I must say I'm always frustrated, so some of you know LOL). I love just having to watch the GREEN number, It makes things sooo much easier for me & alot less guessing( which is a total stress reliever for me- whew!!)
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Funny...that's kind of what I feel like doing now too. I was just thinking this morning, "I'm not really following Olivia's Method anymore..." Plus, I plan to start P90X back up tomorrow and while I don't have the book that goes with it to see exactly how many calories I'm supposed to be eating, I'm quite sure that with all the muscle building, I'm not really supposed to be trying to be UNDER maintenance, or at least not much under. So I guess I will just kind of listen to my body and watch how things go too. I know what I should and shouldn't eat! And yeah, I totally blew it this weekend but I still don't feel too badly about it!! When I started back on MFP in September, I spent the first three weekends just eating like CRAP ALL weekend and not even bothering to log it all! I still managed to lose weight; in fact, I might have lost more BECAUSE I ate a ton on the weekends after watching so closely all week! I just don't stress this much.

Have a GREAT week, Olivia, and I hope you see a good loss when you weigh in next week! :)

You can google the book online. It's available in PDF. Just type Elite Nutrition Insanity PDF
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Well....I had some great success last week, but I think because I was trying something new I was uber strict and it got to me as well. So, come this weekend, one drink led to a few, and one cheat meal led to several. Needless to say I've been off the wagon since Friday and just putting my big girl chonies back on today. Not happy to say I put on 4 pounds since Friday (only 3 from a week ago today), but it's a fact. Not contributing it to this method though, that's for sure.
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.5 since last Monday! I'm afraid it's all uphill from here....holiday parties...gulp!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with Aspen!! I am technically up 0.2 pounds this week, but this is no reflection on you or your method. Weight will naturally fluctuate... this week it is likely water retention either due to AF or eating too much sodium in conjunction with not drinking enough water. It *will* fall back off. One week is NOT enough for anyone to test any particular way of doing things. If it doesn't end up working for me, I just go back to the old way, and that's that! It is no reflection on you at all!
  • Becca619
    Becca619 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your method Olivia :)

From last Monday to this morning I am down 2.5 pounds :)
  • aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    We seem to all be on the same page :) I had a good week and felt a lot more satisfied than trying to cling to 1200 calories. Tomorrow is my birthday and I love knowing how to squeeze in a dinner out and hopefully a cupcake ...and knowing I can add some extra exercise calories to still get the deficit I want :) I was 148 last monday and am 146.6 today :) happy about 1.4 lbs. I will log again next Monday. My period is also due that day so it should be interesting!
    Aspen
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I agree. I put too much pressure on getting a high green number and for me that would mean basically being hungry. So I tried saying to myself no more than 500 cal in green on excercise days and about 250 cal in green on rest days. I had dropped weight from 114.4 to 112.4 fast then it's back up to 115. I didnt eat real different but more food had more sodium than I'm used to soooo.....I am really concentrating on body fat so I dont mind the scale going up but I do mind the flopping fat on my stomach area. I am losing inches on my back, chest and other areas but actually put on another .5" (1") in two ab areas. :( Since I was and am still eating good and excecising not sure why that happened. Just really frustrating and depressing. :sad:
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Aspen

Also ditto this!!! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • sunnydays33
    sunnydays33 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Down 1.4 lbs this week...I weigh on Sundays!
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well I was up a pound this week. Stayed in the green last week, except for one day. I was just a little in the red. From my calculations I should of lost about 1.5 pounds. I think I am retaining water from sodium. I have had a few cans of soup and I know how much sodium they contain. So I need to lay off of those. I just love this method and I will continue with it!
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Lost 0.4 pounds which I am not disappointed with because it's finals week and I am a stress eater. Plus, it's been the first two days I haven't exercised in 70 days.

I love this method but sometimes I eat more because i know i am not going to see red. I have to work on that. Just thankful I am off the plateau.
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Down 3 pounds within a week of changing my diary settings (started on 8th Dec)

And I only had 2 lbs loss in the entire 30 days before that. I think its coming off nicely now :)
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started tracking with Olivia's method on the 1st of Dec...
    Finally dropped under 204.6 which I had been stuck at for a couple of weeks... I dropped to 201.6 and then...

This week was back at 202.4.... it is frustrating... but I know where I screwed my week up!!! That green number showing the net weekly total dropped way too much when I went out on last Saturday and consumed way to many calories... =( This coming weekend, I will not screw up my weeks worth of good daily efforts to lose weight!!!

I want to be under 200lbs so bad!!! This feels like the biggest pound ever! lol... Just gotta keep my Eye on the One-Der-Land Prize!!!! :wink: I will get there!! Oh Yes!!!

Olivia- Please don't feel any extra pressure!!! You just gave us all a new exciting way to rev up our daily calorie counting routine!!! YOU ROCK!!!:flowerforyou: