hi

Options
shakybabe
shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
I got about 18-20 to lose to get to where I'd like to be.

Any tips on what you found helps? I'm finding I'm just storing water from exercising so thinking of taking a break over xmas and just doing it by diet.

Replies

• sm_4ever17
    sm_4ever17 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i havent started exercising yet coz i wana get used to the low calorie diet first n then i'll start exercising, otherwise m jst gona faint. i measure my food n then put it on my mobile calorie counter to see how many calories i eat. i eat very healthy this is what i am going to eat today

breakfast i av already eaten was 2 WEETABIX with whole milk as i dint hv semi skim or skim milk at home my mum only bring whole milk
    SNACK: M GOING TO EAT HAZEL NUTS AV ALREADY MEASURED THEM 25 G

then LUNCH WILL BE A TUNA SANDWICH IN BROWN BREAD WITHOUT ANY SAUCES ON IT

SNACK: I WILL EAT A BANANA

DINNER IS GOING TO BE LOTS OF GREEN SALAD LIKE LETTUCE, CUCUMBER, PEPPER N MAY B ANOTHER EGG SANDWICH.

i am trying to eat more protein n less fat in my diet. so what do you eat
  • shakybabe
    Options
    I've been wheat free since beginning of sept.. so just have oats or rice krispies for breakfast, salad or soup for lunch (sometimes with gluten free pitta bread - once a week), and dinner is a portion of lean white meat or fish (no batter, breadcrumbs) with vegetables either roasted or steamed.

I allow gluten free breadcake at the weekend toasted (for lunch) as I like scrambled eggs on toast and sometimes do a bit of bacon with it.

I have nut allergy so can't have nuts.. snacks maybe apple, banana or carrot sticks with bit of hummus.

I try and stick to this for most of the month but I get cravings with my monthlies so usually allow a gluten free brownie or bit of choc (that week only) but have to exercise that day to make up the calories.

I went a bit mad last week though and piled water on with exercise plus monthlies :sad:

so I'm just trying to get rid of the extra water and hopefully be down a pound or two for next weeks weigh-in!
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I finally started working out again 2 weeks ago. I quit smoking 6 weeks ago and had to give my lungs a little time to adjust before I pushed myself, but now that I'm back into it I couldn't feel better! I gained 52 lbs when I had my son (2 years ago!) and have lost all but the last 15 lbs which just seems to keep hanging on. So now that I've discovered MFP and how great it is, it's my goal to lose those last lbs by spring!

I haven't quite mastered weekends yet, and seem to overeat a bit, but I'm doing great during the week. I have a subway breakfast melt for breakfast and a subway veggie salad for lunch. That leaves me plent of calories to eat whatever I make for my son that night and not go over. It's working great so far!!
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hello, just joined group. I started clean eating 3 weeks and 5 days ago and am down 7.3 pounds. It seems to have helped my weight loss.
  • shakybabe
    Options
    My diet seems to be working for me although things are going slowly at the moment, peri-menopause has kicked in so only seem to be losing a couple of pounds a month and usually just after water has dropped off from monthlies... which are sometimes coming each month and sometimes every 2 weeks!

Only got 3lb to go to get to my original goal weight which was 9st 7 for June (3st lost in a year) I started last June at 12st 7. I know some people can get 3 st off much quicker but I have thyroid probs and mobility issues too so just stepping on a treadmill, running around the block or lifting weights are not an option for me.

I've started Q10 and hoping that helps me as its been proven to help with weight loss as well as slow the progression of Ataxia (which I have) in some cases... At the minute I'm also taking a supplement for women thats meant to help with the cravings (getting 2 weeks of them) and ravenous appetite which makes it really hard to stick to diet!... It does seem to be working I haven't got through as many chocs and carbs this month! (when I remember to take them!).

I haven't decided yet whether to go down as far as 129lbs to complete wii fit (it says I should be 9st 3 for my height) as I've already lost more than I wanted to off my boobs, although wanted few more inches off tummy and waist, but seems I can't get that without losing all over and its coming off face, neck and boobs more and I don't want to look older (I'm 43 this June) I've always looked young for my age when I was a bit chubbier.

I might just switch to trying to tighten up tummy now rather than lose more as its coming off in the wrong places. I'll drop all carbs strictly for rest of month to see if can encourage some more water off to get rid of the last 3lbs and reach my goal weight without losing anymore inches off boobs, which are beginning to resemble flat pancakes! :sad: