Help me get clean

Options
Hi I am Robin. I am a 40 year old wife, mother, daughter and friend. I am on a journey to improve the quality (and length) of my life. I began with Weight Watchers on May 1st, then added running in June, in August I started doing Meatless Monday (and have since started eating many meatless meals throughout the week), then on December 1st I started MFP. This journey has been go great. I have lost 29 pounds and have a few more to go, but I am feeling (and according to my DH's reactions) looking better than ever. I am becoming more and more interested in knowing about the foods that I eat. I love fresh, whole fruits and vegetables. I usually choose whole grains. I may eat beef 1 time per week, usually less and even poultry has gotten less plate time lately. I love fish and seafood, in fact I believe I could easily become a pescatarian, if it weren't for my family (and the occasional bacon cheeseburger:blushing: ). Anyway that's a good overview of me and my thoughts. I'd love to connect with knowledgeable clean eaters to assist me in taking the next step toward a healthier future. Friend requests welcome...I'm a good friend:flowerforyou: !

Replies

• reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    ***crickets***:blushing: Am I scary or what? I posted this where I thought I'd get answers! I really need guidance here...
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    Hi! I am not sure of answers since I am still trying to clean up my diet myself, but just wanted to say hi and congrats on clean eating!
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    Hi! I am not sure of answers since I am still trying to clean up my diet myself, but just wanted to say hi and congrats on clean eating!
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answering. I'm sure there has to be someone who can give us advice! maybe I'll try posting again!
  • InstructorLeake
    Options
    Hi,
    I think you are doing great with making healthy eating part of your lifestyle. Keep doing what you are doing...it takes step, but I need to know what is your exact question, so I may answer it for you correctly.

You're on the right path. Keep it up!
  • deebelky
    deebelky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, Robin! How is your journey going? It's been a few months since you last posted here. I just joined this group and it seems there are still lots of crickets. The best info, and first info, I ever received on eating clean is from the queen herself, Tosca Reno. If you haven't found it by now, you should check out her website and books. Start here... www.eatcleandiet.com. I am on my third round of this eating clean lifestyle, and this time I certainly hope it is for good. Life got in the way the last couple of times. A kitchen remodel, surgery, etc. But I have learned how to manage it better and the key is being prepared. Always have stuff on hand that is clean... and plan your combos--i.e. a hard boiled egg and some whole grain bread. chicken and brown rice. lots of apples, broccoli, whatever is simple and good for you--keep readily avaialable. stay away from all the prepackaged stuff and stuff with added sugars. and by all means, pack a cooler with what you will eat when you are not home. then you remain in control. and, have your restaurant go to meals. don't be afraid to ask for your broccoli cooked without butter and no croutons on your salad... Hope this helps. Good luck!!