Where In the Philly Area do you live?

Options

Replies

• TChester_05
    TChester_05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I grew up on the eastern shore of MD but bought a house in the Olney section about a year ago near Rising Sun and Olney Ave. As most of you have mentioned this section like most of the city these days is a little scary especially now that its getting to be summertime. Compared to the cows and cornfields I grew up with this is bananas! I work in Blue Bell and love the area however my mortgage pricing is almost to good to move anywhere quite yet :)

12450620.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I live in Broomall now but will be moving into the city proper this August. Any suggestions for places to live that are close to major roads, safe, younger crowd, and appreciating in value. Please don't tell me Manayunk.
  • Devolucien
    Devolucien Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I live out in the Western suburbs (422 corridor) outside Philadelphia. If anyone else is closeby and would like to workout together or set up something, let me know!

Thanks!
  • vickijank
    vickijank Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I live in Bensalem in Bucks County, have been here about 10 years. Used to live in Montgomery Co for 16 years in Wyndmoor and Chestnut Hill.

Bensalem is a nice central location, has an incredible variety of neighborhoods, and also has a lot of mountain biking trails that I use as running trails. Tyler State Park has an awesome network of riding and walking trails, it's a real treasure right next to Newtown, only 15 minutes away.

I like it here, can you tell? :flowerforyou:

Tyler is my favorite park! I just got done a 7.4 miles walk there. If you don't mind the drive, Peace Valley Park in Doylestown is awesome too. There is nice walking trail that goes all the way around Lake Galena.
  • ItIsJessMe
    ItIsJessMe Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi all, new here! I'm in Center City, close to South Philly. Moved from NYC 11 years ago and have loved every minute.
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I heard about your walk, had no idea it was 7+ miles! Your mother says you nearly killed her....

Hi Vicki, I work with your mom,and you and I have met at the anniversary party you guys threw her and your father. She's the BEST. :-)

I'll check out the Lake Galena trail, I am always up for a new walking/jogging excursion. Do you jog or run?
  • jlove720
    jlove720 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Logan/Olney section of the city. About 5-8 minutes frmo Broad and Olney off of 5th street.
  • MNPierce80
    MNPierce80 Posts: 21
    Options
    Allegheny West Section of North Philly. I mainly use the andorra la fitness
  • Shayna6347
    Shayna6347 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in West Chester, PA
  • jarettk
    jarettk Posts: 1
    Options
    Pottstown PA. (Due work I practically live on 422/76, in my car all over the place)
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am in Northampton County (the very corner of what I would consider the Philly-area) and work in (and for) Lehigh County.
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    right near the franklin institute and the barnes :)
  • CoffeeJunkieMann
    CoffeeJunkieMann Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Originally from Frankford, Now live in Langhorne in Lower Bucks County.
  • Pea728
    Pea728 Posts: 3
    Options
    University City born and raised. I seen the neigborhood make many changes over the years. Some good some, not so good. Happy to say mostly good.
  • CoffeeJunkieMann
    CoffeeJunkieMann Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I live in bucks county..bristol/bensalem/levittown area. It's alright here..pretty quiet not much to do but i get around as much as I can :)
    Tyler State Park has some great walking trails. I need to get there more
    Oops, I see this was talked about earlier

Pea, I work in UC. If I ever HAD to move into the City, I'd think I'd pick UC
  • burkblondie
    burkblondie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I live in Mongomery County in Gilbertsville/Boyertown (close to Pottstown) and is about 50 miles from Philly. It's a very friendly area with a great shcool district!
  • mmoran3333
    mmoran3333 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Limerick PA and its great!
  • Guerrillascribe
    Options
    I'm in Elkins Park though we tend to spend time in Glenside, particularly up on the Keswick high street. Moved here two years ago or so after nearly a decade living in Europe.
  • anie8989
    anie8989 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in Chester County. My address is honey brook, but I don't even live in the town, I'm closer to the Downingtown/ Coatesville area. :)
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm from Delco, but live in Chester County West Chester area now.