Teal

Options
Teal
This is your thread!
Please do not forget to post an introduction to your team here and add your team members.
Who is excited?!?!?
<3 CJ

Captain - mscyone Cyone 26 270
blueyegrl Carren 35 230.2
Lindseysund8 Lindsey 21 183.6
Fat_Bottomed_Girl Jill 40 187.2
TheAbatty Amber 25 222
amybell68 Amy 198
stephanieb83 Stephanie 28 226
rettarenee03 26 185
LosingLbs0208 Ann 182
Midwestgirlz Kerri 38 223
shelleytobefit Shelley 38 247
KerriMx5 Kerri 38 199
jessiesheik Jessie 33 132
allycat5723 Alyssa 24 140.4
Risyalifshetova Roslynn 31 214.2
krista010105 Krista 25 154
dzrogers 26 196
BuxomBella3D 26 225

Starting Weight as of 11/11/11 3614.6

Replies

• losinglbs0208
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I'll start. I'm 32 (and forgot to send my age for the spreadsheet!) and I've been heavy all my life. I've lost weight a few times by going low carb and exercising, but I've gained it back when I get lazy and lose focus.
    But I'm becoming a wife at the end of March, so I have a new reason to stay on track! Since mid-August, I've dropped about 15 pounds (and 3 pants sizes!) but I've been struggling to shed pounds the past month or two.
    I like having this accountability, and having a new set of friends to inspire me.

Go Team Teal!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

-Checking in! :) After having been om MFP and having success when focused, I totally fell off the wagon when my personal life fell apart. I'm back now and SUPER EXCITED!

I'm 5'4" and in the mid one-eighties. I welcome ANY additional support and LOVE open food diaries for those who have been successful!

Good luck to ALL!

-Jill :)
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello team!

My name is Alyssa, I'm a cook at a hospital, so food is tempting me all day long. I'm also required to constantly taste meals as I prep them, which makes me feel awful to think of those calories adding up. I attend college full time to become a dietician, and I am married with a 5 year old son. I just recently decided to get seriously motivate after being here on MFP for months. My weight fluctuates pounds constantly. I'm currently around 140, and my goal weight is around 120-125. More importantly, I am seeking a healthy lifestyle change for myself and my family. I am so excited to be here with all of you.

Please feel free to add me, and I will do my best to encourage and motivate you if you will do the same for me :D
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm Dede. I'm 27 and weight 196 pounds. I have not been heavy all my life, but the last 6-7 years have seen my weight balloon a bit. I was diagnosed with HBP last year and have been working off and on since then to shed the weight. I've finally gotten serious about it. I've lost 8 pounds thus far, and I'm not slowing down now. I have a goal of being in a bikini by June 2012.
  • shelleytobefit
    shelleytobefit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm Shelley and I am very excited to be apart of this group!! I seem to have always been heavy.....I tend to be an all or nothing girl when it comes to food and exercise!! I have lost weight before and then I get to a certain point and then I start to think that oh I can have that....I earned that....one won't hurt me.....then one pound goes on and then another and another and then I am almost back to where I started......I want to break this pattern and get to a healthy and fit goal!! I really want to rock a little black dress but that is my vanity speaking but mostly I want to be healthly and get to the person I am inside with the outside to match. I am so excited for this group and to keep myself accountable!! I am doing the Trek the Tower in Feb. (870 steps straight up to the top) and a half marathon in April so I need to get training!! It has been a goal of mine to do a half and I keep making excuses so this time I said I am doing it even if I have to walk the whole thing!!

Let's go Teal team.....we have this!!! Congrats to all who have joined and I wish you all the best in your journeys! I am here for anyone who would like support!
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Amy my age is 43 my current weight is 198 I am 5'1" I have lost 14 pounds so far with 68 pounds to go!!! I have been on MFP for 43 days I love this site!! I have such amazing friends!! The are super supportive, I have been over weight, for a long time, gaining about 4 pounds over the last 22 years, it crept up slowly and I am just sick of it!! A few months ago, I had an appointment with my doctor and she was about to put me on meds for high cholesterol but I really didn't want to be on meds, so I said I could do it my self and I am doing it!!! I exercise everyday with my rest day on Sunday...my daily goal is 1250 calories a day, sometimes I eat my exercise calories and sometimes I don't. I am on a meal supplement shakes for breakfast and lunch. they are great and it is really working for me!

I have been married for 22 years and we have an 11 year old daughter who I homeschool. we live in Northern Indiana, its really cold outside and I miss being able to walk outside, but the treadmill is becoming my best friend, today for the first time I was able to 20 min on the elliptical machine!!! It was huge for me!!

I look forward to being in a hot bathing suit next summer!!! so BRING IT ON!!!!!
  • allycat5723
    Options
    I can tell that I am going to love all of you :) You are a great team, and we are going to be awesome!
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My name is Krista i'm 25 years old and a mom of 4 kids. now that i'm done having babies after having my last baby August 31, my goal is to get back to around 135 or so no real goal weight more of a goal to loose a little and flatten all the baby fat on my belly I've had since I was 16 and to gain some muscles since i'm really weak. And even more than getting me healthy I want to get healthy and lose my belly fat to show my husband that eating better and a little exercise can make a world of a difference because he is 29 with a 2 year old and a 3 month old baby and has had at least 4 small heart attacks over the last 7 years. He is 240 pounds and is a fast food manager so would always eat at least one double meat double cheese burger with extra mayo on both sides of the bun every day. Just guessing I would say he would take in 4000 calories a day with all the candy, ice cream, chips, brownies and double plates of food he would eat. After seeing me loose 10 pounds just from cutting out the soda and sweets cold turkey he did the same and lost 10 pounds in a week but is now hovering at the same weight from not exercising and starting to eat bigger portions again even though he has stopped the mayo, soda and most of the junk. I want to show him we can get healthy for the 4 kids and be here to be a good example for them. And his life will end up just like his mom if he doesn't change. He has gained 25 pounds since we got together in 2005. His mom passed away when he was 18 from being severely over weight and stuck to a bed in a living room and couldn't move. I want my husband around many years for our kids.

Being a stay at home mom and taking care of my grandpa with cancer takes up most of my times so i find it very hard to fit in the time to work out. By the time i finally get kids in bed its past my bedtime for me to even just get 4 hours of sleep. I really want to work on getting all the stress from life in order so i can get healthy.

I am having surgery on my wrist next week so for a month i will be limited to what exercises i can do but i am going to stay very focused on eating right while i cant do as much exercise.
  • BuxomBella3D
    Options
    hey guys! my name is Jenn... i'm 26 & and i play roller derby.

I started my weight loss journey about 4 years ago at 230 pounds... over the course of the first year, i dropped down to 180 pounds. i was lookin' good & feelin' good! i hit a plateau and never really got below 180 but maintained that weight for the next year and a half. in the past year, i've let life get in the way & gone back up to 220 pounds. i'm determined to take it off again!

i know i'm never gonna be a stick skinny, petite girl... and that's okay with me! i have big boobs, hips, & butt that make me super curvy even when i weigh less... and quite frankly, i love it! my goal is to be healthy & comfortable again in my body. i want to be able to be a better derby player, which requires me to get back into shape & slim down. i want to wear my fun flirty dresses this summer when i go to vegas & costa rica.

but really... i want to teach myself self control & discipline :)

can't wait to get this started with ya'll... team teal is gonna kill it!!
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!

My name is Carren, I'm 35 years old and currently weigh 230lbs. I had joined MFP earlier this year, lost a bit and then lost motivation. I realized in November that I had hit my highest weight to date of 238lbs and finally decided enough is enough. I have been overweight since I was about 19, and have been on every diet you can think of. I am an emotional eater, so I would lose weight and then something stressful would happen and I would eat my way through the issues. No more! I want to feel comfortable in my body and I want to finally feel comfortable to go out and enjoy my life! I am a vegetarian, yes a fat one, lol...just about every junk food out there is considered vegetarian! But now I'm really trying to go vegan...trying to cut out the junk food and cheese, my two major downfalls.

I'm so excited to take up this challenge with all of you and I know Team Teal is going to kick booty!!

Oh and I forgot to say that I think I sent friend invites to all of you, but if I missed anyone, please feel free to send me one! I hope we can all keep each other on track to all being big losers! wOOt :happy:
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone ~

My name is Kerri and I am a 38 year old mother of a 22 month old and wife to my wonderful husband. I gained the majority of my 223 lbs during the past 4 years when life became chaos. Prior to those 4 years I was active (a former athlete in HS and college).

I was down to 201 after my daughter was born in February 2010 - but have regained it during the past 20 months. I was up, at my peak this August/September to 240. 65 days ago I decided to do something about it because I wanted to be alive to hold my own grandchildren one day (Type II diabetes / stroke are huge in my family). My wonderfully supportive husband (who tells me all the time he loves me just the way I am) found MFP and I joined 61 days ago. Tomorrow is my official 2 Month Anniversary.

I am down 17lbs - and a total of 10 inches. I work out 5-6x a week - 60 minutes of cardio and 30 - 40 minutes of weight lifting. I average at least 600 calories burned per work out. Some days I eat back my calories, sometimes I don't. I want my body to keep guessing, so I change up the calorie intake, cardio workout (alternating elliptical, spinning, jogging, walking), and the way I life weights.

I am currently in a 10 week challenge that ends Dec 31st. The weekly goals and challenges have helped keep me honest and motivated to excel (I have a bit of a competitive streak in me)...so, when I saw this challenge posted on MFP on Monday I immediately said SIGN ME UP!!!!

I hope I can give each of you encouragement and support. I also hope you give me critical feedback and support as well!!

Best of luck - and ROCK ON, TEAM TEAL!!!
  • amybell68
    Options
    This may be a dumb question, but what do we do next??? lol
  • amybell68
    Options
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Its not a dumb question. I've been thinking the same thing!!!!
  • rettarenee03
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Sheretta. I am 26 years old and currently weigh 185 pounds. January 1, 2011, I weighed 225 pounds. I was motivated to lose weight for my wedding which took place March of this year. My goal now is to get down between 150-160 pounds. I just want to be healthy. I am current down about 40 lbs. I am very excited about this challenge!

Wishing each and everyone of you success as we travel the road to weight loss together!!

GO TEAM TEAL!!!
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

My name is Roslynn, I am 31yrs old and mother to a wonderful 10yr old son :) Earlier this year I weighed 320lbs. I started my weightloss journey in March with Jenny Craig, Currently I am 214lbs! My goal is to hit 158lbs before I move out to California to be with my boyfriend of 4+yrs. He is attending law school. So I want a beach body by the time I get out there. Not so much that but I have been heavy all my life. My whole family has been obese for as long as I can remember. So I put my foot down and took control of my own LIFE! Ive always worried about others and not myself. SO THIS IS GO TIME! lol

Its been nice being on this journey, and enjoying it and sharing it with others along the way!

I noticed in the other colors it says that our team captain will be giving us weekly challenges and weight checks I believe....
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing, about what's next, I found this over on the "contestant's thread"....it looks like the next step will be to get a team name together, that we need to vote on or something LOL...says the name is due 12/31. First weigh in is 1/13 ...but not sure when the actual blogs and challenges will start, but I'm sure our awesome Team Captain Cyone will fill in that, just wanted to show you all this! :happy:
    Here are some rules for contestants.
    1. Each week, your team captain will come up with a challenge for you to do. TRY your best.
    2. You need to submit your weight to your captain each week by Friday. Your captain has to post your info to the spreadsheet starting at 10pm each Friday. Your team captain will let you know exactly what time they would like your weights to them. If something happens to you, and they cant reach a scale, they must give your weights early.
    3. If you go MIA, your captain will try to reach out to you, if you do not respond by the weigh in time, you will be moved to the "not the biggest loser" bracket.
    4. I would like each team have the same ticker, but that is up to your and your team.
    5. You also need to come up with a team name. This is due to me by December 31st, Please take a vote so everyone can have a voice.
    6. There will be a challenge that I come up with each week. I will post it every Sunday, along with each teams challenge.

Our first weight in will be almost 2 weeks after we start, just so everyone can push a bit harder and get used to each team. Our first weigh in is January 13th 2012.

I have not decided how we will do eliminations. I am waiting to see how many people we have on each team. There will be challenges that have Immunity, lb advantages and disadvantages, etc.

Also, no one is truly eliminated. If you become "not the biggest loser" you will be in it for the "at home winner" and "fan favorite" (which will really just be the recognition!!) So please do not give up and keep pushing. The real reason we are all doing this is because we want to get healthier and be "BATHING SUIT READY!"

You will know who your team is this weekend and I will post something with each team. I will make each of you of a starting thread this weekend once I figure out your teams. I each of you to add each other and do another introduction here. As I said before, you will have a weekly blog, its best that you guys post on there a few times a week to encourage each other. This way its more private between teams
  • allycat5723
    Options
    So does anyone have a suggestion for a team name?
  • krista010105
    Options
    So does anyone have a suggestion for a team name?

I say Teal Terminators
  • krista010105
    Options
    or Teriffic Teals or Tough Teals