question???

Options
Jessica - It;s Pam again. Have you ordered from PKU Perspectives online? ILooking at their website there are several items from country sunrise I'm thinking about ordering to try. Are you familiar with the omllet (imitation egg), the southwest burgers, or imitation chicken patties? If so, would you reccomend them? Also, when you order from sites other than Cambrooke foods do you purchase the food and are then reimbursed or how does it work with insurance? Thanks- this is still very new to me.

Replies

• geminigirl1979
    geminigirl1979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have never ordered from PKU Perspectives. I do happen to have some of their samples on hand, just because I picked them up at the PKU Holiday Party on Saturday, but haven't ahd the opportunity to try them yet. With insurance, I only sometimes get reimbursed from companies other than Cambrooke. But yes, I pay up front, then submit my claims. I know that my insurance provider needs the tax ID number from each provider. I have those for most of the low-pro companies if you find you need them. Unfortunately even our metabolic dietitian didn't have the tax ID number for PKU Perspectives. I'm sure they could give it to you though if you called their billing department.
  • ppenrose
    Options
    Thanks Jessica- I plan on talking to my metabolic dietician in the next couple of days. She is pretty familiar with PKU Perspectives from what I understand from my genetic counselor. I like the idea of PKU Perspectives because for one thing they do offer the sample packs, which are a good idea. That way if you do not like something you haven't wasted alot of money on something that you won't eat.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Jessica - It;s Pam again. Have you ordered from PKU Perspectives online? ILooking at their website there are several items from country sunrise I'm thinking about ordering to try. Are you familiar with the omllet (imitation egg), the southwest burgers, or imitation chicken patties? If so, would you reccomend them? Also, when you order from sites other than Cambrooke foods do you purchase the food and are then reimbursed or how does it work with insurance? Thanks- this is still very new to me.

they served some country sunrise foods at the MSUD symposium, like the omlette. I was not a fan then and I'm sure I won't be in 2 weeks (at the next symposium)