Checking in....How is everyone doing?

Options
I am doing ok this week. I had a couple of rough weeks. I have now lost 4 pounds since using this website and 62lbs since I started my journey.

How is everyone else doing?

Tina:smile:

Replies

• RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    HI Tina!

I am doing ok. I am hoping to exercise today. My left leg hurts for some reason.

but over all, I'm doing great:) Think I want to dance to Michael Jackson Experience.

Ronney
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Have the holidays taken a toll on everyone, or is it just me???lol The decorating, cooking, carrying boxes full of stuff, shopping, wrapping, it was alot. I guess we all survived tho, so there is something good I guess. If you live in a cold climate,PA,like I do, winter is going to be hard, but,it will make us stronger,everytime we get thru these tough challenges. I won't let this fibro crap define who I am, how about you?
  • greybeh
    greybeh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I live in PA, too. I'm in limbo when it comes to my health status, but I'm happy for that. I was diagnosed with Fibro in 2007, but was then diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2011. With better sleep, my fibro symptoms have settled but not completely disappeared. I traveled for Christmas/New Year's and still don't have my things completely unpacked. It will happen in time. I just got a Fitbit, which is a fancy pedometer that you can use to monitor how active you are when you're sleeping, too. I guess tossing and turning and potential wake-ups. Also waiting for a Zeo sleep monitor to come in the mail. My problem right now is impulse buys... LOL! But I care about my health and am hoping these gadgets will give me insight that will help me feel much better and help my sleep doc see what my remaining issues may be!
  • RILEYRED
    Options
    Good luck greybeth, with your gadgets, I truly hope they help. Why do we live in PA and not in Hawaii??hahaha
  • greybeh
    greybeh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you figure that one out, let me know! ;)

I was just thinking of what a pain it is to have to have clothes for every season... I'd be GLAD to do away with having to buy a winter coat and boots....

*just dreaming*
  • Walawender33
    Walawender33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have not had a good week. I have an appointment with my orthopedic doctor on thursday though so hopefully we can get this under control
  • RILEYRED
    Options
    WALAWENDER,sorry you are having a bad week. It's been bad for me too, I live in cold climate, and the cold, dampness is just doing me in. I go to doctor next Tuesday. Keep moving, and believe me, I hate when people say that, but I sat for about 2 hours this morning, and when I got out of my chair, I could barely straighten up, and I'm in alot of pain. So, I am off to take my dogs for a walk, in the cold, but I know the walk will help. Good luck, I hope your doctor can help. You aren't alone.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Nice to see this group growing! I'm having a pretty good week so far. I did a little over an hour on the treadmill yesterday (yay for me!). It was my first time on a treadmill and it was so much easier on my joints then pounding the pavement! I will definitely be keeping that part of my exercise up! I didn't realize that the dipping and slanting side walks were what was flaring my hip so badly. Glad to keep walking for cardio =)

I'm part of a challenge group...exercise for this week is push ups which are impossible for me with arthritis in my hands and wrists. So it's a little frustrating to have these challenges that I can't do at all! But on the plus side...I've been doing a lot more strength circuits and they are tough but getting a little easier. I'm pretty happy with my progress so far and hoping to be down quite a bit more before I go to the rheumy. With any luck I can avoid the DMARDs a little bit longer =)

Hope you are all having a fabulous week!
  • RILEYRED
    Options
    I love talking to people with the same issues, you get it and come up with stuff that others might not. Roni, I never thought about all the crooked walking on bad sidewalks, I feel stupid now,lol, cause that does make sense. Guess it's time to dust the treadmill off,haha, thanks,Red
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I love talking to people with the same issues, you get it and come up with stuff that others might not. Roni, I never thought about all the crooked walking on bad sidewalks, I feel stupid now,lol, cause that does make sense. Guess it's time to dust the treadmill off,haha, thanks,Red

Don't feel stupid! Trust me it didn't occur to me until I used the treadmill and wasn't in agony afterward! But once I thought about it it also made sense that the sidewalks with the various ups, downs, cracks, potholes etc were where the problem was. Plus I believe treadmills have a "cushioned" tread for runners...but that also helps the arthritic walkers. So glad I decided to try it before throwing in the towel on walking altogether.
  • RILEYRED
    Options
    This has been very helpful to me,Roni, thanks.