Options
UrbanRunner81
UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
What's new this week?

Replies

• skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    Nothing much new. Last week before taper starts so 13 today and 26 tomorrow. I've really been slacking off on shorter runs and cross-training, so I will hopefully pick that back up next week.
  • biobreak
    biobreak Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Had to skip my long run this past weekend due to a 24-hour stomach bug I had on Th/Fri. I've never had one of those before, and would really like never to have another! Ugh.

The plan for this week is 4.5 yesterday, 4.5 today (with 1st mile in VFFs), 6 on Thurs and a 5-mile race on Saturday. It's the Celtic Solstice 5 miler in Baltimore, and it's a terrific race, with bagpipers, lots of runners in kilts, and fabulous cookies and MULLED WINE at the finish. Good times!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Monday - Gym: Check
    Wednesday - Club run: Check (Hills - arrgggg - that was hard)
    Thursday - Rollering (self massage). THIS IS NOT RUDE ;)
    Saturday - Short bike ride? (weather permitting)
    Sunday - Stanwick Half Marathon (treating as a long steady at 8 minute miles. - Raced a half last weekend and don't want to injure anything). My goal for this is to be as consistent with my pace as possible - I normally start and end hot and lag in the middle. Seeing as my slowest 1 mile split last week was 8 minute miles and over average pace was 7:36 and my last 3 miles were under 7, this should be quite easy - but mentally it will be challenging to ignore the people around me and run my own race.
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Monday- 14 miles and zumba: check

Tuesday- 7 Miles; check

Wednesday - zumba; Check

Thursday; Fast 4 miles

Friday; Tempo 7 miles

Saturday; Fast 3.5 miles

Sunday; short run with dog.

Try desperately to train my dog so sundays run is likely to only be around 3 miles at 10 minute mile pace. He's a gun dog, he's supposed to run but doesn't like much more than a gentle trot, unless there's a bird in sight!

How're you all coping with the cold weather?
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I've decided I'm the biggest idiot out here :) So on Tuesday, I ran my training schedule on intervals. 2x1200 at 6:11 and 4x800... I calculate MPM into MPH for the treadmill. Well, I didn't think it thru clearly - I learned my lesson and SO know now what I did wrong. But I used the 6:11 as MPM not per 1200 to calculate. I couldn't go fast enough to get to 6:11, my legs just aren't that fast. So I did these intervals at 6:45 MPM, or 9 MPH! Well after completing them, nearly dead, I thought it through and these should have been at 7.5 MPH - no 9!

Lesson so learned. I wasn't as sore the next day, but did invest the time on the online calculator to convert properly all runs in the future :)

Tempo run tonight! Biking tomorrow - and a Fun Run 5K with my 12 yo on Saturday, pushing my long run to Sunday instead.
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wrapped up Honolulu, so now I am acclimated to 80 degree weather, should be interesting to run again in 35 degrees. Changing tactics to "Run Fast, Run Less" as I am missing my bike.
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It has been awhile since I've checked in here! However, I am still running, as usual. I have not done a "long" run in a bit - that is anything over 10K. Last one was last month - 18K.

I started using runkeeper almost one year ago (got my iPhone for Christmas last year) and have kept track of every run since then. To date I have 1318 Km. Today was a shortie 6K.

I do find it hard this time of year, seems my main focus is trying to get ready for Chrismtas. I still run, but seems like I have to make myself get out there whereas normally I can't wait. Hopefully I can get some longer stuff going after the holidays.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Completed Stanwick in 1h43m50s - steady pace as planned.

Slept all afternoon :)
  • mlb929
    Options
    Wrapped up Honolulu, so now I am acclimated to 80 degree weather, should be interesting to run again in 35 degrees. Changing tactics to "Run Fast, Run Less" as I am missing my bike.

This is the plan I'm presently using. I'm really excited about it. My next half is in 10 weeks, and I"m cruising right along. I'm also enjoying the biking as cross training. As well as I'm doing P90X2.
  • mlb929
    Options
    I have the stomach flu and have missed my intervals drill this week, today is my tempo run, I tried this AM, but just felt week and not safe pushing that hard. Hopefully this clears up quickly. I opted for Yoga only and kept things lower key for today. 12 mile run planned for Saturday.