Nail Talk

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Has anyone found a REALLY good nail polish remover??? I usually just buy the grocery store brand and it seems to take forever to remove nail polish!

Which is ironic since it chips so easily. :grumble:

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I use Cutex, either the Nourishing or Strengthening. One thing that helps (I read this somewhere but forget where): when you first apply the nail polish remover, hold it against the nail for about 10 seconds to let it start to dissolve before you start wiping at the nail.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i came across one while using it to soak off gel polish. its the gelish harmony soak off nail polish remover (puprle/pink liquid). u can get it online or at sally's beauty supply. the bottle is like $5 for a small bottle but it lasts me forever (6months). u only use a little bit and its nourishing so it dries out ur nails and it removes even the toughest colors quickly (like red). lemme know if u decide to try it and how u like it :)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    lets talk about nails! anyone found really good nail polish that really lasts more than a day or two before chipping?
    I've been using gel manicures a lot but they are pricey, i want a regular nai polish that will atleast last me throught the week :)

suggestions?

or maybe a good basecoat/top coat that you can use on your regular nailpolish to make it last longer?

i've heard a lot about seche vite but i think its just ok.